Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos at Colts

Barry Sears

In years past this Thursday night match-up in Week 15 would have been filled with excitement and playoff implications.  Obviously, that's not the case this year.

Will you watch the game?  If so, what's the main reason?  I know we'll be wearing the all blue color rush uniforms, which I'm anxious to see (sad to think that's the main reason I'll tune in).

Lastly, what's your prediction on the final score?

I'm predicting the Broncos win in the same fashion many other teams have won against us this season...something bad will happen to the Colts late in the game and we lose it 17-13.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill watch because I'm a die hard colts fan win or lose still watch the game because its still football (really bad football) but nonetheless still the sport and team we all love.

I hope we hold the lead all game then let the broncos win to almost secure a lower pick than the broncos.

I'll watch, partly because these past few games have been nice and stress free.

I'm not actively rooting for losses but I'm completely okay with it, excited about the possibility of a top 3 pick. The actual fun of still watching though is seeing the young guys develop. I'll be watching and hoping guys like Wilson, Basham, and Geathers can end on a solid stretch of play. 

I'll be watching as though they were still in the hunt (boy, that sounded a bit Pagano-ish. Sorry).

From my point of view, the worst that can happen is we lose, and strengthen our draft position, which is something I'm not anxious about but understand the benefit.

Looking forward to an exciting off-season, though I hope it's our last. 

I'm looking forward to somewhat less exciting off-seasons again,

Whenever we have a late game its at 2am where I am from so usually tape the game, avoid the score the whole next day then watch it as live the following night.......this time I will just check the score and watch game in 40 potentially. 

Colour rush should be interesting and will be watching Brissett closely as he seems to have been regressing of late and Bills game gave no real help on this assessment.

After a strong result last week I expect Broncos to win 24-14.

The Colts could win this, but I don't think they will. The score will be something like 24-17, Cos' win.

This game should have meant something.

I dunno if most of us care or are aware, but the Colts fan base got cut in half when Peyton went to Denver. Those BronColts fans would have had to reconcile their divided loyalty and came back home, if this game meant anything.

As it stands, I wonder what the Colts actual fan base in raw numbers looks like right now, compared to say 2012. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Irsay's bank account says it's quite a bit less.

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

The Colts could win this, but I don't think they will. The score will be something like 24-17, Cos' win.

This game should have meant something.

I dunno if most of us care or are aware, but the Colts fan base got cut in half when Peyton went to Denver. Those BronColts fans would have had to reconcile their divided loyalty and came back home, if this game meant anything.

As it stands, I wonder what the Colts actual fan base in raw numbers looks like right now, compared to say 2012. 

I wouldn't be shocked if Irsay's bank account says it's quite a bit less.

Awesome numbers here. Where are you pulling these from?

31 minutes ago, csmopar said:

He's most likely asking where you came up with the fan base getting cut in half. 

Well, obviously it was anecdotal. There's no database that we have access to that'd give us the exact numbers, like I said, I'll bet the franchises books do have an idea though (Irsay's bank account).

It wasn't hard to observe a large chunk of Colts fans deciding that they were Peyton fans instead. I'd go so far as to say, very few of my real life Colts fans friends are anywhere near as invested into the Luck era as they were (at this point it's understandable, it wasn't when he was beating Peyton Broncos in the Playoffs, but I digress).

32 minutes ago, lollygagger8 said:

At this point I'm long term thinking.

I'm more interested in the higher draft pick than the win. 

You've entered the 'I don't give a %' phase...lol.

I'm right there with you. We'll cheer if they win, if not, it's all good.

20 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well, obviously it was anecdotal. There's no database that we have access to that'd give us the exact numbers, like I said, I'll bet the franchises books do have an idea though (Irsay's bank account).

It wasn't hard to observe a large chunk of Colts fans deciding that they were Peyton fans instead. I'd go so far as to say, very few of my real life Colts fans friends are anywhere near as invested into the Luck era as they were (at this point it's understandable, it wasn't when he was beating Peyton Broncos in the Playoffs, but I digress).

I disagree with the Peyton/Broncos notion. I think a lot of fans did like Peyton and watched the Broncos with rooting interest, but the team still had fans going to games and buying merchandise pretty consistently until they started losing.

Lack of money going into Irsay's wallet has more to do with the team's performance than Peyton Manning.

