Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos at Colts

Barry Sears

24 minutes ago, tfunky14 said:

You guys are all writing the Colts' offense wont move the ball on the Broncos Defense. Have you seen the Broncos offense lately?

They are worse than the Colts!!!!

might look like the last game were neither team does much of anything 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, lollygagger8 said:

At this point I'm long term thinking.

I'm more interested in the higher draft pick than the win. 

As a Jaguars fan, I have been reading this crap for way too long. I call it crap because true fans want their team to win every game. With only three wins so far, you don't need to lose tomorrow to get coaches fired, players cut, a high pick in the draft, etc. It will all happen regardless of the result  You can still think long term without wanting the team to lose to a 4-10 team on international television.

3 hours ago, tfunky14 said:

You guys are all writing the Colts' offense won't move the ball on the Broncos Defense. Have you seen the Broncos offense lately?

They are worse than the Colts!!!!

What about Denver's offense? They are unable to settle on a QB with three guys playing musical chairs under center. You can't evaluate an offense that does not have the same QB every week. Denver was better with Trevor Siemien as the unquestioned starter than after he was benched and got his job back due to injury.

37 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Did anyone else see this? I don't understand Vance Joseph's logic about the Colts having an advantage but the fact it was impossible to see white uniforms in white snow gave you one.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000892358/article/blizzard-bowl-film-of-colts-disrupts-broncos-game-prep

Of course, he should throw away that film because we will be playing in Indy indoors. Unless he wants to hone in on the play of newbies like our starting CB Quincy Wilson, he should find most of his film from other games, IMO.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, Barry Sears said:

In years past this Thursday night match-up in Week 15 would have been filled with excitement and playoff implications.  Obviously, that's not the case this year.

Will you watch the game?  If so, what's the main reason?  I know we'll be wearing the all blue color rush uniforms, which I'm anxious to see (sad to think that's the main reason I'll tune in).

Lastly, what's your prediction on the final score?

I'm predicting the Broncos win in the same fashion many other teams have won against us this season...something bad will happen to the Colts late in the game and we lose it 17-13.

I'll tune in for a little bit. I still get excited to watch the Colts, I wanna see Gore or Mack rip a long TD for once. Can some Colt do it? When's the last time we had a 40+ TD rush??  I want to see the color rush jerseys bad (especially since we wore camo last week) but another big reason is fantasy playoffs have started. So i'll be watching a couple key guys.

Final score will be 20-13.. and I'm assuming we'll be up in the 13 to 10 with about 8 mins left in the 4th quarter.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

As a Jaguars fan, I have been reading this crap for way too long. I call it crap because true fans want their team to win every game. With only three wins so far, you don't need to lose tomorrow to get coaches fired, players cut, a high pick in the draft, etc. It will all happen regardless of the result  You can still think long term without wanting the team to lose to a 4-10 team on international television.

some people seem like bigger fans of the draft than actual games

i dont think it matters much if we pick like 5th or 9th in each round.  we need our GM to be able to find good players regardless of draft position.  they are always out there 

31 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont think it matters much if we pick like 5th or 9th in each round.  we need our GM to be able to find good players regardless of draft position.  they are always out there 

Makes me laugh when you see people losing their mind if we pick 3rd or 4th, as if only #1 is the only good player.

If you know how to pick, it really doesn't matter where you pick. Plenty of top 10 busts out there.

But I strongly agree with your first sentence.

19 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Here's an example of how its been for the Broncos..

They got a sack fumble last week..and their safety Justin Simmons celebrated so hard he sprained his ankle and got put on injured reserve....

...... lol,  yep no doubt, this is the reason that both teams will be 4 -10 at 11:59pm tomorrow.  badly injured & scantly talented teams beating equally injured & woeful teams, meh, happened to us 3 other times this year, why not on TNF at home.  Read all about it, get your Colts tickets for 6 dollars, read all about it ..... yawn, we could hardly get any pub for an NFL game played in almost blizzard-like conditions that went down to the wire and featured grown men playing in the snow, the biggest news being Adam V.  probably not getting his 500K bonus.  I will be rooting however.  Let me add that it gets me more exited that we will have a top 15 draft pick and Luck back and next year should sport 8 to 9 wins.  Whereas the following year and Ballard working his magic, we should be taking names (all depends on schedule strength and our O-LINE and Ballard and our new coach Taub getting the defense tough and mean and blowing snot and spitting and hocking loogies at the opposition)

7 hours ago, IinD said:

Makes me laugh when you see people losing their mind if we pick 3rd or 4th, as if only #1 is the only good player.

