Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Giants Fire Ben McAdoo

Chrisaaron1023

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Hell yes!!!!

It hasn't happened yet but it will. I was hoping today because it's been a big distraction for the team knowing it will happen. + Once he's gone, us the fans can focus on the Draft and Andrew's health more. I just hope we hire a Coach with a solid resume when Chuck does get his walking papers.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It hasn't happened yet but it will. I was hoping today because it's been a big distraction for the team knowing it will happen. + Once he's gone, us the fans can focus on the Draft and Andrew's health more. I just hope we hire a Coach with a solid resume when Chuck does get his walking papers.

Me too it will be fun to see who we get 

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Wouldn't bother now lol but of we had an interim coach they may pull off a few wins and that's not good at this point lol 

Yeah it doesn't matter but by firing him now that distraction would be gone and it would be official. I still don't see us winning more than 1 or 2 games anyway at this point. We may beat Houston and Denver and finish 5-11 at best.

18 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

I know right? 

And to make matters worse, I think the Giants could have won that game with Eli under center. 

Which is exactly why he wasn't under center. They don't want to win....at least its obvious they don't care about winning...its about getting a high draft pick and getting his successor. There is absolutely no reason to evaluate Geno Smith...he has tons of tape with the Jets....he barely quality backup...and not a starter in this league....no amount of playing with the Giants is going to change that. If they started Webb then I can see they are evaluating young talent....but Geno...that's just a ruse.

I can't believe how the ESPN folks are still crying over Eli being benched. The one * (Max I think) said that they should have stayed with Eli because they know what they have in Geno already. * can't admit they know what they have in Eli even more. Geno played better than Eli did in most of his games.

52 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Which is exactly why he wasn't under center. They don't want to win....at least its obvious they don't care about winning...its about getting a high draft pick and getting his successor. There is absolutely no reason to evaluate Geno Smith...he has tons of tape with the Jets....he barely quality backup...and not a starter in this league....no amount of playing with the Giants is going to change that. If they started Webb then I can see they are evaluating young talent....but Geno...that's just a ruse.

At least having Geno play lets the Giants gain some info as to whether Geno is worth having as the backup QB next year. I agree he is not starting QB material, but he could be a serviceable backup.

5 minutes ago, Myles said:

At least having Geno play lets the Giants gain some info as to whether Geno is worth having as the backup QB next year. I agree he is not starting QB material, but he could be a serviceable backup.

Yeah.....I guess...to me that seems like a ruse....its pretty clear from their statements that they are not moving forward with Eli next year (even though they back tracked on that some) and Geno is what Geno is...there is plenty of tape on the guy...really what they are doing is tanking in the disguise of evaluating young talent. They want to ensure they keep as high a pick as possible in the draft...and are one step closer to the #2 pick. As things go I think the Giants are pretty much assuring themselves they get 1 of the 2 big name qbs that are in the coming draft.

6 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yeah.....I guess...to me that seems like a ruse....its pretty clear from their statements that they are not moving forward with Eli next year (even though they back tracked on that some) and Geno is what Geno is...there is plenty of tape on the guy...really what they are doing is tanking in the disguise of evaluating young talent. They want to ensure they keep as high a pick as possible in the draft...and are one step closer to the #2 pick. As things go I think the Giants are pretty much assuring themselves they get 1 of the 2 big name qbs that are in the coming draft.

But wouldn't putting the 2-9 QB out there be the best for tanking?   Or the 3rd string Webb?   I don't think they are tanking.   I think they know that the season is over and it is valuable to use the playing time on lesser knowns than Eli.   Geno played pretty well yesterday.   Really the only tape they had on him was his rookie season and part of the next with THE JETS.  I think he could be a pretty decent backup.   Better than Tolzien for sure.

The smart move for a 2-9 Giants team was to start Geno for 2 games while Webb took more snaps in practice and let him start the last 3 games. Then they can have some knowledge going into the offseason. Playing Eli gives you nothing.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

But wouldn't putting the 2-9 QB out there be the best for tanking?   Or the 3rd string Webb?   I don't think they are tanking.   I think they know that the season is over and it is valuable to use the playing time on lesser knowns than Eli.   Geno played pretty well yesterday.   Really the only tape they had on him was his rookie season and part of the next with THE JETS.  I think he could be a pretty decent backup.   Better than Tolzien for sure.