10 minutes ago, Restored said:

I disagree with the Peyton/Broncos notion. I think a lot of fans did like Peyton and watched the Broncos with rooting interest, but the team still had fans going to games and buying merchandise pretty consistently until they started losing.

Lack of money going into Irsay's wallet has more to do with the team's performance than Peyton Manning.

Yeah id say that's because we haven't been winning. We have fair weather fans just like any other team. Once we start winning again all those people will be "The biggest Colts Fans" again lmao

3 hours ago, will426 said:

Hope von Miller gets 4-6 sacks..hope our offense doesn’t score more than 3..thus adding to the fuel to fire Pagano and his staff allll the way out of here :)

I wish for the opposite. Pagano is most likely gone no matter what.  A Colts win 20-13.

I'll be watching & cheering for a win. I don't get to see them very much living in Jets/Giants land. I always want my team to win every game. I'm not overly optimistic however & I won't throw things around my living room like I would if this game had playoff implications but...........I predict.......Colts 20 Broncos 17

I’ve not watched a game since the home opener and the guys took a knee. I keep up through here or paper on how they did but haven’t really found too many in depth break downs of individual players as I’ve come to read in the past. From what I’ve read, we have good DLine players, a promising group of CB/Safeties and Ty and Doyle and maybe a RB if he can get any time to play when Gore is gone after the season. Oh and Vinny And the Punter has done quite well this season too. Too many injuries and too poor of a product overall to know what we really have and coaching will become a different group and different philosophies no doubt. Just hope we don’t go into a 4-3 now and dump the 3-4   I may watch next season if they resolve the whole taking a knee in the league. Not renewing season tickets though. 

9 minutes ago, Jdubu said:

I’ve not watched a game since the home opener and the guys took a knee. I keep up through here or paper on how they did but haven’t really found too many in depth break downs of individual players as I’ve come to read in the past. From what I’ve read, we have good DLine players, a promising group of CB/Safeties and Ty and Doyle and maybe a RB if he can get any time to play when Gore is gone after the season. Oh and Vinny And the Punter has done quite well this season too. Too many injuries and too poor of a product overall to know what we really have and coaching will become a different group and different philosophies no doubt. Just hope we don’t go into a 4-3 now and dump the 3-4   I may watch next season if they resolve the whole taking a knee in the league. Not renewing season tickets though. 

glad you made a stand, i feel the same way, the knee thing took something away from the game for me, i just dont get excited about the nfl anymore, dont know if i will ever get it back

(This is from a dreamers aspect.) First of all id like to see a well coached game from start to finish. Second id like to see our OC pull out some unique plays to keep the broncos good D guessing. Third id really like to see Mack finally burst one for 70 plus yards (Just one time this season is all i ask) sigh and Finally id like to wake up from this nightmare called reality that were actually going to face:facepalm::(:Cry:

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I understand your feelings on the kneeling and respect them.

i havent been as interested in recent years.  Mainly due to , what i see as, a lesser product on the field.  I wlso am tired of the "me" attitude of players rather than a "we" culture.  This isnt the game i remember.

but to stop watching because of knerling, etc is kinda like cutting off your nose to spite your face in some ways.  Half these nitwits dont even know why they are kneeling. Disrespectful, yes, but not earthshattering.  Its funny, we see video of Ray Rice punching a woman, a TE from NE involved in a murder, numerous cheating scandals, and what pushes people away?  Kneeling during the national anthem.  Its time we all moved on from the kneeling thing i believe.  There are far bigger issues in this country right now to focus on, imo.

Colts O has averaged 12.5 ppg in the last 4.  It won’t get better here.  I’ll go 13 - 24 Denver.  Denver still has a top D and the Colts O hasn’t really seemed capable of putting up points in general.  

Hopefully the Colts manage to get by without more injuries to the team.  That would be a positive and after Thursday there’s only two games remaining before what should be an interesting offseason and draft :dunno:.

if there is a team that has fallen further and has become a bigger dissapointment than the Colts this season i would have to say its the Broncos. If we are going to win another game this season i would hope we could at least beat the quarterbackless Broncs. The only thing that scares me our oline does not look good standing up to their pass rush and Brisett likes to hold the ball....but you know if we lose no big deal higher draft pick. 20-17 Colts!