Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Worried about Carson Wentz?

oldunclemark

Just now, Jules said:

True.......have to say Luck has shown more longer then these other dudes have. 

I feel sorry for Wentz too since he does seem like a good guy. Such a shame. Carr I am kinda just bored with now, *yawn*.

Carr is so overrated its ridiculous. I do feel bad for Wentz but I am just mocking the media with my Posts above.

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Good question, Mike....Can he miss 3 games and be MVP?

Probably not

It's up for grabs now...I'm not sure there's a candidate...but NFL and NHL for that matter, have made it a point to "penalize" players that miss a quarter of a season Tom Brady (2016, Matt Ryan) / Jaromir Jagr (2000, Chris Pronger). 3 games, though you could argue, they might not have needed the last one if things break their way standings wise...could be a factor...he will just need the benefit of the doubt, as he was the clear choice through 14 weeks...

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Good question, Mike....Can he miss 3 games and be MVP?

Probably not

I hope he wins it. I was rooting for the kid. He is a great kid, great leader, and was having a fantastic year. This sucks for him and Eagles fans. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's injury prone, I say Philly should trade him like we should trade Luck, YUCK YUCK YUCK. Damage goods now. :sarcasm: Luck had 3 Very Good years to Great years and the media rips on him for being injured. Carr has 1 Very Good year = last year and same for Wentz = this year - Goodnight Irene on both. Chiefs just put Carr out of his misery too.

Considering this is Wentz's first major injury I wouldn't write him off being injury prone.

Now if this is a recurring thing I would see it.

Luck missed most of 2015 and all of 2017. I get why people would put the injury prone label on him even though its football and most players get hurt at some point.

4 hours ago, Jules said:

Chargers could give the Pats a tough game if they get in. Rivers is our best hope. 

Yeah no  outside of Flacco and the Manning brothers nobody has really beaten the Pats in the postseason in the last decade.

27 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

My least favorite team = NE

My second least favorite team = Eagles.

That said, I hope Carson is ok, long term.

I’d love to see Rogers come back and the Pack win it all.

Genuine question.....

What is it you don't like about the Eagles?  Not being from the States they strike me as an underdog type team you might want to win rather than the same old teams?  I know the fanbase has a bad rep but wondered if more to it.

13 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Genuine question.....

What is it you don't like about the Eagles?  Not being from the States they strike me as an underdog type team you might want to win rather than the same old teams?  I know the fanbase has a bad rep but wondered if more to it.

Trent Cole

Hank Baskett

Todd Herrimans

But the biggest reason for me is living near Philadelphia. Some Eagles fans (as with all teams), are pretty obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, Valpo2004 said:

News is saying Rogers might play next week.  Considering I put Rodgers in my reserve slot and Wentz was my backup who became my starter after Rodgers broke his collarbone.  It would be extremely positive for me if Rodgers was ready next week. 

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. 

10 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I hope he wins it. I was rooting for the kid. He is a great kid, great leader, and was having a fantastic year. This sucks for him and Eagles fans. 

But not for your Vikings! I am kinda disappointed....I thought they may actually have a team that could beat NE....get a little revenge for that SB they lost like almost a decade and half ago. I really like their team...hope Carson is ok.

10 hours ago, CF4L said:

Yeah no  outside of Flacco and the Manning brothers nobody has really beaten the Pats in the postseason in the last decade.

Yep....teams really need to force NE to play on the road in the playoffs to have a real chance....and even better make them play 3 conference games...My perfect scenario would be to play Chargers in wild card game, Jacksonville in divisional, and Pittsburgh in championship or in some order like that. Won't happen but if they get a bye and then get to play at home....they aren't losing.

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

But not for your Vikings! I am kinda disappointed....I thought they may actually have a team that could beat NE....get a little revenge for that SB they lost like almost a decade and half ago. I really like their team...hope Carson is ok.

As I was writing that post, I wondered if anyone would write that it works out well for the Vikes...  I never like to see anyone getting hurt, but I seriously like Wentz. (He did grow up a Vikings fan, as did Larry Fitzgerald :).) He is a great person, a good leader. I love his competitiveness. And he is always happy, smiling...until yesterday, when he was walking to the locker room. That look on his face said it all. I hope he will be okay. 

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, chad72 said:

Foles won't be able to extend plays but he should help if their OL holds up, IMO.

He is far from a terrible back up. They will definitely lean on that running game with their loaded backfield. I think Foles keeps them out of turnovers and can move the sticks...but I don't see the big plays that Wentz could make and I think they will struggle in the redzone too. They get a nice game to bring him back (Giants) so maybe he gains some confidence. If they keep things simple and keep the pocket clean he should be ok.....remember that year he was like 26tds to 2 ints. I think they will win a bye and the #2 seed...but I wouldn't trust Foles on the road in a playoff environment against a rabid defense like say Minnesota. The NFC is deeper with good teams imo....the AFC is just very top heavy with the Patriots.....although my perfect scenario would be Pats being a 3 seed and have to play the Chargers in the Wild Card and then Jacksonville in Divisional and Pittsburgh in Championship game...if they do that and then beat the NFC champ....then Tom and Bill should get elected into the Hall of Fame today and get to play out the rest of their career as active members.