Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who do you want to see in/win the Super Bowl?

The Peytonator

I’m riding the Vikings bandwagon pretty hard right now. They’ve always held a special place in my heart being something of a lovable loser type franchise. Definitely pulling hard for them to make it in the NFC. In the AFC I’d like to see Rivers take the Chargers to the big dance. It’d be pretty great to see him go out on top this year. Not a lot of better dudes in the game than Phil Rivers, even though I hated him a few years ago when his team was such a thorn in our butts. I also wouldn’t mind seeing the Jags get in there. Basically I just don’t want to see the Pats or Steelers in the AFC or the Seahawks in the NFC. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite NFC team is the Packers. Unfortunately, it would be a shocker if they make the playoffs (but I'm still hoping they do) because of their loss to the Falcons. When this happens I root against the team that kept my team out of it. If the Cowboys get in, however, I will root against them all the way. It does not matter who their opponent is; I root for the other team every single time.

1 minute ago, chad72 said:

I want Philip Rivers to get 1 last chance.

Yep....LAC vs LAR.....could you imagine how horrible the ratings would be!!!!! That would serve the NFL right!

No honestly LAC/JAC vs PHI/MIN would be my favorite....but I'm about 80% sure it's going to be NE vs NO. I just get that feeling....Brees vs Brady....and NE wins it handily.

Not the Pats. Beyond that I don't actually care. 

One day the Pats are going to be terrible and I won't forget to be glad about it. I told myself I'd celebrate the Bulls and Cowboys fading in the 90's... I need to remind myself that I fervently wished those teams 100 years of boring sportsball performances. At least they haven't won anything, but the damn Cheaters from New England just haven't gone away. How do you not run the ball at the one? How do you blow a 28-3 lead? Unreal. 

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How do you not run the ball at the one? How do you blow a 28-3 lead? Unreal. 

Still cringing.. 

Alot of people are sick of the Steelers and their whole "We have one for the thumb" 

Just imagine if the pats one again..:hairout:...:peek:

51 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I’m riding the Vikings bandwagon pretty hard right now

If been on their bandwagon for about a month now. I want so bad to see them have homefield in the superbowl

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

but the damn Cheaters from New England just haven't gone away. How do you not run the ball at the one? How do you blow a 28-3 lead? Unreal. 

5 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Just imagine if the pats one again..:hairout:...:peek:

Don't worry, when you make a deal with the devil, he always collects.

:76evil:

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

After almost no consideration, wouldn't the Jags winning the whole thing just make everyone eat crow?

That'd be funny.

The Jaguars being IN the Super Bowl would make everyone eat crow. Everyone thinks they can't beat the Patriots and New England will be in the CCG again.

7 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

The Jaguars being IN the Super Bowl would make everyone eat crow. Everyone thinks they can't beat the Patriots and New England will be in the CCG again.

Jags are having a nice season.  They will NOT beat New England in the playoffs especially not in Foxboro.  The Playoffs are a different animal.  You will see.  It will be either the Pats or Steelers representing the AFC...as just about always.

The Jags really have the type of defense that could beat the Pats. Very strong pass rush with Campbell, Jackson, and Ngakoue, fast LBers that can blanket Gronk, and probably the best corner tandem in the game. Seriously every position on that side of the ball is really solid. Their offense is inconsistent but they have the ability to score points. They put up 30 on Seattle and Pittsburgh, and 44 on Baltimore. If they are on their game they can absolutely beat the Pats in Foxborough. 

So tired of the Steelers and Patriots. But it is what it is. They're the best, and certainly in the category of most storied championship franchises. 

I want to see a team that has never won a Super Bowl win it all this year. But that's going to be a tall order. It's honestly the Patriots first, and then everyone else. Hopefully I'm wrong and either the Chargers or Jags can make a miracle happen in the AFC playoffs. 

I agree about Rivers and the Vikings. The Eagles (who are so not done), Jags and Rams deserve it to. 

The Packers always walk into a buzzsaw 1 time or another so even if they make it in and win 2 games, it just means they'll lose 1 of the next ones.

I'm pulling for anybody but the Pats, Steelers, Falcons and Seahawks tbh.

