Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wait... Who?

ColtsBlitz

9 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Good to see this, really good considering it was against the Jags. I’m skeptical about PFF, but every player is on the same scale, so this definitely means something. 

Any O Line man that allows 0 hurries or sacks vs the Jags D line in ballin out . 

39 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

pff literally means nothing to me

It should.

It means something to the NFL and it means something to those who cover the NFL.

So it should mean something to you and others here. 

It's not perfect.    But it's pretty solid.    It will give you a decent idea of how players are performing.

41 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Good to see this, really good considering it was against the Jags. I’m skeptical about PFF, but every player is on the same scale, so this definitely means something. 

I wouldn't be skeptical... I think this is a good thing!  Depth, and more depth.  Which apparently is our biggest need going forward.

Good for Mike Person and thanks for sharing

23 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I wouldn't be skeptical... I think this is a good thing!  Depth, and more depth.  Which apparently is our biggest need going forward.

It would be nice if he could play another position. I can't recall if that has been said.

23 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

It takes a lot of pieces to make a championship team, including solid backups. One step at a time...

I’m thankful for ANY good news about the Colts.

I heard the other day Brissett has something like the 9th most time to throw in the NFL.  It could be the line isn’t as bad as we think it is and the real problem is our weapons don’t get open and our young QB holds the ball too long because he’s not sure what he’s seeing out there.  

I sm not saying the line is perfect, it’s not, I just think sometimes they get more blame than they should.

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I heard the other day Brissett has something like the 9th most time to throw in the NFL.  It could be the line isn’t as bad as we think it is and the real problem is our weapons don’t get open and our young QB holds the ball too long because he’s not sure what he’s seeing out there.  

I sm not saying the line is perfect, it’s not, I just think sometimes they get more blame than they should.

I'm wondering the same thing.  Both Luck and Brissett look good throwing to Doyle who always seems to be open, but if either QB is looking for Hilton or Moncrief, the ball is held too long .  But then again, Hasselbeck looked good throwing to everyone which leads me back to Luck and Brissett taking too long to decide. 

4 hours ago, LockeDown said:

I'm wondering the same thing.  Both Luck and Brissett look good throwing to Doyle who always seems to be open, but if either QB is looking for Hilton or Moncrief, the ball is held too long .  But then again, Hasselbeck looked good throwing to everyone which leads me back to Luck and Brissett taking too long to decide. 

doyle is usually open because defenses dont worry about covering him

other teams have admitted this, the most recent was marvin lewis after the bengals game.  

they know the key to beating the colts is stopping ty, doyle can have his 70 yards per game 

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

source?

9 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Interesting stat for sure. I wonder if there is a stat for,  'Most time given to a coach to figure out if he can coach'.   Pagano would be 1st.

4 hours ago, csmopar said:

source?

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing#yards 

Time to Throw (TT) is currently averaged at 2.83 seconds per play. Which on that list, ranks 7th. Last year we were 4th at 2.88 seconds per play. 

Unfortunately they are being asked to do the impossible, with Chud designing plays that take 3+ seconds to develop, WRs having issues getting separation, and Brissett holding onto the ball probably longer than he should. 

I still wouldnt mind grabbing some more talent for the OL for next yr, but I think a better scheme and a bigger, more physical target at WR will do wonders for the offense. 

On 12/7/2017 at 3:59 AM, LockeDown said:

I think a lot if the problem is Chuds play calling. They run too many long developing pass plays. By the time someone gets open 2-3 guys are in Jacobys face.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, NewColtsFan said:

It should.

It means something to the NFL and it means something to those who cover the NFL.

It's not perfect. But it's pretty solid. It will give you a decent idea of how players are performing.

PFF stated Jermey Parnell did not give up any sacks in his last 370 snaps. He gave up a snap last Sunday.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:27 PM, NewColtsFan said:

It should.

It's not perfect.    But it's pretty solid.    It will give you a decent idea of how players are performing.

nope

it doesn't give you that idea at all.  

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 3:59 AM, LockeDown said:

The thing that bringing up Hasselbeck is he got pounded out of commission too.