Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Saw a report Ron Meyer has passed away .

mahagga73

3 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I think Colts hall of famer Raymond Berry was coach.  The Pats pulled off a huge upset by beating the Dolphins in the playoffs  , denying us a rematch of the Bears only loss . Marino shredded that defense on MNF. 

You are correct sir! Berry was the Coach in 1985. Meyer did a Good job while in NE though, in 1982 he led them to the Playoffs.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

You are correct sir! Berry was the Coach in 1985. Meyer did a Good job while in NE though, in 1982 he led them to the Playoffs.

Yeah , he had a 36-35 record or so in Indy . Considering the team history in Indy  up to that point that was impressive.  Pagano record is getting less impressive with every loss now. 

2 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

Yeah , he had a 36-35 record or so in Indy . Considering the team history in Indy  up to that point that was impressive.  Pagano record is getting less impressive with every loss now. 

Like I posted the other day, I only think Dungy and Marchibroda were better than Meyer as far as Coaches here in Indy. I even thought Meyer was really just as good as Marchibroda but that 95 Season with March will always be one of my favorites. Meyer turned our whole organization around in 1987.

18 minutes ago, mahagga73 said:

I think Colts hall of famer Raymond Berry was coach.  The Pats pulled off a huge upset by beating the Dolphins in the playoffs  , denying us a rematch of the Bears only loss . Marino shredded that defense on MNF. 

Yep. 

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Like I posted the other day, I only think Dungy and Marchibroda were better than Meyer as far as Coaches here in Indy. I even thought Meyer was really just as good as Marchibroda but that 95 Season with March will always be one of my favorites. Meyer turned our whole organization around in 1987.

I loved old Ted.  Don't get me wrong from earlier posts in this thread, I liked Meyer too.  Ted was the man though in those days.  

My only issue with RM is he cheated and got caught.  At least he wasn't hiring hookers for the boys to get them to come to school, or otherwise, lol... oops (as far as we know lmao)

The 30/30 was on again last night.  I recorded it so I can watch it tonight... that was some team he had at SMU

On 12/7/2017 at 5:38 PM, mahagga73 said:

Chris Chandler was a pretty good young QB, there was no need to make that trade.  The Fredd Young trade might have been the dumbest in football history before that .  Jim ruined a good thing . Better owner than GM.  

Correct. We had a future playoff team, and traded it away to get Jeff George. Hinton, Rison, a first..... Then shopped Chandler. Not smart business decisions by Jim, and Fredd Young.... 

Irsay made some very bad moves as GM, but he was smart enough to recognize the Colts needed a GM. I am happy he decided not to go the Jerry Jones route. 

If I had to rank our Coaches just here in Indy since 1984, I would go:

1. Tony Dungy

2. Ted Marcibroda

3. Ron Meyer

4. Jim Caldwell - He took us to a SB but Peyton was the real HC and it was Dungy players. Without Peyton he went 2-14.

5. Chuck

-The rest were pretty much garbage, Jim Mora had the 1 Very Good season in 1999 but then lost the team. Coaches like Frank Kush, Rod Dowhower, and Rick Venturi were a complete joke, so was Infante! At least Infante went 3-13 in 1997 so that got us Peyton haha 

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If I had to rank our Coaches just here in Indy since 1984, I would go:

1. Tony Dungy

2. Ted Marcibroda

3. Ron Meyer

4. Jim Caldwell - He took us to a SB but Peyton was the real HC and it was Dungy players. Without Peyton he went 2-14.

5. Chuck

-The rest were pretty much garbage, Jim Mora had the 1 Very Good season in 1999 but then lost the team. Coaches like Frank Kush, Rod Dowhower, and Rick Venturi were a complete joke, so was Infante! At least Infante went 3-13 in 1997 so that got us Peyton haha 

Infante lead the Colts to the playoffs in 96. The Colts and Ted parted ways after the AFC title game .  Ted went back to Baltimore.  Mora left because Polian demanded he fire DC Vic Fangio after that horrible 02 season where they played no defense .