Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor, Heath Evans After Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

krunk

6 minutes ago, krunk said:

Only thing I can think of is the prostitute solicitation for which he was promptly fired.

He was arrested for domestic battery but the charges were plea bargained. He now claims he sufferers from CTE. Is this a front or reality? We just don't know.

He has already agree to donate his brain.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Reidm said:

yeah I thought it smelled fishy to. if they were bold enough to do the stuff she said then I would think it has happened to other women around them too. 6 guys being accused by one women? Who knows maybe she was sending stuff to them too. I cant see any normal person sending a video of themselves masturbating to someone unless they were fooling around together. especially someone famous whose pictures and videos could be used as blackmail or sold to media

I could see it happen if she hadn't reported earlier. I don't wear her shoes so I can't judge her. If she has a copy of the things she said she does she will have a very strong case. If not she don't have much to go on but her word against theirs.

So was Bret Favre a normal person? He sent photos of his privates and they were shown by the accuser.

The NFL Networks reason for firing her seems a bit weak.   Claiming that she was stealing clothes.   I read through some of the case paperwork and it indicated that she was supposedly buying the clothes on her own and not being reimbursed for it.  I'm going to assume that she must have believed that was the case and they didn't see it that way and then moved to fire her I guess.   Seems that could have been cleared up easily with receipts or something.

39 minutes ago, Reidm said:

yeah I thought it smelled fishy to. if they were bold enough to do the stuff she said then I would think it has happened to other women around them too. 6 guys being accused by one women? Who knows maybe she was sending stuff to them too. I cant see any normal person sending a video of themselves masturbating to someone unless they were fooling around together. especially someone famous whose pictures and videos could be used as blackmail or sold to media

I have wondered if she was actually sleeping with some of these guys and they saw her as a jump off or something.

9 hours ago, mikey287 said:

Generally. But I can tell a lot of stuff about a person by looking at their face, it runs in my family...I know their temper, what they'll find funny, etc. etc. just by looking at their face. It's one of the main reasons I don't make any bad hires at my job (I'm in charge of hiring/firing for my department, among other things) and I can tell almost immediately whether they're going to be a fit. The interview process is nice to add data points, so I can see mannerisms and hear how they piece things together...but it's really almost immediate that I can figure it out. It's tough to describe to people, but it has gotten me pretty far in life, in a couple of different simultaneous career tracks...as dumb as it sounds...

Knowing how to talk to people because you know what they like and don't like before they say a word to you is a huge advantage when it comes to networking/negotiating...

Hey rainman, do you also shop at Kmart ?

9 hours ago, mikey287 said:

Generally. But I can tell a lot of stuff about a person by looking at their face, it runs in my family...I know their temper, what they'll find funny, etc. etc. just by looking at their face. It's one of the main reasons I don't make any bad hires at my job (I'm in charge of hiring/firing for my department, among other things) and I can tell almost immediately whether they're going to be a fit. The interview process is nice to add data points, so I can see mannerisms and hear how they piece things together...but it's really almost immediate that I can figure it out. It's tough to describe to people, but it has gotten me pretty far in life, in a couple of different simultaneous career tracks...as dumb as it sounds...

Knowing how to talk to people because you know what they like and don't like before they say a word to you is a huge advantage when it comes to networking/negotiating...

Good Lord

What is confusing me is that ALL these guys are named.  I am in offices all the time where women are saying some pretty direct suggestions to me (a male).  While i am not offended or feel unsafe or threatened, i do ,often in fact, feel uncomfortable.  Mainly because if i were to say the exact same things they are saying to me, it will "feel" totally different from man to woman (or usually women in my case).  

Perhaps its partly because of the fraternity boy atmosphere on set .  Espn and nfl channel are very "loose" now and bordering on unprofessional on camera: whats also surprising is that there is female representation at the networks too. Im surprised big corps arent being mote proactive on this right now.

Harrassment of any kind is wrong and unacceptable,  but something doesnt smell right here.  Google the girl, i just dont see half the on-air talent having this girl in their dreams at night:  i expect a book to follow soon from the girl.  

I need more details on the situation to make a judgement.

