Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Network Suspends Marshall Faulk, Ike Taylor, Heath Evans After Sexual Harassment Lawsuit

krunk

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just don't understand how a professional, at work, cannot know the boundaries. That is a LOT of big names there. I hope it is not true.

1. Apparently, they're not professionals, but only play ones on TV.

2. Perhaps, they've been subject to, and never shook off, an atmosphere of 'don't you know who I am'?

They wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last.

30 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I just don't understand how a professional, at work, cannot know the boundaries. That is a LOT of big names there. I hope it is not true.

This appears to be commonplace, unfortunately. Every day there are more reports/accusations of misconduct or harassment from many areas of work world, not only in sports or television. 

Those names are not nearly as "big" as others who have been accused.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I started reading the article thinking it might be a claim relating back to the playing days, which I could see inappropriate behaviour being rife within sports teams back in the 90s (not an excuse of course) but really surprised and disheartened at the recentness and nature of the accusations (pictures and videos being sent).

1 hour ago, mikey287 said:

Heath doesn't surprise me...he has that look, some people just have that look...(related: check Dean Blandino's hard drive I bet) but I'm surprised about Faulk and McNabb. I met Donovan before, he seemed like a pretty chill dude actually...

We can't judge a book by its cover, ridiculous to judge based on a look, don't you think? Everyone has secrets and everyone has bad thoughts or impulses. The main difference is people acting upon their bad/perverse thoughts/impulses, that is where they should know better to draw their line, IMO.

6 minutes ago, mikey287 said:

Heath doesn't surprise me...he has that look, some people just have that look...(related: check Dean Blandino's hard drive I bet) but I'm surprised about Faulk and McNabb. I met Donovan before, he seemed like a pretty chill dude actually...

You have got to be kidding me with this ignorance.

My daughter is 4 now and I am thrilled with what is going on right now in the world for her.  It means she will be far less likely to be harassed when she joins the workplace and that is a really good thing.

Despite @mikey287 being able to determine that McNabb was a "pretty chill dude" in what was likely a 30 second encounter, we really have no idea about the personal lives of these guys or how they behave.  

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

We can't judge a book by its cover, ridiculous to judge based on a look, don't you think? Everyone has secrets and everyone has bad thoughts or impulses. The main difference is people acting upon their bad/perverse thoughts/impulses, that is where they should know better to draw their line, IMO.

Generally. But I can tell a lot of stuff about a person by looking at their face, it runs in my family...I know their temper, what they'll find funny, etc. etc. just by looking at their face. It's one of the main reasons I don't make any bad hires at my job (I'm in charge of hiring/firing for my department, among other things) and I can tell almost immediately whether they're going to be a fit. The interview process is nice to add data points, so I can see mannerisms and hear how they piece things together...but it's really almost immediate that I can figure it out. It's tough to describe to people, but it has gotten me pretty far in life, in a couple of different simultaneous career tracks...as dumb as it sounds...

Knowing how to talk to people because you know what they like and don't like before they say a word to you is a huge advantage when it comes to networking/negotiating...

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

My daughter is 4 now and I am thrilled with what is going on right now in the world for her.  It means she will be far less likely to be harassed when she joins the workplace and that is a really good thing.

Despite @mikey287 being able to determine that McNabb was a "pretty chill dude" in what was likely a 30 second encounter, we really have no idea about the personal lives of these guys or how they behave.  

A lot of people put on the persona of being a good person.

The thing is most of these pro players are used to females coming on to them and then think all females are like that and they can get by with actions such as these.

11 minutes ago, mikey287 said:

Generally. But I can tell a lot of stuff about a person by looking at their face, it runs in my family...I know their temper, what they'll find funny, etc. etc. just by looking at their face. It's one of the main reasons I don't make any bad hires at my job (I'm in charge of hiring/firing for my department, among other things) and I can tell almost immediately whether they're going to be a fit. The interview process is nice to add data points, so I can see mannerisms and hear how they piece things together...but it's really almost immediate that I can figure it out. It's tough to describe to people, but it has gotten me pretty far in life, in a couple of different simultaneous career tracks...as dumb as it sounds...