If you know how to pick, it really doesn't matter where you pick. Plenty of top 10 busts out there.

If you know how to pick, you don't even need a first rounder at all to steal a gem.

6 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

No hairston tomorrow....yeah this secondary is all to pieces

I actually feel bad for our squad this week. Whoever plays probably has the flu from exposure, a little frostbite from it being like zero degrees and sore as hell from getting hit by frozen helmets for 4 hours.

Good times nowadays..:censored:

On 12/12/2017 at 8:52 PM, WoolMagnet said:

I understand your feelings on the kneeling and respect them.

i havent been as interested in recent years.  Mainly due to , what i see as, a lesser product on the field.  I wlso am tired of the "me" attitude of players rather than a "we" culture.  This isnt the game i remember.

but to stop watching because of knerling, etc is kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face in some ways.  Half these nitwits dont even know why they are kneeling. Disrespectful, yes, but not earthshattering.  Its funny, we see video of Ray Rice punching a woman, a TE from NE involved in a murder, numerous cheating scandals, and what pushes people away?  Kneeling during the national anthem.  Its time we all moved on from the kneeling thing i believe.  There are far bigger issues in this country right now to focus on, imo.

The kneeling and injecting a politics type of attitude into the game was just the straw. Quite frankly this has been discussed ad nauseum but as you stated, this is not the same nfl as we’ve watched over the years, it’s a poor product all around. The players are pre Madonna’s, the refs can’t call games anymore, the games are slow and long, if you even touch a qb they throw a flag, especially if you have a star name and on and on. The additional item of players injecting their cause, regardless of whether it’s 

right or wrong, it is in the wrong venue and wrong time. Like so many other things, money has ruined this sport. When a guy argues that a contract of 80 million for 5 years isn’t enough, we have an issue. At any point, I’m just not sure I’ll ever make it back to football in the way I was over the past 20-25 years. I haven’t even missed the games like I thought I would. One day I woke up and someone said week 12 and I was like wow, already? 

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

The kneeling and injecting a politics type of attitude into the game was just the straw. Quite frankly this has been discussed ad nauseum but as you stated, this is not the same nfl as we’ve watched over the years, it’s a poor product all around. The players are pre Madonna’s, the refs can’t call games anymore, the games are slow and long, if you even touch a qb they throw a flag, especially if you have a star name and on and on. The additional item of players injecting their cause, regardless of whether it’s 

right or wrong, it is in the wrong venue and wrong time. Like so many other things, money has ruined this sport. When a guy argues that a contract of 80 million for 5 years isn’t enough, we have an issue. At any point, I’m just not sure I’ll ever make it back to football in the way I was over the past 20-25 years. I haven’t even missed the games like I thought I would. One day I woke up and someone said week 12 and I was like wow, already? 

I think over-saturation has affected interest as well.

games on 3 out of seven days makes it less "special".

the same thing happened in golf.  Professionally, then trickled down to amateurs.  Less people playing and watching.

18 hours ago, IinD said:

I know it's nuts. When I see people go like ooooo ahhhhh we aren't picking 3rd gall darn it but now picking 4th. I literally lmao. The only time getting the #1 pick is important is if you need a Franchise QB and an Andrew Luck is there. We don't need a QB. If you have a bad team, if you pick in the Top 10 anywhere AND DONT NEED A QB that is great as the Draft is a crapshoot anyways.

38 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know it's nuts. When I see people go like ooooo ahhhhh we aren't picking 3rd gall darn it but now picking 4th. I literally lmao. The only time getting the #1 pick is important is if you need a Franchise QB and an Andrew Luck is there. We don't need a QB. If you have a bad team, if you pick in the Top 10 anywhere AND DONT NEED A QB that is great as the Draft is a crapshoot anyways.

I think some are excited because if we get a top 3 pick there's more trade back potential. They want to possibly get a haul for Rosen/Darnold/whoever. But that changes a bit if we drop to let's say 5th or 6th.

I'm not holding my breath or anything but I'm not gonna lie, higher we pick happier I'll be.

1 hour ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I think some are excited because if we get a top 3 pick there's more trade back potential. They want to possibly get a haul for Rosen/Darnold/whoever. But that changes a bit if we drop to let's say 5th or 6th.