8 hours ago, krunk said:

I have wondered if she was actually sleeping with some of these guys and they saw her as a jump off or something.

yeah that was my initial reaction .i'm waiting to hear their statements. I'm sure they will be coming out here soon.

40 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

What is confusing me is that ALL these guys are named.  I am in offices all the time where women are saying some pretty direct suggestions to me (a male).  While i am not offended or feel unsafe or threatened, i do ,often in fact, feel uncomfortable.  Mainly because if i were to say the exact same things they are saying to me, it will "feel" totally different from man to woman (or usually women in my case).  

Perhaps its partly because of the fraternity boy atmosphere on set .  Espn and nfl channel are very "loose" now and bordering on unprofessional on camera: whats also surprising is that there is female representation at the networks too. Im surprised big corps arent being mote proactive on this right now.

Harrassment of any kind is wrong and unacceptable,  but something doesnt smell right here.  Google the girl, i just dont see half the on-air talent having this girl in their dreams at night:  i expect a book to follow soon from the girl.  

I need more details on the situation to make a judgement.

Would it surprise me if it was true? No

But I find it really suspect all these guys targeted the same woman here. I mean if multiple women accused the same man that's one thing but all these men targeted her?

That's a stretch.

Now if more women come out that's a different story.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I could see it happen if she hadn't reported earlier. I don't wear her shoes so I can't judge her. If she has a copy of the things she said she does she will have a very strong case. If not she don't have much to go on but her word against theirs.

So was Bret Favre a normal person? He sent photos of his privates and they were shown by the accuser.

Allegedly, She never showed any "hard evidence" (See what i did there lmao) so it was her word against his and nothing ever came of it but a $50,000 fine for failure to cooperate. but honestly i'm just holding off to see their sides of the story.

14 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

giphy.gif

^That alone made my night. lmaolmaolmao 

Although I don't believe everything anymore at times or get into it with this stuff. Seems every few hours someone is accused of groping someone or doing something nasty.

On 12/12/2017 at 4:49 PM, ReMeDy said:

Now if we could just get a woman to accuse Tom Brady...

1 tried kind of...instead she just kept his child from him and didn't give the child his last name. 

As for this chick, I don't believe this type of thing until it's proven. There have been to many shams from all walks of life from football players on down to good ole boys. And I don't know if Deadspin is who actually broke this one but the 1 they broke in 2010 (Favre)  turned out to be a sham so.

12 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

This isn't on the Darren Sharper level 

Both were on the NFL net was my point....

..and take it from me....

Avoid a discussion of which particular offense against a woman or a group of women ranks worse....

than another offense..

That debate goes nowhere right now. Trust me

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Avoid a discussion of which particular offense against a woman or a group of women ranks worse....

than another offense..

Unless you're a robot like he is 

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

than another offense..

Drugging and raping is number 1

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Not much we can do, just sit back and watch everyone go nuts. And try to live our normal lives the best we can as good people.

My question is, do these guys not see the news?

If these allegation all over the US are real, how are guys not knowing this is coming. Or are these over the top allegations? I just read an article about Warren Sapp https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/warren-sapp-on-sexual-harassment-allegations-you-are-not-going-to-put-that-on-me/ar-BBGI6jU?li=BBnbfcL basically saying, he's still searching for sexual harassment on his part.

But back to my thought, over the last couple months we've seen guy after guy get busted for sexual harassment and they don't know its coming? I watched Macy's Thanksgiving day parade with my children. Matt Lauer didn't seem to have a care in the world about his "hidden" investigation. Then 3 days later he was fired. 

I once was the only guy working in a preschool. And I always used to joke with the ladies there that woman are definently more "disgustinger" than men haha. The things they'd talk about; I would just sit back and keep my mouth shut lol... I wonder if i would have a legitimate case against my employer (I would never do that) but I wonder if it's the same type of stuff going on..

ok.  First, let me start by saying I am completely appalled by sex offenders and their crimes.  Rape, Harassment, assault etc.

That said, I'm beginning to question SOME of these alleged victims.  For example: we had a local school administrator suspended because he's being accused of sexual harassment for an alleged incident that occurred over 25 years ago while he was in high school.  The incident being alleged is that he dropped his pants and mooned the cheerleaders as he drove by their bus.  So where is the line?  Seriously, it took 25+ years to alleged sexual harassment because some guy in your class mooned your bus?! This is what is getting out of control.  

