Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC West (thru 12 games)

oldunclemark

Technically, I believe we are in 2nd place as we have the win over the Raiders.  

We control our own destiny.  If we win out we win the division.  Raiders have the toughest remaining schedule (ranked #8), then the Chiefs (#26) and Chargers (#28)

NOBODY thought we would be in the hunt after going 0-4.  No style points for the win today but the D closed the game out.  

I didn't see KCs game and hubby forgot to record it.  I know they lost but how did they look?

15 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

We control our own destiny.  If we win out we win the division.  Raiders have the toughest remaining schedule (ranked #8), then the Chiefs (#26) and Chargers (#28)

NOBODY thought we would be in the hunt after going 0-4.  No style points for the win today but the D closed the game out.  

I didn't see KCs game and hubby forgot to record it.  I know they lost but how did they look?

Did you really want to be technical??? Technically, 'we' arent San Diego (although I still call 'em that)

I'm kidding.

KC re-found their offense today but they couldn't stop the Jets.

Defensively they seem almost helpless. The loss of their safety early in the year has really come back to blow up their secondary.

Oakland vs. KC next week.....The Chargers 'takeover' can be complete!

I don't want the Chiefs anymore, they have become pathetic. I don't want Oakland either, they serve no real use this year after how I saw the Patriots dispose of them easily in Mexico. I am getting bored with Carr too and Lynch annoys me.

Chargers shockingly played a tougher game in Foxboro but made many stupid mistakes they could clean up. And they humiliated the Cowboys on Thanksgiving. They can serve some uses here and give a small element of hope to cling to.

I respect Rivers too.

Go Chargers!

Rivers gives them a chance in every game....

So many teams have questionbacks...the Chargers must be so confident in the knowledge that they have a quarterback....with whom there is no doubt....

..and their defensive ends just rip teams with no tackles

Edited by oldunclemark

The Chargers' just have to concentrate on not making mistakes and giving the opposing team an advantage. They have a solid QB in Rivers and a good defense. Also Rivers and Keenan Allen have a connection, and TE Hunter Henry is getting in on the action Melvin Gordon can always be a weapon. As long as they stay healthy, they could go far. 

Despite Jacksonville's home win against the Chargers no Jaguars fans want to meet them again in the playoffs. That's because they almost won in Jacksonville and it was the first time ever we beat Phillip Rivers. The Jaguars are doomed if they go to California because they always lose west of the Rockies. So the last AFCW team I want to see in January, especially as a division title winner, is the Chargers. They don't deserve a playoff berth anyway because of their move to Los Angeles.

That's a new one Jaguarswoman - "They don't deserve a playoff berth anyway because of their move to Los Angeles."  LOL!  

That game was infuriating.  So many mistakes.  So many dumb choices.  But you guys hung in there and didn't quit and when you had the chance to take the game, you DIDN'T make mistakes.

I would imagine our guys would be totally hyped up to face y'all again ;-)

1 minute ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

That's a new one Jaguarswoman - "They don't deserve a playoff berth anyway because of their move to Los Angeles."  LOL!  

That game was infuriating.  So many mistakes.  So many dumb choices.  But you guys hung in there and didn't quit and when you had the chance to take the game, you DIDN'T make mistakes.

Go Chargers! I would love to see them win the West because nobody predicted it. Rivers is streaky :thmup:

16 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I don't want to veer off topic, but that comment refers to angry Chargers fans saying Dean Spanos doesn't deserve to own a football team.

Both teams made a lot of mistakes. Multiple turnovers by both quarterbacks, dumb penalties after reaching the 5 yard line . . . I can't even remember all of them. Your guys will definitely be hyped up if there is a rematch.

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 7:19 PM, Girlzarefanstoo said:

I watched some between sunday ticket etc because I live in Western Kentucky....2 hours from Nashville and like 5 from Indy but we get KC on tv.....I mean come on...that's the pitiful team we get....even the Colts/Titans game last week wasn't on the air because of KC. I've never seen a KC fan here EVER!! Some Pittsburgh some Dallas...mostly Titans and Colts fans.

