Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sean Payton Coaching Fart

rockywoj

So apparently Pagano is not the only coach that can so dearly cost their team.   Horrendous move by Payton leading to a game clinching penalty against him..

A lot of people worship Sean Payton, but I sure have seen him commit a LOT of bad coaching errors over the years.  Usually he gets lucky, despite his questionable moves, but this one, total undisciplined coaching error.  

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Dan Quinn's not taking the penalty was also a blunder. The Falcon's chance of stopping a 3rd and long was better than stopping a 4th and a half yard.

I totally agree. Lots of bad things can happen with a 3rd and long, including putting them out of FG range with a sack or a defensive turnover. Knowing Sean Payton, he should have known he would go for a 4th and short anyways. That would have increased the odds that it would go to OT instead of the Saints outright winning it.

That was a horrible game....blunders and bad qb play all around. It was like...who can choke the most....it just amazes me when I think there are a few teams capable of beating New England and Belicheck then they go and do stuff like this and I realize how far behind the Patriots the rest of the league truly is.

Thursday night games are generally bad...it's a shame, because if this was on Sunday at 1 pm (noon for yous?) it could have been a really good game...but considering they had played another game like 20 minutes before this one started, we got treated to a normal, non-entertaining game...which means I've seen exactly one entertaining game all season (NO vs Wsh). SAD!

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

I totally agree. Lots of bad things can happen with a 3rd and long, including putting them out of FG range with a sack or a defensive turnover. Knowing Sean Payton, he should have known he would go for a 4th and short anyways. That would have increased the odds that it would go to OT instead of the Saints outright winning it.

It would have been the latter if Deion Jones was not in the right place at the right time. But the Falcons did have time if they needed another FG drive. Knowing Drew Brees, the chances of New Orleans not making it on fourth and short is close to zero.

47 minutes ago, mikey287 said:

Thursday night games are generally bad...it's a shame, because if this was on Sunday at 1 pm (noon for yous?) it could have been a really good game...but considering they had played another game like 20 minutes before this one started, we got treated to a normal, non-entertaining game...which means I've seen exactly one entertaining game all season (NO vs Wsh). SAD!

It depends on your definition of "bad game." From an entertainment perspective, it was pretty interesting. It went down to the wiire with a clutch play. But losing Alvin Kamara on the first drive, then three more Saints players before Michael Thomas temporarily left with a eye problem, tainted it. But if any game is a comedy of errors, it was that one.

Quinn is actually one of the worst situational Coaches I have ever seen. In last season's SB his team blew a 28-3 lead by not running the ball. Last night he got bailed out by his Defense because he didn't accept the penalty on 3rd an inches. He isn't a Good HeadCoach IMO. The Falcons were able to put a Good a team around Matty Ice so any HeadCoach with an IQ of a billygoat could win 10 games with that team with Ryan. Like we could with Luck if Grigson had an IQ worth a billygoat!

My definition of bad game is sloppy, uninteresting play with players not playing at full capacity on teams not playing at full capacity. That game checked off all of the boxes. It came down to the end because neither team could get out of its own way to walk to an easy win. It took both teams giving the game away before one of them just took it by default. The mindset behind calling that game anything but bad is like when Big Ten boosters call the conference strong because of its mediocrity masquerading around as parity...[lipsticked_pig.jpg]