Knowing how to talk to people because you know what they like and don't like before they say a word to you is a huge advantage when it comes to networking/negotiating...

Yet, someone as elusive as McNabb was misjudged?

Read about this from another source.  The lady deserves a fair investigation and hearing.  But especially since there is only one claim here I'm going to withhold judgement on this until there is an investigation or there are more claims.  

She was fired and is suing the network.  There are certainly reasons that she may wish to embellish things or make things up.  

I think she said Ike Taylor sent her inappropriate pictures via phone.  If she still has them, the accusation against him should be easy to prove.  

16 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

I've been hearing stories about Warren Sapp for years. It all sounded HIGHLY believable to me

I wouldn't doubt that.

Heck, I'd be hard pressed to doubt anyone at this point.

You may be able to bank on most any '90s Cowboy.

Just now, Valpo2004 said:

Read about this from another source.  The lady deserves a fair investigation and hearing.  But especially since there is only one claim here I'm going to withhold judgement on this until there is an investigation or there are more claims.  

She was fired and is suing the network.  There are certainly reasons that she may wish to embellish things or make things up.  

Yeah, that's always bothersome, but the network let them go.

If there was nothing to the story, you'd hope some company would stand up for the accused, eventually.

17 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

I think that is fair and wise.  I somewhat wonder why this many guys from different levels of the Network and Mcnabb who doesn't even work there are approaching her in the same way with varying degrees of agresiveness.  I mean can they all be stupid enough to believe it wouldn't escalate?  I can't quite see Marshall Faulk every time he greets the lady at work being bold enough to fondle her breasts and butt.  And with her knowing how he supposedly is she goes to see him in his hotel room too.    I ain't saying she's lying but some of it doesn't sound all the way right .

1 hour ago, mikey287 said:

Well everyone who met and knew John Wayne Gacy thought he was a great guy too. :nono:    :D

29 minutes ago, buccolts said:

Yeah, that's always bothersome, but the network let them go.

If there was nothing to the story, you'd hope some company would stand up for the accused, eventually.

They where suspended pending an investigation.  They havn't been fired yet.  

3 hours ago, mikey287 said:

2 hours ago, mikey287 said:

I'm gonna use this the next time I want to get out of jury duty. 

25 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think that is fair and wise.  I somewhat wonder why this many guys from different levels of the Network and Mcnabb who doesn't even work there are approaching her in the same way with varying degrees of agresiveness.  I mean can they all be stupid enough to believe it wouldn't escalate?  I can't quite see Marshall Faulk every time he greets the lady at work being bold enough to fondle her breasts and butt.  And with her knowing how he supposedly is she goes to see him in his hotel room too.    I ain't saying she's lying but some of it doesn't sound all the way right .

One would think that kind of behavior with a person doing make up would have to have been seen by other employees.  It's not like they do the makeup on complete privacy, I believe they all get their makeup done in the same room.

Are we to believe that the silence and conspiracy runs that deep?  Maybe it does but it seems weird.

NFL network sure suspended them awfully fast for a company where it would have to be so much a part of the culture.  You are telling me that their bosses saw all this and are ok with it but look at how quickly they fired Sapp, McNabb and Sharper.  You would think if the whole place was run by a bunch of * bros they wouldn't have acted so quickly.   

If we get other people who say they saw this stuff or say that it happened to them as well then you are most likely looking at something where you can pretty much be sure that it did happen.  But when it's one complaint from someone who stands to make money off if it all in a lawsuit.  I want to see what the investigation reveals.  

14 minutes ago, GoPats said:

I'm gonna use this the next time I want to get out of jury duty. 

You know I got called up once but they canceled it at the last minute and I didn't have to go to the courthouse.  So I've never made it to jury selection.  