The smart move for a 2-9 Giants team was to start Geno for 2 games while Webb took more snaps in practice and let him start the last 3 games. Then they can have some knowledge going into the offseason. Playing Eli gives you nothing.

Only if your moving on from Eli...it is a slap in the face to a franchise qb that gives you the best chance to win on sundays. The Giants issues are well and above the qb position. Once they decided they were giving up on Eli than clearly they gave up on the season. The players know they gave up on the season. Eli gave them the best chance to win and that is unquestioned. They don't want to win...and they don't need to evaluate the two qbs. Webb is barely a 3rd stringer that can easily be evaluated in the offseason and in pre-season games. Geno needs no evalutation...he is a known commodity. They don't need to evaluate the qb position that much is clear...they are tanking...and its obvious.

You looked your franchise QB in the face, and I know he's not anything special right now - or maybe ever - but you looked him in the face and said, "Eli, this ship is sinking...I know you've played every game for us since like 1920, but we're gonna go with..."

and then instead of saying a remotely defensible position of [insert potential future starter here] like someone on the Garoppollo level, where you have 4, 5, 6 games to figure it out and see if you need to go into the draft and find someone or if there's some upside in what you've got...no, instead, they said an entirely indefensible position of "Geno Smith" - a never-was who should not be in the league and was a bust from the word "go". It's a horrific decision...I'm so glad that poetic justice was served so quickly and it took down the goon that agreed to it.

It's one thing to have a bad idea...everyone has bad ideas. It's entirely another sit around a table and have other people agree with starting Geno * Smith over Eli Manning...that's a joke.

If Ben McAdoo coached a KFC, he would bench chicken...

"uh yeah, we're gonna start...corn. People want corn, we're gonna invest our time developing corn...we won't even have to change the acronym of our franchise."

The dude is an absolute muppet and I'm glad he's gone just out of respect to Eli...

Good move by them, they know the season is obviously over. 

Wish we'd do the same honestly. Only 2 home games left, not like Jim will lose much money at this point. I'd fire Chuck and tell the interim guy to give young guys extended play time.

It really doesn't matter anymore. Season is in the final 25% phase.

3 minutes ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

LOL Eli is back to starting

I give them credit. Guy was 11-5 last year and they saw this crap all year and pulled the plug quick.

Chuck going 8-8 twice should have been enough to get him bounced. 

4 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

So where does Eli go to get his streak back???  Ruinous, desperate decision by a coach on his way out the door.  Utterly unfair to Eli though he handled it with class.  

You said exactly what I was coming here to say.  

It was handled poorly, and yes, very unfair.  And yes, Eli did handle himself with pure class.

Good riddance!

McAdoo lost me on that Monday Night game this year against the Lions. The Lions I think had a 7 point lead and had a 4th down in FG range with 1:30 left before halftime. They were kicking like a 55 yard FG and the Giants had all three of their timeouts. The Giants could've called a timeout to save that 1:30 for when they get the ball back. Instead the Giants let the Lions run the clock all the way down to 30 seconds and the kick just gets over the crossbar (might've bounced off and over if I remember). The Giants get the ball back with 30 seconds and all 3 TOs, and don't even make any kind of effort to move the ball for halftime. They ran the ball once and called it a half, and were promptly booed off their field.

If he makes the kick and you call a TO, you have 1:30 and 2 TOs to score and at least get that field goal back or even a TD. If the Lions missed that FG the Giants would've had great field position (being near midfield) and 1:30 and two TOs to either get a TD to tie or a FG to bring it within four.

The Giants were down 14 in the fourth quarter and had the ball later that game, they were still in it. But the playcalling was hideous and the Giants looked like they were in absolutely no rush to get down the field in score. They'd run for a loss on 1st down, run for no gain on 2nd and 11, and then throw a 5 yard pass on 3rd down. It was bad.

Yes, I'm not a Giants fan (but am an Eli fan) but that game just sticks out to me as an example of terrible coaching.