3 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

The Jags really have the type of defense that could beat the Pats. Very strong pass rush with Campbell, Jackson, and Ngakoue, fast LBers that can blanket Gronk, and probably the best corner tandem in the game. Seriously every position on that side of the ball is really solid. Their offense is inconsistent but they have the ability to score points. They put up 30 on Seattle and Pittsburgh, and 44 on Baltimore. If they are on their game they can absolutely beat the Pats in Foxborough. 

You obviously did not watch the Pittsburgh game. Blake Bortles attempted 14 passes, none in the second half. Two of Jacksonville's toucdowns were pick sixes. The Ravens game also featured a defensive score. However, I am sure if we needed Bortles in the fourth quarter, he would have thrown for over 300 yards (he had 244 yards when he was pulled during garbage time).

I can't wait to get Telvin Smith back. The safeties clearly missed him when they were looking for someone else to help. Myles Jack can only go up after being terribly underused last season. And Paul Poslsuny still has it.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

The key to beating the Pats is to put Brady on his butt. The Jags *can* do it. I wouldn't bet on them, but it would only be shocking because of the logo on the side of the helmets. The actual talent is pretty legit at this moment.

What does the jaguar head logo have to do with it? The logo is actually an attempt to loo/k fiercer, more like fighters. I know, we are unlikely to make it past the second round, but the nameplates are what really matter on our uniforms. No more Andre Branch, Tyson Alualu, etc. who were drafted too high just because we needed defensive linemen.

10 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

What does the jaguar head logo have to do with it? The logo is actually an attempt to loo/k fiercer, more like fighters. I know, we are unlikely to make it past the second round, but the nameplates are what really matter on our uniforms. No more Andre Branch, Tyson Alualu, etc. who were drafted too high just because we needed defensive linemen.

Uh, the point was that the logo/franchise history/Blaine Gabbert being a real American has nothing to do with your squad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09oUUhkSxbQ

Who do I want to see win the SB or who has a high realistic chance too? I would love to see a team like the Chiefs win it all, they haven't won it all since 1969 and it would be something different for the AFC. Also it wouldn't bother me at all if the Vikings finally won a SB, they never have. Who has a high realistic chance too - I would say the Pats, Steelers, Saints because of Brees with that improved D, and maybe the Vikings. Wentz getting injured benefits the Vikings and Saints a lot as Philly is done now.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Who do I want to see win the SB or who has a high realistic chance too? I would love to see a team like the Chiefs win it all, they haven't won it all since 1969 and it would be something different for the AFC. Also it wouldn't bother me at all if the Vikings finally won a SB, they never have. Who has a high realistic chance too - I would say the Pats, Steelers, Saints because of Brees with that improved D, and maybe the Vikings. Wentz getting injured benefits the Vikings and Saints a lot as Philly is done now.

Don't be so quick to rule out the Eagles. Nick Foles has enough talent and experience to win games with help from his teammates. I don't think he can win it all with fhis arm, but this is not the Chip Kelly Eagles who imploded with backups.

Obviously the biggest media story will be Minnesota becoming the first-ever Super Bowl team to actually host the SB if they get there. Ironically, they would officially be the visiting team that calls the coin toss instead of uniform colors.

12 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Don't be so quick to rule out the Eagles. Nick Foles has enough talent and experience to win games with help from his teammates. I don't think he can win it all with fhis arm, but this is not the Chip Kelly Eagles who imploded with backups.

Obviously the biggest media story will be Minnesota becoming the first-ever Super Bowl team to actually host the SB if they get there. Ironically, they would officially be the visiting team that calls the coin toss instead of uniform colors.

Nice win over the Seahawks yesterday, Titans also lost as well. Jags may even win a Playoff game if they get in.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

You obviously did not watch the Pittsburgh game. Blake Bortles attempted 14 passes, none in the second half. Two of Jacksonville's toucdowns were pick sixes. The Ravens game also featured a defensive score. However, I am sure if we needed Bortles in the fourth quarter, he would have thrown for over 300 yards (he had 244 yards when he was pulled during garbage time).

