Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sucking it up, update.... We are batting #3 (at least for the moment)

BlueShoe

Just now, BlueShoe said:

It is a final; Broncos beat the Jets 23-0. 

Thursday just got a whole lot more interesting....

Denver won a nice easy game. No stress or pressure.

We played in the snow with teen temps. We'll be dead Thursday.

We got this..

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JCPatriot said:

I'm not saying that you're wrong, just that you would think the tie breakers would be the same.  By this logic, why is strength of schedule one of the last tie breakers for playoff seeding?

Probably because it makes more sense to use head-to-head when determining the best team in a conference. However, determining the worst team in the entire NFL can be more tricky. 

It's a logical question though. 

2 minutes ago, IinD said:

Denver won a nice easy game. No stress or pressure.

We played in the snow with teen temps. We'll be dead Thursday.

We got this..

If we lose then it could be Chucks last day. 

It would make sense to make a move with an extended week 16.

Just now, BlueShoe said:

I think Jim is just going to watch the crash honestly and wait till after Hou.

I get your point though. C'mon Jim, pull the plug, doesn't matter now.

28 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

The best case scenario would be us finishing #2 and the Giants finishing #4 or 5. IMO the Giants woild definitely be looking to trade up for a QB. I dont see it happening though, I think we beat either Den or Hou.

We don't have a QB, we don't have a good OC.  We can't move the ball or sustain drives and score points.  And injuries keep piling up.  A pretty good recipe for a losing out even though they will continue to play hard. 

18 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

The only advantage I can see in letting Chuck go after Denver, assuming he is going to be let go of course, is to quickly get the Rooney rule out of the way and get a head start on the other teams.  I only mention the Rooney rule because the only minority candidate I have seen mentioned is David Shaw and although I like him I have not seen his name come up a lot. 

7 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i know it sounds horrible but at this point i dont get upset when we lose, i know it just makes our draft position better. Next season a new head coach, a healthy Luck, and a high draft pick and hopefully we are a much much better team.

Sounds horrible, but we're all thinking the same thing. 

I still get excited when we win. For a few moments, I thought we had won the game today. :D 

2 hours ago, will426 said:

I beg of you colts please do what you’ve done all year and LOSE so Pagano is for sure gone..

Seeing what the bears did to the Texans I’ll tell you exactly what’s going to to happen. The Colts are going to lose to the Broncos and Ravens and then with nothing to lose, they’re going to go into the final game against the Texans all charged up for one of Pagano’s “Keep fighting” speeches and beat the Texans and celebrate like they won the Super Bowl.

47 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Seeing what the bears did to the Texans I’ll tell you exactly what’s going to to happen. The Colts are going to lose to the Broncos and Ravens and then with nothing to lose, they’re going to go into the final game against the Texans all charged up for one of Pagano’s “Keep fighting” speeches and beat the Texans and celebrate like they won the Super Bowl.

And we will drop 2 or 3 spots in the draft too lol

4 hours ago, austriancolt said:

Pagano will find a way to screw up our Top 3 pick. With some Luck it could be the 2nd pick which would be a great position to trade the pick.

Oh boy....

First...     Pagano is probably going to be fired.

Second...    even if he's not let go the pick will be made by Ballard, not Chuck...

Either way,  no worries...

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh boy....

Second...    even if he's not let go the pick will be made by Ballard, not Chuck...

chuck ruins everything

didnt you know? 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

lmao sounds just like us don’t know how to win but when we need to lose we find a way to win please spare me the excitement @Defjamz26

11 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Man. You talk about the worst time to have a Thursday game, this may be the worst in the history of TNF. 

For real.

You know ALL those guys got hurt playing today in some way. No way they'll be 100% for that game.

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

"Poor Luck" lmao Lets wait until he's officially retired before you write him off. My God I am tired of this Site at this point. Do people even think before they Post?? Odds are you are a Troll! Whoopy we are 3-10 and don't have our best player, wow that is shocking isn't it = no it isn't. Once Luck was announced being out for the year I said we would go 5-11. Why would anyone think otherwise is funny to me. Why anyone would think Luck's career is over is even more funny. 2018 cant get here quick enough.

