Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Indy - Buffalo Game

dw49

Still no Vegas odds out on Sunday's game. Taylor has a "knee" as Chuck would say and did not practice today. The Buffalo back-ups really are pitiful and easy to see why there's no line as of yet. Oh... and for the record , I watch the games hoping the young guys do well but still would rather see us lose. I just don't think finishing with 5 or 6 wins really carries anything of much "lasting " value into the 2018 season. I'd much rather be picking 3rd to 5th in the 7 rounds come April.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I am so glad I paid for Sunday Ticket this year... well actually I do like watching the Colts win or lose, but it is getting harder and harder to do.  Do we have enough people that are not on IR to finish the season? LOL

I miss watching the games but Sunday Ticket is way too expensive for me...especially after Irma!

10 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I miss watching the games but Sunday Ticket is way too expensive for me...especially after Irma!

Its a ripoff.  I was going to argue and bargain, which I know for a fact you can do and get substantial discount.  BUT, I got busy and before i knew it they had started charging me for it on a monthly basis so I just kept it.  

My wife Jen is a Browns fan and even though we are in Ohio we usually don't get their games so I suppose it was worth a few hundred dollars to watch .... uhh lets see two teams come up with a total of three wins to this point.  My god.... that is funny.

If you need help cleaning up or rebuilding anything I would be glad to come lend you a hand... I am serious.

Just now, BR-549 said:

Its a ripoff.  I was going to argue and bargain, which I know for a fact you can do and get substantial discount.  BUT, I got busy and before i knew it they had started charging me for it on a monthly basis so I just kept it.  

My wife Jen is a Browns fan and even though we are in Ohio we usually don't get their games so I suppose it was worth a few hundred dollars to watch .... uhh lets see two teams come up with a total of three wins to this point.  My god.... that is funny.

If you need help cleaning up or rebuilding anything I would be glad to come lend you a hand... I am serious.

I know and I will be in touch after my meeting tomorrow that I spoke to you about.:thmup:

Btw, has your phone rang from that fool that was going to lay the beat down????  Lol!!!!!!

26 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

I am so glad I paid for Sunday Ticket this year... well actually I do like watching the Colts win or lose, but it is getting harder and harder to do.  Do we have enough people that are not on IR to finish the season? LOL

My sympathy but I had MLB as well and some of my monthly bills were $223 only to watch my Cubs come up short. I would pay whatever it is for Sunday Ticket. I do switch to good games when to Colts are on. I don't object to watching them lose but when they embarrass themselves I hit grab the remote.

8 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I know and I will be in touch after my meeting tomorrow that I spoke to you about.:thmup:

Btw, has your phone rang from that fool that was going to lay the beat down????  Lol!!!!!!

No it hasn't, but..... some people grow balls overnight (usually after several drinks) so you never know, lol.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

My sympathy but I had MLB as well and some of my monthly bills were $223 only to watch my Cubs come up short. I would pay whatever it is for Sunday Ticket. I do switch to good games when to Colts are on. I don't object to watching them lose but when they embarrass themselves I hit grab the remote.

I don't like being a "fair weather fan", but I have to be honest.  When we are getting a butt whipping and it is nice outside I usually find something else to do.  Doesn't mean I won't bluetooth my phone and listen to 1070 so I can hear what is going on.

I am really looking forward to next year.  I just hope we make to the end of this year without putting anyone else on the IR list..... just a sad season all together unfortunately.

At least we have Chris Ballard, who still has to prove himself but I think he will.

1 minute ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Yeah, he baits me and I am told I wasn't baited and started it by bringing up his nonsense from the past....a coward dies a thousand deaths, a hero but one.

Nothing a little rum won't take care of though right? :lol::lol:

Like a mutual friend has said to us both... a tiger can't change its stripes

Just now, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Maybe if Indy took a top 5 pick and used it on a Guard, then used their 2nd through 5th picks on water boy, towel boy, cleat cleaner, and striper dude..........................SUPERBOWL!