I can't wait to get Telvin Smith back. The safeties clearly missed him when they were looking for someone else to help. Myles Jack can only go up after being terribly underused last season. And Paul Poslsuny still has it.

I confess to not watching the Jags as faithfully as a Jags fan does. I know their defense scores a lot of points too, but I do believe the offense is a little underrated, especially with all the Bortles hate I see. 

I agree though on Telvin. I wanted him out of the draft, and I wanted him to hit free agency this offseason so we could nab him. Those three LBs are the best group in the league. 

IMO, the SB will be one of two scenarios

1.) Pats Vs Rams: The storyline will be a rematch of the 2001 SB in this case where the Rams get revenge and the storyline is that the Rams are on top of the world by beating the evil Pats and bringing the Lombardi back to LA.

2.) Chargers Vs Rams: The second scenario is that the NFL will go all out and make it an all LA SB. The storylines and ratings would be huge and the talk about LA would as well. Exactly what the NFL wants, and they'd be happy with either team winning.

I'm betting on the Rams winning the SB. 75% chance of the Rams, and 25% chance on the Chargers.

3 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

I confess to not watching the Jags as faithfully as a Jags fan does. I know their defense scores a lot of points too, but I do believe the offense is a little underrated, especially with all the Bortles hate I see. 

I agree though on Telvin.I wanted him out of the draft, and I wanted him to hit free agency this offseason so we could nab him. Those three LBs are the best group in the league. 

I heard Telvin Smith waited so long to hear his name because he weighed only 200 pounds. A Florida State fan said it was because he got busted for drugs in college, but I know nothing about that. Regardless of the reason, I don't think anyone could watch him and believe he was a fifth round pick.

Myles Jack is not elite yet, but has a high celiing. Bad coaches wanted to cross train him instead of just put him on the field last season, so he was a little late becoming the starting Sam opposite Smith. Good coaches made sure he stays there after realizing he is better on the outside.

All of the Blake Bortles hate is based on one bad season. Most people don't want to give him credit for having a good year statistically in 2015, when his numbers were similar to MVP Cam Newton's (4,428 yards and 35 TDs) because he was one of the best QBs at throwing to the wrong team (18 interceptions) that season and did not fix the problem until Gus Bradly was fired. People see him regress instead of progress and write him off as a first round bust.

14 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would favor Jags over Bills.

Oh yeah, anybody would say that. It would be sweet revenge for Marcel Dareus, who proved how important he was as a run defender by leaving Buffalo. (Notice the difference in their run defense per game before and after Halloween.) It baffles me that the Bills have a better chance of getting in than a second AFC West team.

I could root for the Chargers in the AFC or the Vikings, Rams, Eagles in the NFC (though the Eagles may have a tougher time getting there than previously this season). 

I like the idea of the Chargers as Rivers may be retiring within a few years and I dislike him a lot less than I used to.

I do like what the Rams have done this year.  Quite a turn around for a rookie HC. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's who I said too. It would be a breath of fresh of air if it was Chiefs/Vikings in the SB. The ratings would be bad but who cares. I could watch and enjoy that game.

I would like to see Philip Rivers go to the SB. So, my favorite match-up for the SuperbOwl is Vikings-Chargers. Of course I want the Vikes to win it all, but I would not mind seeing the Lions representing the NFC. They have never won anything.

I would hate to see Brady and the Pats win at US Bank Stadium (Vikings stadium). As long as the Pats, Packers or Cowboys are not in it, I can enjoy the SB.

As I write that, The Dolphins intercept Brady. :D

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I would like to see Philip Rivers go to the SB. So, my favorite match-up for the SuperbOwl is Vikings-Chargers. Of course I want the Vikes to win it all, but I would not mind seeing the Lions representing the NFC. They have never won anything.

I would hate to see Brady and the Pats win at US Bank Stadium (Vikings stadium). As long as the Pats, Packers or Cowboys are not in it, I can enjoy the SB.

As I write that, The Dolphins intercept Brady. :D

Back when Peyton was battling the Chargers I couldn't stand them but I have always thought Rivers was a Very Good QB, borderline Great. I have no problem with the Chargers in this era as they aren't even a rival anymore.