I'm not holding my breath or anything but I'm not gonna lie, higher we pick happier I'll be.

true but i think people assume theres gonna be a big demand to trade to number 3, i just dont think there is a player as of now that is gonna warrant a big haul to trade up

23 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

heres my prediction

could go either way really

i think miller gets a big sack late in the game.  broncos win 20-14

They're going to have a tough time blocking him I think. Especially on a fast surface.

I'm hoping for a close loss, but I can easily see their D getting a turnover or two on us.

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

true but i think people assume theres gonna be a big demand to trade to number 3, i just dont think there is a player as of now that is gonna warrant a big haul to trade up

Like someone posted in another thread. I think some fans love the draft a little too much and think people are going to trade us 10 picks for our pick.

Then they imagine us sliding back 4 spots and getting into another trade and we end up with half the picks in the first round and we end up drafting the 5 best players in the first and second round, then have 5 first and second round picks for the next 6 years. (Sarcasm off)

I'll be good if we get a good starter almost anywhere on the team.

Just now, IinD said:

Like someone posted in another thread. I think some fans love the draft a little too much and think people are going to trade us 10 picks for our pick.

Then they imagine us sliding back 4 spots and getting into another trade and we end up with half the picks in the first round and we end up drafting the 5 best players in the first and second round, then have 5 first and second round picks for the next 6 years. (Sarcasm off)

i hear ya. Too many Madden players......

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

I think we'd have to get the 2nd pick to without a doubt have trade packages to choose from, because of Darnold and Rosen. Even then though, I think a team could be high enough on Lamar Jackson for us to get a nice haul too.

Again, I don't particularly care, but it is the way it is.

37 minutes ago, IinD said:

I get not really caring about it, it's a small difference on paper, but it's fun to think about the possibilites if we get the 2nd or 3rd pick as opposed to say the 5th or 6th pick.

In years past, when people are talking about trading down from 15th-late 1st, sure, that I find ridiculous. But with these QB prospects, and how many QB needy teams there are...I'm not saying we'd get a king's ransom, but it's fun to think about trading back, getting Q. Nelson, and possibly even picking up an additional 1st next year too, along with whatever else we'd get.

7 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

I get not really caring about it, it's a small difference on paper, but it's fun to think about the possibilites if we get the 2nd or 3rd pick as opposed to say the 5th or 6th pick.

In years past, when people are talking about trading down from 15th-late 1st, sure, that I find ridiculous. But with these QB prospects, and how many QB needy teams there are...I'm not saying we'd get a king's ransom, but it's fun to think about trading back, getting Q. Nelson, and possibly even picking up an additional 1st next year too, along with whatever else we'd get.

I hear you. I don't judge anyone for whatever floats their boat.

I was simply talking about folks thinking we're in a bad spot if we end up let's just say 6th for conversations sake. 

If Ballard can't pick a good player there, we're dead moving forward. Yes it would be nice to get some extra picks, but I'm good if they pick someone who becomes an instant starter.

Just now, IinD said:

I hear you. I don't judge anyone for whatever floats their boat.

I was simply talking about folks thinking we're in a bad spot if we end up let's just say 6th for conversations sake. 

If Ballard can't pick a good player there, we're dead moving forward. Yes it would be nice to get some extra picks, but I'm good if they pick someone who becomes an instant starter.

Oh, definitely. Top 10 is a solid spot no matter what.

Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Nelson, etc. So many good options.

23 hours ago, aaron11 said:

most draft picks cant start year one, most if they even make the roster are future help in year 2 or 3

12 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I think over-saturation has affected interest as well.

games on 3 out of seven days makes it less "special".

the same thing happened in golf.  Professionally, then trickled down to amateurs.  Less people playing and watching.

You may be right. Sunday, Monday, Thursday and some Saturday games later. I liked having Sunday games and the special Monday nighter. Now it’s a burden almost. Maybe it’s my age and when it’s a Monday night game in Indy, the drive back home an hour+ away at 1am sucks. 

7 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

While I will agree it would be nice to get the highest draft pick possible now that our season is over, it wont bother me if pick 5th instead of 3rd. Some people are going to freak out if we win tonight lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

While I will agree it would be nice to get the highest draft pick possible now that our season is over, it wont bother me if pick 5th instead of 3rd. Some people are going to freak out if we win tonight lmao 

If we lose and SF wins , we just about have the # 3 pick locked up. All it would take is a loss at Baltimore as I believe Denver is the only team that would pick ahead of us if we tied record wise. Other words , we have a worse strength of schedule than any team that mathematically could end up with 4 wins other than Denver.

This is a "big game to lose."