Ok, I can wait until next September when he officially misses opening day. Hopefully the Colts will be sensible and draft one of the several qb’s available. Luckily we won’t be relying on your judgment. 

9 hours ago, krunk said:

If we couldn't win this Bill game its hard for me to see us win anything else. Offense is too pedestrian.

if pagano would have gotten them to the right hash mark, we probably beat the bills.  Now a home game and not wanting to suck will bring a mixed, unceremonious low roar from the crowd thursday and slightly enough mettle from the players to get the W.  i root for the Colts no matter what, but I just can't believe how big a swing it could be from losing out vs. winning out.  crazy that we could possibly draft in the middle "of the order".

2 hours ago, azcolt said:

Ok, I can wait until next September when he officially misses opening day. Hopefully the Colts will be sensible and draft one of the several qb’s available. Luckily we won’t be relying on your judgment. 

Luckily you don't run the team because to say Luck is done is ridiculous. So when he starts next September are you going to be here and admit you were wrong? Guy has a shoulder injury and has another off season to recover. Odds are he will, sorry if that disappoints you.

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh boy....

Pretty sure he meant that by winning a game or 2, Chuck would "screw up" our draft position...... not actually screw the picked player up....... or pick the wrong guy

12 hours ago, azcolt said:

Odds are Colts will also need a qb, too. Poor Luck. Getting stuck on a team with the worst oline and coaching staff in Colts history. He could have been the next Manning or Unitas but will instead be remembered as the next Bert Jones.

You may be right but nobody really knows the “odds” of Luck playing. He may be better than ever. 

The pick will tell us more about their confidence in his long term health. Personally, would love to see a trade where we get some additional high picks.

Man just imagine getting that second overall pick. Back in 2012 the Rams got three firsts and two seconds from the Skins to move up four spots. One of those picks ended up being the second overall pick in 2014. If we had second overall I’d hope we trade with a team like the Jets. I don’t think they’re going anywhere for a while so the future ones would probably be high. If Chuck can successfully navigate the tank, I will never say a bad word about him again. I know it’s blasphemous to root for your team to lose, but we really have nothing to gain from winning now. Not saying the guys should throw it or anything, they are professionals and that would do nothing for future confidence, but I will be doing backflips if we can use this season to set ourselves up for the next decade of crushing the rest of the AFC. 

6 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

if pagano would have gotten them to the right hash mark, we probably beat the bills.  Now a home game and not wanting to suck will bring a mixed, unceremonious low roar from the crowd thursday and slightly enough mettle from the players to get the W.  i root for the Colts no matter what, but I just can't believe how big a swing it could be from losing out vs. winning out.  crazy that we could possibly draft in the middle "of the order".

We should have won that game if not for that super late penalty call after we took the lead.   I don't see us beating Denver either.  Their defense is still good enough to keep Jacoby looking like a fool back there.   It will be similar to the Bills game, they will do just enough to eek out a win.   I just think this is one of the most terrible Colt offenses I have ever seen.  Not just a Colt offense, but offense period!   That's the achilles heel of this team for this year.

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Man just imagine getting that second overall pick. Back in 2012 the Rams got three firsts and two seconds from the Skins to move up four spots. One of those picks ended up being the second overall pick in 2014. If we had second overall I’d hope we trade with a team like the Jets. I don’t think they’re going anywhere for a while so the future ones would probably be high. If Chuck can successfully navigate the tank, I will never say a bad word about him again. I know it’s blasphemous to root for your team to lose, but we really have nothing to gain from winning now. Not saying the guys should throw it or anything, they are professionals and that would do nothing for future confidence, but I will be doing backflips if we can use this season to set ourselves up for the next decade of crushing the rest of the AFC. 

That's why I want the highest pick possible you can find some dumb team to trade their future for a QB and we prolly hardly have to move back very far lol we still more then likely get our guy haha

1 hour ago, The Peytonator said:

Having the number 2 overall pick would be great for trading back. I wouldn’t trade out of the top 10 though. Although I’m against it, I can understand why people want us to lose. Plus we know from the pasts 2 seasons how the Colts like to celebrate winning meaningless games.