:lol::lol::jump:lmaolmao

:billiejean:

:explode:

After the game last Saturday we might want to take a groundskeeper in the first round

1 minute ago, BR-549 said:

I know, I goofed up.  Was going to correct it, but I know that you know that I am aware we need a guard.... first

A Guard should be taken with the number one pick, according to some on here....probably can't even wipe their own butts.  I am sure I will get some type of censor for this but don't care.  I will put my football knowledge against any of them....

1 hour ago, BR-549 said:

Funny that you mention bargaining with DirecTV. My daughter -in -law cried the blues about 4-5 years ago and got it reduced to like $75. I've tried twice. Both times it went something like this. " I've been a Sunday ticket buyer for like 20 years and I just can't afford the $300 (or whatever it is now) anymore. I guess you need to cancel me out." They then reply "I'm so sorry to hear your fiancees are tough right now. We'll cancel you as of now." Then I have to say 'ahh .. never mind , I'll somehow find the money."

7 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I heard that some tickets were going as low as $4 for this game.  As for my prediction...the Bills pull out the win in the 4th quarter and the Colts continue to plummet their way towards a high draft pick and new coaching staff. 

Saw the same thing cant blame the locals who wants to sit in the snow and watch two sub par football teams play .

15 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

No we will make the which ever QB that plays for the bills this weekend look like the next great QB 31-10 Bills.

Good point.

I'm sure we'll break some terrible record like we have a knack for doing.

I predicted this as possibly the one win I saw on the schedule a few weeks back, but we've just lost to many guys at this point to predict any wins.

If that kid who threw 5 picks looks like Montana against us I wouldn't be shocked.

46 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I heard that some tickets were going as low as $4 for this game.  As for my prediction...the Bills pull out the win in the 4th quarter and the Colts continue to plummet their way towards a high draft pick and new coaching staff. 

Your post made me think back a lot of years when I went to a Colt -Bills game years ago . I remember it was colder than all heck in that miserable Rich Stadium and I also remember Mike Pagel was our QB. I had an extra ticket and tried to sell it. I think I had to just give it away .. pretty sure couldn't even get a buck or two. I remember watching Pagel warm up and he was throwing 15 yard passes that were going about 7 yards. 

Easy for me to look up Pagel's lifetime stats and figure out that the game was in 1982. We were beaten 20-0 and Pagel was 3-17 for 62 yards. Two Passes to RB's covered 49 yards and the other was a 13 harder to WR Matt Bouza. We rushed for another 36 yards. What a horrible trip that was.

I also see that Frank Kush coached that year.

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

You didn't pay 223 a month for the MLB network.    If you did you're a bigger than I thought

6 hours ago, IinD said:

Supposed to be in the teens and snowing for the game.

Going to be an ugly boring game with a 10-7 type final score I'd guess.

buffalo is playing for something, they will score more than that , but we will outscore them.  look for a huge game from TY.

1 hour ago, IinD said:

Good point.

I'm sure we'll break some terrible record like we have a knack for doing.

I predicted this as possibly the one win I saw on the schedule a few weeks back, but we've just lost to many guys at this point to predict any wins.

If that kid who threw 5 picks looks like Montana against us I wouldn't be shocked.

I wouldn't be surprised either this team is pathetic.

13 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

A Guard should be taken with the number one pick, according to some on here........

I am one of those on here that so advocates ...

Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame  
Height: 6-5. Weight: 325.

If he can still be had with trading down, then fine, but at the end of the day, I will stand by my belief that team building requires quality from the trenches and with that quality from the trenches all good will flow from there.  Give me an all-pro interior lineman and I would happily use the number one overall on him, given the assumption that we will have a healthy Luck ready to go for next year.

A great OL coupled with a half-way competent OC, with the Colts’ current skill position players, the Colts’ O could easily become top 10, perhaps even top 5.  My advocating Nelson is based on the assumption that he will indeed turn into the Pro Bowl quality player he is being touted as being.

20 hours ago, IinD said:

Supposed to be in the teens and snowing for the game.

Going to be an ugly boring game with a 10-7 type final score I'd guess.

This would be an ugly boring game under any weather conditions.