Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Who wanted Gruden as a HC again???

Surge89

I mean if you do, don't watch this previous Monday night broadcast lol....  He made up names, rules, and all sorts of mayhem in the booth tonight.  I'm not sure if he was even sober lol.  

Plus if I was Juju I'd sue him for defacement.  Can't just call something dirty and blast him in front of millions.  A block that is a shoulder to the chest hurts like hell but happens every special teams play.  I don't see those players being labeled dirty. (The taunting was just childish and penalty deserved)

3 hours ago, Surge89 said:

I mean if you do, don't watch this previous Monday night broadcast lol....  He made up names, rules, and all sorts of mayhem in the booth tonight.  I'm not sure if he was even sober lol.  

Plus if I was Juju I'd sue him for defacement.  Can't just call something dirty and blast him in front of millions.  A block that is a shoulder to the chest hurts like hell but happens every special teams play.  I don't see those players being labeled dirty. (The taunting was just childish and penalty deserved)

Ahhh....   uhhhh....    ehhhh....

Where to begin.....

There's no such word as defacement. I thought no you mean....   defamation?

The problems with that are many....

First, as a former coach Gruden is a recognized expert about football.   There's no universe where Jon Gruden is NOT an expert.

Also....   the refs threw the flag,  so it WAS a penalty.

Finally...   Juju had come out and apologized and says he wishes he did not unload on the Bengals player...    (Burfect)

So....   in other words....   Gruden did nothing wrong and said nothing wrong.    

Next.

4 hours ago, Surge89 said:

Swing and a miss.

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhh....   uhhhh....    ehhhh....

Where to begin.....

There's no such word as defacement. I thought no you mean....   defamation?

The problems with that are many....

First, as a former coach Gruden is a recognized expert about football.   There's no universe where Jon Gruden is NOT an expert.

Also....   the refs threw the flag,  so it WAS a penalty.

Finally...   Juju had come out and apologized and says he wishes he did not unload on the Bengals player...    (Burfect)

So....   in other words....   Gruden did nothing wrong and said nothing wrong.    

Next.

Lol.  Except defacement is a word.  Used plenty of times for web servers who tarnish site reputation. I'm in the networking space so it's the usual word I mess with on day to day.

Gruden "used" to be an expert on football yes.  But he was way out of his depth last night there is no denying and has been for a while.  There's only so many instances that you can "make up" rules and completely be erroneous in your broadcast until people start questioning your "expert knowledge".

Just because the refs threw a flag does not mean it was a penalty.  In fact the very commentators we are speaking of complained about the refs not knowing the rules in the exact same broadcast and had their "ref expert" agree with them.

Did you read the quote you are referencing? Juju said that he should not have taunted like that.  He nor Tomlin has ever mentioned the hit because it wasn't illegal.  His taunting was and frankly quite childish. 

So in other words you couldn't be more wrong on every front you mentioned.

Next? I guess I don't know what this meant.

• Nadine locked this topic