As a trained investigator, I know some sex crime victims take a while to come to grasp with what happened to them and to report it, especially with regards to rape and assault.  But taking decades to say someone grabbed your butt and want them held accountable for it decades later, its out of hand and takes a way time and efforts on victims that were actually raped and assaulted.  Does this mean that its okay for the guy to have grabbed your butt, no it doesn't.  But report that then, not decades later.

19 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

My question is, do these guys not see the news?

If these allegation all over the US are real, how are guys not knowing this is coming. Or are these over the top allegations? I just read an article about Warren Sapp https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/warren-sapp-on-sexual-harassment-allegations-you-are-not-going-to-put-that-on-me/ar-BBGI6jU?li=BBnbfcL basically saying, he's still searching for sexual harassment on his part.

But back to my thought, over the last couple months we've seen guy after guy get busted for sexual harassment and they don't know its coming? I watched Macy's Thanksgiving day parade with my children. Matt Lauer didn't seem to have a care in the world about his "hidden" investigation. Then 3 days later he was fired. 

I once was the only guy working in a preschool. And I always used to joke with the ladies there that woman are definently more "disgustinger" than men haha. The things they'd talk about; I would just sit back and keep my mouth shut lol... I wonder if i would have a legitimate case against my employer (I would never do that) but I wonder if it's the same type of stuff going on..

well said.

I can't believe I'm going to indulge this but seriously only a robot (or a type of person that I can't say by rules of the forum, so we'll go with robot) would take what unc said and decide that he had to chime in remind him that rape is worse than sexual harrassment or sexual assault. It's like you're saying he needed to be told that because he didn't know, not to mention everybody else who had nothing to say about it because they clearly got his point about the other end of the matter. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:18 AM, chad72 said:

We can't judge a book by its cover, ridiculous to judge based on a look, don't you think? Everyone has secrets and everyone has bad thoughts or impulses. The main difference is people acting upon their bad/perverse thoughts/impulses, that is where they should know better to draw their line, IMO.

Yep....I could easily grow a mustache and have that look.....I mean take Aaron Rodgers for example.....moustache Rodgers vs clean shaved Rodgers in the State Farm commercial....the look lol....if it was only that easy to determine who was bad and not lol.

Oh and I agree....I believe men have these impulses and thoughts quite regularly....ESPECIALLY if they are bored or not kept busy. The real issue is not letting your thoughts dwell on it. We all know the 5 second rule for food on the floor....but as a man I talk about the 2 second rule. We all notice beautiful women...they catch our eye and especially if they are dressed for that purpose to begin with it's impossible not to notice or see and recognize them. That's alright, you can't walk around with your eyes closed...but its the dwelling on it...and the thoughts that happen from looking. So I have the 2 second rule. If your looking or catch yourself having a thought about another woman for more than 2 seconds then your brain is going to do what men's brains are going to do...and as a married man or anyone that is trying to not have impure thoughts you can't give it a chance. You have to shut it down...look away...stop it. You can't look for more than that and you can't keep going back. Anything I find more than that 2 seconds and your in danger of letting your brain start working. You have to really train yourself. Maybe its a distraction, maybe its changing the subject, maybe its walking away...but once you let your brain go down that road its probably going to lead to trouble...maybe never physical but its not honoring your spouse or partner. Us guys for a majority are so different than women we can cheat with our eyes and to me its just as bad as anything else. Women don't "tend" to be as visual as us they take cues from other things that get their brains working. Plus once you start it then it just makes other things easier and easier to give in to as your brain just starts to travel down that path. Just don't let your brain go there in the first place.

I have no clue about these men. I don't know the accuser or any facts so I won't label anyone...but lets be honest here.....even the best man is suseptable to a desirable woman. Even David, a man after God's own heart, was an adulterer. How easy it must be to get into trouble do I think myself greater than he??...And especially with men in authority that can take advantage of their power and stature it must be an awful feeling for these young ladies to be put into. I put it past no one as far as a man's character...I'd like to think I have good character and I FULLY know I can not trust my own thoughts if I didn't keep them in check...how much more difficult for someone that might be surrounded day in and day out with temptation to make a mistake if they haven't learned to control their thoughts and actions.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 11:20 PM, Jules said:

^That alone made my night. lmaolmaolmao 

Although I don't believe everything anymore at times or get into it with this stuff. Seems every few hours someone is accused of groping someone or doing something nasty.