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

not enough QB talent in this class to get a haul like that

we probably need to be in the top three to get a big trade, which would cool, it wont be for that much though 

They aren't winning another game this season. DEN will shut down this offense...as will BAL...even though they were terrible against PIT last night (because of course they were...it's the Steelers in primetime). The HOU game could be a win...but Tolzien might be starting that one after BAL and DEN.

10 hours ago, John Waylon said:

Man. You talk about the worst time to have a Thursday game, this may be the worst in the history of TNF. 

At least they will close the roof this time since Peyton Manning is not coming to town. :) 

Peyton comes here twice as a Bronco and loses, but Brock comes here and beats us as a Texan, and soon will Siemian, all the other Broncos QBs who were with Peyton. Oh, the irony!!! :) 

Yeah, this QB class looks more impressive at the top end. Darnold is the best QB prospect since Luck, for my money. I was not that big on RG3 or Cousins coming out and what they did in retrospect doesn't have much to do with contemporary draft hype and projections...

Darnold/Rosen is impressive enough. Haven't looked at the tape on the big kid from Wyoming (?) closely yet...seems to be more highly regarded than Tannehill though. Lamar Jackson is a horrible passer even at the collegiate level, but some nincompoop will take him in the top 10 when really he should be a 6th or 7th round pick at best...

5 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

Pretty sure he meant that by winning a game or 2, Chuck would "screw up" our draft position...... not actually screw the picked player up....... or pick the wrong guy

Ok...    I'll take your interpretation....   I'm not going to argue that point.    Until he's fired Pagano's job is to win games....

Appreciate you clarifying ...

15 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

LUCKY looked like a dang knucklehead running off the field the last game last year.
Kind of like he was mocking our mediocrity.
 What a treat to see a blizzard game.
 That great feeling of Victory for some. i was ready to hurl myself.
 Then a big Victory for us that care about our future.   BRAVO      :applause:

9 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

LUCKY looked like a dang knucklehead running off the field the last game last year.
Kind of like he was mocking our mediocrity.
 What a treat to see a blizzard game.
 That great feeling of Victory for some. i was ready to hurl myself.
 Then a big Victory for us that care about our future.   BRAVO      :applause:

What?

34 minutes ago, mikey287 said:

Yeah, this QB class looks more impressive at the top end. Darnold is the best QB prospect since Luck, for my money. I was not that big on RG3 or Cousins coming out and what they did in retrospect doesn't have much to do with contemporary draft hype and projections...

Darnold/Rosen is impressive enough. Haven't looked at the tape on the big kid from Wyoming (?) closely yet...seems to be more highly regarded than Tannehill though. Lamar Jackson is a horrible passer even at the collegiate level, but some nincompoop will take him in the top 10 when really he should be a 6th or 7th round pick at best...

I would say there will be more first rd qbs taken this year than that year....but I don't think the upside is there for any to be as highly touted as Luck...or turn out as good as Wilson or Cousins either. In my opinion there will be 4 qbs go off the board in the top 10 if they all come out. Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Allen. Heck I think even Jackson goes in the first rd. I look at CLE, NYG, DEN, ARI, NYJ, ARI, and BUF all looking at qbs...maybe even Cincy too. There are plenty of teams that might come a calling just for qbs alone....not to mention another position if someone highly values a prospect. Buffalo has two first rd picks this year....theirs and the Chiefs pick but they will likely be later first rd picks. I'd say they would have to come with quite a few extra picks to get up high enough for our pick but still we would have a lots of options...and a future first might not be a bad thing to have multiple next year. Time will tell but we should have plenty of options in the draft. Personally I'm hoping for some pass rush help but we could go any one of several ways. 

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

more than luck, rg3, RT, wilson and cousins?

gonna have to disagree with that.  

The only ones that mattered in the trade back was luck and RG3 there is more top of the 1st talent in this draft 

Cousins and Wilson were both taken way later