Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts should have drafted T.J. Watt 1st round!

jshipp23

18 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I tried and tried to tell you guys, proof is in the pudding now...He would've come in handy this year, just saying...If you know of me on here you know I was big on this cat..

No.   You didn't try to tell us to draft Watt.

You told us to draft the RB from Florida State who went to Minnesota in the 2nd round.

You can't even keep your own story straight........

22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You told us to draft the RB from Florida State who went to Minnesota in the 2nd round.

^Drops mike

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I tried and tried to tell you guys, proof is in the pudding now...He would've come in handy this year, just saying...If you know of me on here you know I was big on this cat..

No one uses one season to determine if one drafted player is a better pick over another. Besides, hindsight is not used before a player is selected.

2 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

If had a nickel for every guy you were over-the-top high on, I'd have a boat load of nickels.  

If I had a nickel for very guy you were over-the-top high on who ended up being average at best, I'd still have tidy supply of nickels.

Congrats - you got it right that Watt would be a player.  But not at 15 should he have been selected.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yes, Thank you.  Great memory and you are exactly right.

He also went on and on about King, the db from Iowa who was supposed to be the next great corner if I recall correctly.

1 minute ago, jskinnz said:

If had a nickel for every guy you were over-the-top high on, I'd have a boat load of nickels.  

If I had a nickel for very guy you were over-the-top high on who ended up being average at best, I'd still have tidy supply of nickels.

Congrats - you got it right that Watt would be a player.  But not at 15 should he have been selected.

I have a few coin wrappers if you need them. :D

3 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

I was okay with taking TJ at 15. There was a lot of talent on the board when we picked. Hooker was the BPA on the board though. 

2 hours ago, jskinnz said:

Yes, Thank you.  Great memory and you are exactly right.

He also went on and on about King, the db from Iowa who was supposed to be the next great corner if I recall correctly.

Dalvin Cook.      That was the name I brain-cramped on.    All I could remember is that he didn't get drafted in the 1stR, but Minnesota took him in the 2nd.

Like you said.....    if we only had a nickel for every time he brought his name up......

While I'm avoiding anything about TJ Watt, the unconditional love bestowed on Malik Hooker since draft day has totally baffled me.  For reportedly being a player who graded higher than where he was drafted, his college resume lacks elite coverage skills for a safety, elite tackling skills, and elite durability.  If all you want in a FS is the ability to see where the QB is going to throw the ball then be able to intercept it because its in the air a long time, then we could put Darius Butler back there for two more years.  Try being a centerfielding ball hawk against the Brady/Edleman type of  offense...IOW, the offenses that are actually successful in the NFL these days.

The love must be an Ohio State Big Ten thing, or something about Hooker himself that escapes me.

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

And I think he's STILL leading rookies in interceptions.

scratch that..Hooker is just outside the top 10 in the league in interceptions STILL (and has missed almost half the season.........http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=INTERCEPTIONS&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG

14 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually I do remember Shipp talking about TJ Watt.   More than once

2 hours ago, PeterBowman said:

scratch that..Hooker is just outside the top 10 in the league in interceptions STILL (and has missed almost half the season.........http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=INTERCEPTIONS&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG

Still the INT leader for rookies too. Tied with Tre'Davious White (BUF) and Justin Evans (TB) 

hooker worries me with his injuries and tackling.  his int in the Seattle game was pretty great.  the other two were on bad throws, one a hail mary.  

i have taken some heat for this on here, but in hindsight i would probably go with somebody else :peek:

1 hour ago, krunk said:

Actually I do remember Shipp talking about TJ Watt.   More than once

I'm sure he did.    He posted for lots and lots of players.    But the idea that he didn't push for other players is pure J Shipp nonsense.

His favorite was the RB from Florida State.   And when Cook had a great pre-season, there was J Shipp posting that we should've taken Cook in the first over Hooker who wasn't playing at the time.

He can't have it both ways.   And he listed more than just Cook and Watt...

I predicted the Colts would take a RB in the Fourth round, BUT I listed NINE possible backs.   Mack was one of them.  When we took him I didn't say that I "told you", because guessing nine names makes the guess much easier.

Make enough guesses and you're bound to be right eventually.    It's like carpet bombing,  drop enough bombs and you increase the odds of hitting your target.

Sorry for the long rant...   I just wanted to cover all the JS issues.   Good guy...  fun poster...   but every once in a while you just gotta say....    come on...