Yep it's sad...there is not going to be many guys left standing...and then with some things going so far you might see many men say I can't hire female staff because the threat of a fake allegation might be too risky. I'm not saying that's right but you can see how defensive some people get over this stuff. Might go back to the good ol boys club. That would be a shame. Hopefully these women bringing the claims are truthful and are not doing so for other reasons as there is sure to be reprocussions from the fall out to all these allegations going around all over.....some will be good...getting rid of some horrible attitudes and actions from men....but there is sure to be some negative consequences too. Time will tell...and hopefully the good out weights the bad.

On 12/12/2017 at 5:14 PM, krunk said:

Up until she got terminated I don't see any point previous to that where she ever came forward with a lawsuit or anything else to shed light on the issue and she'd been employed there since 2006.  Sort of wonder if we ever hear anything from her if she doesn't get fired.

She got fired for theft too.  

Thing for me is I need to see some evidence on her phone or hear it from others or someone who saw it or something like that.  

Because otherwise she's basically telling us that 6 different former football players at the network all went after her and her alone and no other women.  And when they did so, they went over the top, whipping out their privates and sending nude photos and grabbing her wherever they felt like it.  I just don't buy that.

And I really hate to be crass here but I look up this woman and she's somewhat decent looking for her age, but the women that these guys share the camera with every day where OBVIOUSLY selected for their looks.  Lets face it the women on NFL network are there for eye candy.

So ALL of these guys go after her hard, totally and unquestionably harassing her, but are total professionals to everyone else including their eye-candy co-workers?

15 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

She got fired for theft too.  

Thing for me is I need to see some evidence on her phone or hear it from others or someone who saw it or something like that.  

Because otherwise she's basically telling us that 6 different former football players at the network all went after her and her alone and no other women.  And when they did so, they went over the top, whipping out their privates and sending nude photos and grabbing her wherever they felt like it.  I just don't buy that.

And I really hate to be crass here but I look up this woman and she's somewhat decent looking for her age, but the women that these guys share the camera with every day where OBVIOUSLY selected for their looks.  Lets face it the women on NFL network are there for eye candy.

So ALL of these guys go after her hard but are total professionals to everyone else including their eye-candy co-workers?

It's a bit hard for me to see as well beauty wise.  The woman is 51 years old

6 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I can't believe I'm going to indulge this but seriously only a robot (or a type of person that I can't say by rules of the forum, so we'll go with robot) would take what unc said and decide that he had to chime in remind him that rape is worse than sexual harrassment or sexual assault. It's like you're saying he needed to be told that because he didn't know, not to mention everybody else who had nothing to say about it because they clearly got his point about the other end of the matter. 

I don't care about your opinion.    I'm not sure why you continue to give it

3 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't care about your opinion.    I'm not sure why you continue to give it

And it doesn't occur to you that everybody else who didn't feel the need to tell unc the difference between rape and sexual battery might feel the same way about yours...because you're a robot.

I feel for all parties involved. If they are guilty  they should be charged. However my real issue is if shes not able to prove her case she will only get a slap on the wrist or NOTHING at all. I just find it funny that she waits to report this until she was fired. All it should to take is her "playing" along with texts ect. to make a case for those accused.

2 hours ago, strt182 said:

I feel for all parties involved. If they are guilty  they should be charged. However my real issue is if shes not able to prove her case she will only get a slap on the wrist or NOTHING at all. I just find it funny that she waits to report this until she was fired. All it should to take is her "playing" along with texts ect. to make a case for those accused.

First, the article does not say that she did not report this before she was fired. Perhaps she was fired because she was complaining about how she was being treated. What if she felt uncomfortable working with the guys that she accused and told her boss this. The NFLN would no longer need her services if she refused to work with some of the guys (those she accused). I am not saying that is what happened, but we cannot assume that she "waits to report this until she was fired".

