Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

American Football Conference

Chrisaaron1023

I know the Patriots were down to their third string TE, but in the past that was not a problem for Josh McDaniels. For a long time every TE was plug and play except Rob Gronkowski. I could not figure out which OL were replacements but I knew two starters did not travel to Miami. On defense, Jon Gruden kept talking about Trey Flowers bieng out, but I am not sure how significant the downgrade is without him. Who else was missing Monday night?

20 hours ago, -JJ- said:

ah that explains it because I was wondering why no huddle too.

Some of the talk show around here said there were receivers open and Brady uncharacteristic just wasn't seeing the field.

Their no huddle isn't a 2 minute drill or a hurry up per se. It's used when certain a defense is on the field and it's usually started with a run play (but one who can also catch)

Yep....some guys were open but most of the windows were tight and he just wasn't getting in rhythm. I thought he looked gun shy or hurt. I mean Tom is a tough SOB but something didn't look right with him. A lot of balls coming up short or into the ground. Plus they couldn't run the ball at all....lots of 3rd and 7s and longer instead of those nice 3rd and 2s they excel at. It was just a bad game....LBs looked terrible and the lines on both sides got manhandled. Still they were right there because Miami was settling for FGs. I expect a full 180 next week. I also expect them to run the ball more on Pittsburgh to control the clock themselves....but Gronk will cover a ton of deficiencies because Pittsburgh has no one to cover him with Shazier gone. NE is in Pittsburgh's head and until they exercise some demon's like the Colts did in 2006 I will pick Tom to beat them everytime.

19 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I know the Patriots were down to their third string TE, but in the past that was not a problem for Josh McDaniels. For a long time every TE was plug and play except Rob Gronkowski. I could not figure out which OL were replacements but I knew two starters did not travel to Miami. On defense, Jon Gruden kept talking about Trey Flowers bieng out, but I am not sure how significant the downgrade is without him. Who else was missing Monday night?

I would have to go back and try to look but I know Trey Flowers is a big part of that front 7 rotation...I think Branch was out for most of the game too which was huge because he is a really good player. Kyle Van Noy even though I don't think he is that great was also out and he has been the leader of that lb core when Hightower went down. Obviously on offense Gronk loss hurt a lot...but I can't remember their lineman that were out. I think it was 2 starters...Cannon and maybe their center....sorry I can't remember but it was significant in their performance. I also know Hogan was just returning from a 4 game hiatus and didn't really separate much. If you ask me Tom looks beat up too. He is still awesome but I think he is taking too many hits. He has been listed with Achilles soreness all season and I do think there is something physically ailing him. They are beat up...but I still think they beat Pittsburgh just because that defense is AWFUL...and with the poor lbs they have the RBs and Gronk will kill them.

If Kyle Van Noy could not keep a job in Cleveland, the dropoff should not have been that severe. He played for a while before his injury became too painful. The loss of Alan Branch was huge, especially happening in the first quarter.

That's right, Jon Gruden did say one of the injured Patriots is a center.

I think there are some teams that could take the Patriots, but not any teams that will face the Patriots if that makes any sense. In other words, not a team with a rookie quarterback so there goes the Rams (I know I know he's not a rookie but he's a rookie to basically everything that has happened this year), a curse like the Vikings and Saints (if they didn't cheat to win 1 SB they would still be considered the 2nd biggest all time chokers behind the Vikings) or a recent crash back to Earth like the Seahawks. There's most of the playoff teams right there lol! But they play the game for a reason. We'll see.

2 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

I think there are some teams that could take the Patriots, but not any teams that will face the Patriots if that makes any sense. In other words, not a team with a rookie quarterback so there goes the Rams (I know I know he's not a rookie but he's a rookie to basically everything that has happened this year), a curse like the Vikings and Saints (if they didn't cheat to win 1 SB they would still be considered the 2nd biggest all time chokers behind the Vikings) or a recent crash back to Earth like the Seahawks. There's most of the playoff teams right there lol! But they play the game for a reason. We'll see.

Are you saying New Orelans cheated to win a Super Bowl? Nobody ever said such a thing. Only the Patriots did it.

And Jared Goff is not in any way like a rookie. He struggled as a rookie because his coaches were terrible.

Playoff chokers is a topic worthy of its own thread.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Are you saying New Orelans cheated to win a Super Bowl? Nobody ever said such a thing. Only the Patriots did it.

And Jared Goff is not in any way like a rookie. He struggled as a rookie because his coaches were terrible.

Playoff chokers is a topic worthy of its own thread.

You're not amfootball remember...

1 hour ago, BloodyChamp said:

Like you don't know since it's you

It's not. I'm serious. I honestly have no idea what anyone is talking about. Does amfootball still have an account?

Update: I searched amfootball. She's a Senior Member with over 1,700 posts who joined in 2013 and a Patriots fan. I am even more confused now.

3 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I will stop posting if people can't drop it and accept me as a different person. Goodbye.

Don't let folks stop you from posting here. Just use the "report" feature to flag his posts.

6 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

She's a Senior Member with over 1,700 posts

You must have left out a zero. She had closer to 20,000 posts. 

She exhibited certain tendencies that you have not shown. 

On 12/15/2017 at 9:56 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

Come on guys...on top of some other suspect comments (that people other than me have called), on top of am's history of posing as fans of other teams.