That said, getting out of jury duty at jury selection one would think would be a pretty simple process.  Claim a bias or make comments like that.  Or just make a scene where you scream at the defendant that he is "Guilty as sin" and that he "aught to fry" or something like that.  Maybe the last one is contempt of court and you don't wanto do that, but one aught to be able to answer the questions in such a way as to be dismissed.

Seems like getting out of jury duty should be pretty darn simple.  Now personally I'd like to do jury duty one time as long as it's a short trial and it's not about drunk driving just to see what it's like.  I have a bias against drunk driving beyond the scope of the crime thanks to having lost a friend to a drunk driver.  

15 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

One would think that kind of behavior with a person doing make up would have to have been seen by other employees.  It's not like they do the makeup on complete privacy, I believe they all get their makeup done in the same room.

Are we to believe that the silence and conspiracy runs that deep?  Maybe it does but it seems weird.

NFL network sure suspended them awfully fast for a company where it would have to be so much a part of the culture.  You are telling me that their bosses saw all this and are ok with it but look at how quickly they fired Sapp, McNabb and Sharper.  You would think if the whole place was run by a bunch of * bros they wouldn't have acted so quickly.   

If we get other people who say they saw this stuff or say that it happened to them as well then you are most likely looking at something where you can pretty much be sure that it did happen.  But when it's one complaint from someone who stands to make money off if it all in a lawsuit.  I want to see what the investigation reveals.  

I do too.    There are other women who work there as well that commentate and are a part of the show.  You would think there are other complaints that would have surfaced over the years.   It's early so we'll see what else happens.  It just seems sort of odd that all these guys are ganging up on this one girl like that. Not that it couldn't be real, but there are questions that need to be answered.

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

Up until she got terminated I don't see any point previous to that where she ever came forward with a lawsuit or anything else to shed light on the issue and she'd been employed there since 2006.  Sort of wonder if we ever hear anything from her if she doesn't get fired.

10 minutes ago, krunk said:

Up until she got terminated I don't see any point previous to that where she ever came forward publicly to speak on the issue and she'd been employed there since 2006.  Sort of wonder if we ever hear anything from her if she doesn't get fired.

The problem many people have with women reporting sexual harassment is - if it did happen to them, they don't report it right away. Some report stuff/say stuff happened to them when they either get fired or they hold a grudge on the person they are accusing. That is why sometimes it's hard to believe some of these accusers. It makes it look like they may be lying. Where I work at, luckily sexual harassment rarely happens, if someone is harassed I would hope they would let our management know right away so we can investigate the problem. This is a very serious issue so I hope if someone does get harassed they are telling the truth because if they aren't that just makes it harder on the one's that do tell the truth.

yeah I thought it smelled fishy to. if they were bold enough to do the stuff she said then I would think it has happened to other women around them too. 6 guys being accused by one women? Who knows maybe she was sending stuff to them too. I cant see any normal person sending a video of themselves masturbating to someone unless they were fooling around together. especially someone famous whose pictures and videos could be used as blackmail or sold to media

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The problem many people have with women reporting sexual harassment is - if it did happen to them, they don't report it right away. Some report stuff/say stuff happened to them when they either get fired or they hold a grudge on the person they are accusing. That is why sometimes it's hard to believe some of these accusers. It makes look like they may be lying. Where I work at, luckily sexual harassment rarely happens, if someone is harassed I would hope they would let our management know right away so we can investigate the problem. This is a very serious issue so I hope if someone does get harassed they are telling the truth because if they aren't that just makes it harder on the one's that do tell the truth.

Yeah it's definitely a very serious issue.  If there's emails and texts it should provide the bulk of the necessary proof I think.  As agressive as everything seems you would think she has a great deal of evidence and could have come forward before now.   If you want to have someone convicted you definitely don't wait 5-10 years down the road to bring forth the evidence. Even if you don't feel like you will win.  Just my opinion of course.