Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sucking it up, update.... We are batting #3 (at least for the moment)

BlueShoe

16 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Even if Luck is still not healthy by the draft?

Even if he is cleared and says he's ready to go, it's no guarantee of anything.  There's no guarantee he stays healthy.  In fact, I would say the odds are against him staying healthy and playing 16 games a year.  If he does stay relatively healthy, there is no guarantee he returns to form.  Many are just assuming Luck is going to return to form and play 16 games a year for the next eight years.  If I were Irsay or Ballard, moving forward, I would want some insurance in the event that doesn't happen, and this is the year to do it when you can trade down and get multiple picks.  I'm using one of them, somewhere, on a QB you believe has starter potential... in the event Luck misses another year or two.  

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there are still some question marks about Luck come draft time... I think the smart move is a trade back that includes a 2019 1st as part of the deal. 

Then we have next season to evaluate Luck,  and also give ourselves the ammunition to move up for a QB in the 2019 draft if Luck isn't his former self.

I would also probably pick up a 3rd or 4th rnd QB prospect. That way we hedge our bets on the QB position and we still end up with all our draft picks (except it's a lower 1st rnd pick) to fill in some of our other needs.