Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

John Simon (OLB) to IR

MTC

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest. 

Just now, shastamasta said:

So many guys going on IR. It's all just a ploy to give Chuck the ammo he needs to have Irsay/Ballard give him a pass for this disastrous season. Luck being out wasn't going to cut it, so Chuck is upping the ante...with Swoope, Desir and now Simon all being put on IR.

I fully expect to see Ryan Kelly join them next...and Tolzien to be starting games by Week 15 at the latest. 

Chuck is not on the medical team.

Besides, If Jimmy and Chris want to keep Pagano they would do it regardless of any player being on IR.

Why make stuff up?

17 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I mean....... Might as well try to get everyone healthy and ready to go by next season.

Oh, and Get new Turf in Lucus Oil Stadium. 

Simon was the best defensive player on the field for 4 or 5 games this season.

While I agree regarding the turf, wasn't Simon's injury his shoulder? Between him, Luck and Desir, maybe they should get new pads while they are at it.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

Chuck is not on the medical team.

Besides, If Jimmy and Chris want to keep Pagano they would do it regardless of any player being on IR.

Why make stuff up?

I figured italics was an acceptable font style for sarcasm on this site.

6 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

Maybe it's a ploy by Ballard/Irsay to give them the added ammunition they need to retain Chuck.  Losing your franchise QB is catastrophic enough.  Sending so many other players to IR is too much for any coach to overcome.   The fans will understand the unfortunate circumstances.  On second thought.

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Maybe it's a ploy by Ballard/Irsay to give them the added ammunition they need to retain Chuck.  Losing your franchise QB is catastrophic enough.  Sending so many other players to IR is too much for any coach to overcome.   The fans will understand the unfortunate circumstances.  On second thought.

Sonova...I didn't think of that.

What if they both have the same strategy? That's going to be really awkward meeting. They will both be convincing each other it's not Pagano's fault...and Pagano will think thy are patronizing him. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe we need to change the fields surface? We have had unreal amount of injuries over the last 3 years. Maybe we need to check into who is running our training programs and who our team doctors are, just saying because this has been bad for a while.

You happen to catch that big 10 championship at LOS? 

I couldn't believe how the turf just came up like that. That can't be good.

3 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i would like to see the colts IR lists for the last 5 years compared to the NFL average, we have been among the most devastated by injuries for some time now, whats alarming is it is not an anomaly, it is every season.

I'd also be interested in that as well.

We have been killed with injuries during the Pagano years.

44 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

The Colts are just getting killed with injuries. 

There has to be some sort of record, or PFF data lol, for number of players on IR during a single NFL season....and we have to own it.  If we don't maybe we will after this weeks game.

26 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

i would like to see the colts IR lists for the last 5 years compared to the NFL average, we have been among the most devastated by injuries for some time now, whats alarming is it is not an anomaly, it is every season.

Right, me too.  Sorry I just saw this after I posted, but my god can it get any freaking worse?

I saw Moncrief acting hurt during the game, I am sure he will miss this week.  Guy is always hurt.

Hope we are getting this out of our system this year and next will be a healthy roster and a whoop * attitude that results in winning games...

5 minutes ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

the turf at Lucas Oil I believe is considered to one of the worst in the league

I didn't know that.

I was there Saturday and had a pretty good view of it getting ripped up.  I have never seen that before.

Isn't there some sort of regulation about turf life and that it has to be replaced on a schedule?  Just asking

42 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'm convinced there's something wrong with the facilities in Indy.  The turf must be bad or something.  We are consistently among the most injured teams in the league

I was thinking that watching them repair the turf at the Big10 title game.