Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronkowski

chad72

3 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

I can't stand the Pats, but I don't mind Gronk for some reason.  Possibly because he is too dumb to be smug like all the other Pats fans and players.  That being said, the dude was grabbing him the whole way, tripped him up and then intercepted the ball.  I probably would have done the same thing if I were Gronk.  

Really, you would go elbow first close to the neck area of a player on the ground with all your weight upon him, knowing he is at least 50 lbs lighter? I'd rather chew out the refs and take a 15 yarder to make my point. He could have ended that guy's career right there. 

Its the refs that let him get away with it, he did what any defender would do, from Ty Law to Aqib Talib etc., grab if he can and get away with it if he can. The same thing with Randy Moss and Gronk, they will get away with PI if they can as well. 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Really, you would go elbow first close to the neck area of a player on the ground with all your weight upon him, knowing he is at least 50 lbs lighter? I'd rather chew out the refs and take a 15 yarder to make my point. He could have ended that guy's career right there. 

Its the refs that let him get away with it, he did what any defender would do, from Ty Law to Aqib Talib etc., grab if he can and get away with it if he can. The same thing with Randy Moss and Gronk, they will get away with PI if they can as well. 

I didn't say it was the right thing.  I said I would be frustrated enough to do the same thing.  He deserves the suspension.  However, it didn't look as bad as everyone is making it out to be.  Every game has a hit much worse than that. Much worse. Remember, I can't stand the Pats...just being honest. 

On 12/13/2017 at 9:43 PM, LockeDown said:

I didn't say it was the right thing.  I said I would be frustrated enough to do the same thing.  He deserves the suspension.  However, it didn't look as bad as everyone is making it out to be.  Every game has a hit much worse than that. Much worse. Remember, I can't stand the Pats...just being honest. 

It isn't even as much about the brutality or lack thereof of the hit itself...it's about the intent that was behind it stemming from the loss of control simply because of frustration. That's unacceptable. It's a violent enough game with the constant potential of injury without him having to legitimately go out of his way to get another lick in.

Look, do I understand his frustration? Absolutely. But he hurt the player on a non football play and he hurt his own team as a result. He served his suspension, we'll all move on, but I don't want to see it again and I'd be ripped if someone did it to someone on my team.

15 hours ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

1qm3mq.jpg

I hope you have a job where you don't interact with other people, or at least only interact with other people over the phone/internet and not face-to-face (you know, just in case you get frustrated)...

I'm a WWE referee.  

On 12/13/2017 at 9:43 PM, LockeDown said:

Really every game has worse hits then blatantly launching yourself at the back of someones head/ spine with your forearm? He should be suspended at least the regular season that might be the dirtiest thing I have seen on a football field. He doesn't have the excuse of they're both going full speed and it's just a reaction, he walked over to him as he down and then dives into him that's just trying to injure someone.    

14 hours ago, ty4atd said:

Really every game has worse hits then blatantly launching yourself at the back of someones head/ spine with your forearm? He should be suspended at least the regular season that might be the dirtiest thing I have seen on a football field. He doesn't have the excuse of they're both going full speed and it's just a reaction, he walked over to him as he down and then dives into him that's just trying to injure someone.    

Agree to disagree