Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy - Buffalo Game

dw49

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, dw49 said:

Really .. we weren't leading the Jets and pulled the regulars in the 3rd quarter ? Please correct my bad memory ?

No. No. Total misread.  Lets start over.

That's a 'bad memory' for me. One of the worst ever as a Colts fan.

We voluntarily gave up immortality....a 16-0 season..which could have been 19-0.

I never felt so let down by my own team.

We almost certainly beat the Jets and Rex if Peyton and the starters stay in...but our 'brain trust' gave it away

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We voluntarily gave up immortality....a 16-0 season..which could have been 19-0.

We almost certainly beat the Jets and Rex if Peyton and the starters stay in...but our 'brain trust' gave it away

Ahhh... you have to be careful when you mention "bad memory " when talking to old (68) guys like me. But my bad for misreading your post .

On 12/8/2017 at 2:09 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Looks like less than an inch of snow in the forecast.

the last snow game i remember in Buffalo was the game we sat most of our top players. You remember, the year we decided to not go for the undefeated season. I seem to remember getting dallas clark some catches for stats tho.

I was going to say not to ever depend on a December forecast in that area. I lived in Syracuse and it was like Buffalo . Sometimes a matter of just a few miles can mean a blizzard instead of snow showers .

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Still hate it to this day. We are probably the only franchise in the world (let alone the USA) who would just willfully give up going for an undefeated season.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 8:02 AM, rockywoj said:

I am one of those on here that so advocates ...

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 325.

If he can still be had with trading down, then fine, but at the end of the day, I will stand by my belief that team building requires quality from the trenches and with that quality from the trenches all good will flow from there.  Give me an all-pro interior lineman and I would happily use the number one overall on him, given the assumption that we will have a healthy Luck ready to go for next year.

A great OL coupled with a half-way competent OC, with the Colts’ current skill position players, the Colts’ O could easily become top 10, perhaps even top 5.  My advocating Nelson is based on the assumption that he will indeed turn into the Pro Bowl quality player he is being touted as being.

I would love that pick get some O-lineman that can block.

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:19 PM, IinD said:

Supposed to be in the teens and snowing for the game.

Going to be an ugly boring game with a 10-7 type final score I'd guess.

You kind of have a crystal ball or something? you missed it by only 3 points. 

:applause:

On 12/6/2017 at 7:42 PM, dw49 said:

Funny that you mention bargaining with DirecTV. My daughter -in -law cried the blues about 4-5 years ago and got it reduced to like $75. I've tried twice. Both times it went something like this. " I've been a Sunday ticket buyer for like 20 years and I just can't afford the $300 (or whatever it is now) anymore. I guess you need to cancel me out." They then reply "I'm so sorry to hear your fiancees are tough right now. We'll cancel you as of now." Then I have to say 'ahh .. never mind , I'll somehow find the money."

I deal with Comcast/Direct TV frequently given my job, and this is a pretty common strategy of theirs. You don't threaten/state that you're going to cancel, as they'll simply 'cancel' you and call your bluff and keep you on the same package you're currently on. Instead state that you're deal shopping, and what sort of 'deals' they can offer you to get the prices you want. Know which deals the other TV providers have in your area as well. Im pretty often able to get the new customer promotional deals despite having been a customer with Comcast for the last 8 years

1 hour ago, TheMarine said:

I deal with Comcast/Direct TV frequently given my job, and this is a pretty common strategy of theirs. You don't threaten/state that you're going to cancel, as they'll simply 'cancel' you and call your bluff and keep you on the same package you're currently on. Instead state that you're deal shopping, and what sort of 'deals' they can offer you to get the prices you want. Know which deals the other TV providers have in your area as well. Im pretty often able to get the new customer promotional deals despite having been a customer with Comcast for the last 8 years

Thanks , I'll try that approach the next time. 

1 hour ago, TheMarine said:

I sing the blues too with drectv since 2004, but should have u call them to get new customer rates.