Second, many people will not report such allegations because they want to keep their jobs and/or they don't want to create any problems. As noted in most of the preceding comments here, the accusers are not believed. So, why report the accusations and risk being shunned and/or fired if you won't be believed anyway. Also, people (colleagues) don't like those who "snitch", especially if doing so leads to others losing their jobs. 

That being said, the allegations do seem hard to believe. Can folks be that dumb as to send naked pics and videos and risk their reputation and their jobs!! I hear that this happens all the time, but I don't get it. SMH...  I will reserve judgment until I have more facts. Until then, it is all speculation.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

First, the article does not say that she did not report this before she was fired. Perhaps she was fired because she was complaining about how she was being treated. What if she felt uncomfortable working with the guys that she accused and told her boss this. The NFLN would no longer need her services if she refused to work with some of the guys (those she accused). I am not saying that is what happened, but we cannot assume that she "waits to report this until she was fired".

Second, many people will not report such allegations because they want to keep their jobs and/or they don't want to create any problems. As noted in most of the preceding comments here, the accusers are not believed. So, why report the accusations and risk being shunned and/or fired if you won't be believed anyway. Also, people (colleagues) don't like those who "snitch", especially if doing so leads to others losing their jobs. 

That being said, the allegations do seem hard to believe. Can folks be that dumb as to send naked pics and videos and risk their reputation and their jobs!! I hear that this happens all the time, but I don't get it. SMH...  I will reserve judgment until I have more facts. Until then, it is all speculation.

My thought is if she was sent all this stuff and still has it then her case is really easy to prove.  

But what I find crazy is this woman who is a bit up there in age is being hounded and harrassed by like 6 different former NFL players.  If no one else says the've experienced or seen anything, I just don't buy it.  As I pointed out before these guys work around a lot of women they share the camera with who are clearly there for eye candy.  

So these guys are going hard core sending pictures of their junk, whipping out there junk, just grabbing her wherever they feel like it. . . all 6 of them.  But their eye candy co workers receive none of this treatment?

It just doesn't make much sense to me.  If there is evidence I will see it and believe the evidence.  If this woman has a selfie taken of Ike Taylor and his junk then I'm gonna say "Yeah she's probably not lying" or if a bunch of other women who worked there start saying "Yeah I saw this, this was par for the course" then again I will agree she's probably not lying.  But absent that there just seem to be a lot of questions that don't make a lot of sense to me.  

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

But what I find crazy is this woman who is a bit up there in age is being hounded and harrassed by like 6 different former NFL players.  If no one else says the've experienced or seen anything, I just don't buy it.

Her age or looks is not the issue. Do men send these pics to women they respect and want a relationship with? That would turn most women off. I would immediately cease contact with the guy.

3 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

But their eye candy co workers receive none of this treatment?

No one knows that this has not happened to the other women there. If that happened to me, I probably would not report it, especially if I am still working at the place. 

The reason I may not believe her is because she accused so many guys of misconduct. I can't understand why so many would put their careers at risk by sending these pics/videos. It is hard to believe. 

On 12/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, csmopar said:

ok.  First, let me start by saying I am completely appalled by sex offenders and their crimes.  Rape, Harassment, assault etc.

That said, I'm beginning to question SOME of these alleged victims.  For example: we had a local school administrator suspended because he's being accused of sexual harassment for an alleged incident that occurred over 25 years ago while he was in high school.  The incident being alleged is that he dropped his pants and mooned the cheerleaders as he drove by their bus.  So where is the line?  Seriously, it took 25+ years to alleged sexual harassment because some guy in your class mooned your bus?! This is what is getting out of control.  

As a trained investigator, I know some sex crime victims take a while to come to grasp with what happened to them and to report it, especially with regards to rape and assault.  But taking decades to say someone grabbed your butt and want them held accountable for it decades later, its out of hand and takes a way time and efforts on victims that were actually raped and assaulted.  Does this mean that its okay for the guy to have grabbed your butt, no it doesn't.  But report that then, not decades later.

This one is an over the top one for me.

Like most cases in life, there are rotten apples on both sides, we just have to move forward and treat every case on its own merit. Jumping to conclusions is always easy, but we have to reserve judgement and let the process play out.

For all we know, it could be a case of Nauright vs Peyton Manning, where the allegations do not have solid merit and try to milk one incident a second and third time, which is what it felt like.