Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Way to Describe the 2017 Colts

Chrisaaron1023

Whats odd is I told a few people I know before the season started that I had this funny hunch that if Luck didn't come back we finish 3-13 or something.:eek:

And every week I think maybe we win again to break the 3 that was stuck in my head. But, we don't........O.o

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....

I'll swim against the tide here....

Why is anyone complaining today?          Because we lost a bizarre game played in a driving snow storm?

Seriously?        Today's game tells us almost nothing.

We easily could've won.     And then what would all of you be saying?

If the two point conversion isn't called back,   we win.      If AV hits the late FG,   we win.

So, if we won,  all of you who think your posts in this thread are somehow deep and meaningful and show genius insight.....    then what would you be saying?     

The season will be over in three weeks.     The team continues to play hard.     That's SOMETHING.

Chuck will be let go.      Some,  maybe all of his staff (I hope it's NOT everyone)   will be let go. 

And then we start all over.

The most important news will be the status of Luck.    Odds are big that some news will be announced sometime in January.     Ballard will hold some type of end of the year press conference and he will update us on Luck.

Then we will have a better idea about 2018.....   

Then he'll hire a new HC,   and we'll have an even better idea about 2018.

Just let the last three weeks play out.     You're going to get your wish......

Watching this team, I've come to the conclusion that even if Luck is back, I'm drafting a QB somewhere.  Moving forward, the odds of Luck playing 16 games a year, evey year, are slim, and if you have to go to Brissett for more than a few games, you are toast.  Your season is over.

4 minutes ago, #12. said:

Watching this team, I've come to the conclusion that even if Luck is back, I'm drafting a QB somewhere.  Moving forward, the odds of Luck playing 16 games a year, evey year, are slim, and if you have to go to Brissett for more than a few games, you are toast.  Your season is over.

Luck and Brissett would be more than fine

..we have 1/2 dozen other needs

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Luck and Brissett would be more than fine

..we have 1/2 dozen other needs

Luck has played 1 of the past 3 seasons.   Brissett is not an NFL starting QB.  Fine is not tIhe word I would have chosen to describe the situation moving forward.

I'm drafting and developing another QB.  

5 hours ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Crazy thing is I typed in trash on google and a damn Indianapolis Colt helmet came up in images next to this one. I’m being serious :(

0D81271A-B387-4D25-A18F-31C863501E05.jpeg

its because Rays trash service is located in Indianapolis and uses colts images on their website. 

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.....

Why is anyone complaining today?          Because we lost a bizarre game played in a driving snow storm?

If the two point conversion isn't called back,   we win.      If AV hits the late FG,   we win.

So, if we won,  all of you who think your posts in this thread are somehow deep and meaningful and show genius insight.....    then what would you be saying?     

The season will be over in three weeks.     The team continues to play hard.     That's SOMETHING.

Chuck will be let go.      Some,  maybe all of his staff (I hope it's NOT everyone)   will be let go. 

The most important news will be the status of Luck.    Odds are big that some news will be announced sometime in January.     Ballard will hold some type of end of the year press conference and he will update us on Luck.

You're right, i'm sure the complaints would be less if we just got blown out every week. Cuz it's obvious we were gonna suck this year..

But we've competed and could've won so many games this year. and yesterdays was the worst lol. if we lost just 7-0 no complaints.. there was a foot of snow on the ground.. but we got our hopes all up with the way it panned out. Now we have something to complain about I guess lol

15 hours ago, #12. said:

While I understand your points, IMO it's just a bandaid.  As long as our QB (whoever it is) continues to be the most pressured/hit/sacked the result will be either injuries, poor play, or in the case of a rookie a career ruined.

18 hours ago, BlueShoe said:

Theoretically, we should be better off for suffering through this.

New coaching staff, and hopefully a healthy Andrew Luck. 

To be honest, a healthy Luck would have probably led us to a 10 win season, and next season would have been more of the same. The Colts needed this off-year. 

As depressing as this season has been, you are completely right.  There is a reason they left Pagano to coach this team.  They need more talent and having a high draft pick certainly will help, either by using it for a high profile player or trading it for more picks.  As far as there being more potential coaching candidates last offseason, I really don't see the difference between this year and last.  

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

It depends on the status of Luck...    but odds are strong the rebuild of the Colts will take much longer than any of us would expect...

That was my response to the MOD's header.
    Best way to describe this season. How long is this gonna take to heal?

Hey, i'm still pumped. 3-13 baby
  And watching film on the next potential Colts. yeehaaaa  

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

OK.....

What's so frustrating to me is that I don't think they've maximized their chances to get wins -- can think of three game management decisions that probably cost the team game-deciding points -- and they can't close even in tight games. I'm not upset that they lost a wild game yesterday, but it is frustrating that our 6th year head coach continues to make head scratching decisions with the game on the line. 

Obviously with all the obstacles this season, we weren't going to contend, but we have such an awful record in close games, including a half dozen blown 4th quarter leads. I just sit back and wait for the other shoe to drop, every week, no matter how the first three quarters go. I know we'll find a way to blow it. That's not fun.

As for the future, you know I'm optimistic, maybe more optimistic than most. That's because I trust Ballard and Irsay to make a change at head coach and to find a guy who knows what he's doing. I also expect Ballard to reshape the roster from top to bottom, practically. But right now, I'm really disappointed in the coaching staff, and kind of over the honeymoon with Brissett also. 

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

What's so frustrating to me is that I don't think they've maximized their chances to get wins -- can think of three game management decisions that probably cost the team game-deciding points -- and they can't close even in tight games. I'm not upset that they lost a wild game yesterday, but it is frustrating that our 6th year head coach continues to make head scratching decisions with the game on the line. 

Obviously with all the obstacles this season, we weren't going to contend, but we have such an awful record in close games, including a half dozen blown 4th quarter leads. I just sit back and wait for the other shoe to drop, every week, no matter how the first three quarters go. I know we'll find a way to blow it. That's not fun.

As for the future, you know I'm optimistic, maybe more optimistic than most. That's because I trust Ballard and Irsay to make a change at head coach and to find a guy who knows what he's doing. I also expect Ballard to reshape the roster from top to bottom, practically. But right now, I'm really disappointed in the coaching staff, and kind of over the honeymoon with Brissett also. 

Good post....

I'm not quite over the Honeymoon with Brissett because of your view on Chud.     How would Jacoby be in a more QB friendly system?      So, hypothetically,  if we hired the KC OC to be the new HC,  and he ran a more short passing game West Coach offense,  how would JB be then?       Maybe better than we think?

And Pagano all but owned the loss yesterday.    Said he screwed up the series where AV missed the FG.    Handled it all wrong,   and took the blame for the loss.     As I fan,  I appreciate when a coach owns it like that.    BUT,  as you have accurately pointed out so many times,   Chuck continues to make 1 or 2 head scratching decisions per game that leave everyone shaking their heads.     He's not going to get better at that.     This is one of a number of reasons I'm so ready to make a change at the top.      No more of this.    

I am so ready for 2018.         Curious about Luck.     About a new HC,  and who his coordinators will be.    Hope that the new HC will keep some members of this staff.      This might be the most interesting off-season since I joined.

And I am ready for it to get under way!