Anyways, KC offense did come alive especially early the other day. Surprising since the Jets have been pretty stingy. The defense is toast. They can't stop the run.....I mean awful run defense. The secondary is banged up too....I mean they signed Revis if that tells you anything. They have benefited from playing with a lead early in the year but now they can't run the ball (no lanes) and they can't stop the run.....death nail for any post season aspirations. I think they are talented enough to split going down the stretch...first team to 9-7 makes the playoffs imo. Hope its you guys. I'd like to see Rivers get a SB!

The bad defense just got worse for a big game against the Raiders. Andy Reid suspended Marcus Peters for going to the locker room on the assumptionn he was being ejected for throwing a penalty flag. It does not help that Oakland is getting Michael Crabtree back from his own suspension and probably Amari Cooper as well. Raiders win without weird finishes.

On 12/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, teganslaw said:

The Chargers' just have to concentrate on not making mistakes and giving the opposing team an advantage. They have a solid QB in Rivers and a good defense. Also Rivers and Keenan Allen have a connection, and TE Hunter Henry is getting in on the action Melvin Gordon can always be a weapon. As long as they stay healthy, they could go far. 

To beat a team like the Patriots, the Chargers need to be willing to go to their 2nd and 3rd WRs more because you know Belichick is going to take Keenan Allen out. 

On 12/6/2017 at 7:42 AM, JaguarsWoman said:

I don't want to veer off topic, but that comment refers to angry Chargers fans saying Dean Spanos doesn't deserve to own a football team.

Both teams made a lot of mistakes. Multiple turnovers by both quarterbacks, dumb penalties after reaching the 5 yard line . . . I can't even remember all of them. Your guys will definitely be hyped up if there is a rematch.

Gotcha - I don't live in SD and haven't since 2004 so I don't keep up on the bitter fan scene.  Frankly, after like 15 years waiting for the city to come to the table I can't say that I blame the Chargers organization.  I don't know of any other team that made a move that still allowed their prior city to be able to attend the games due to the short distance.  If I lived in SD I would make the trip a couple times a year.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:23 PM, chad72 said:

To beat a team like the Patriots, the Chargers need to be willing to go to their 2nd and 3rd WRs more because you know Belichick is going to take Keenan Allen out. 

ABSOLUTELY.  Mike Williams needs to get into the game the last 4 weeks.  Even though he's been injured, he's been quite a disappointment to this point.  Hunter Henry is growing into a larger role.  The pass drops of the rest of the passing corp must stop.  Austin Ekeler is growing by leaps and bounds into the Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead role for us.  

I only hate Belichick because he's so dang good at blowing us up ;-)

17 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Gotcha - I don't live in SD and haven't since 2004 so I don't keep up on the bitter fan scene.  Frankly, after like 15 years waiting for the city to come to the table I can't say that I blame the Chargers organization.  I don't know of any other team that made a move that still allowed their prior city to be able to attend the games due to the short distance.  If I lived in SD I would make the trip a couple times a year.

The Patriots changed their name from Boston to New England because they moved 35-40 miles south of Boston. The 49ers moved to Santa Clara and kept the name San Francisco only due to tradition (Jed York's decision).

10 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

The Patriots changed their name from Boston to New England because they moved 35-40 miles south of Boston. The 49ers moved to Santa Clara and kept the name San Francisco only due to tradition (Jed York's decision).

That's a stadium location change, not a true move.  SD was exploring 3 or 4 options for similar distance stadium builds, would have been no big deal at all.  Big diff between a move and a stadium location.

If you're not West Coast, LA is hated as a city, fan base etc.  

38 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

ABSOLUTELY.  Mike Williams needs to get into the game the last 4 weeks.  Even though he's been injured, he's been quite a disappointment to this point.  Hunter Henry is growing into a larger role.  The pass drops of the rest of the passing corp must stop.  Austin Ekeler is growing by leaps and bounds into the Darren Sproles/Danny Woodhead role for us.  

I only hate Belichick because he's so dang good at blowing us up ;-)

It is a shame that they use Melvin Gordon so much because Austin Ekeler can offer so much more than they are getting out of him. If he had not fumbled at the end of the Jaguars game, his reps probably would have been much more by now.

As long as Antonio Gates is hanging around, Hunter Henry's growth is going to be stunted, IMO. Mike Williams is needed badly for this team to take the next step. Travis Benjamin and Tyrell Williams are not nearly as reliable.

Rivers absolutely LOVES playing at KC, it will be for control of the division, so no pressure!  

My concerns are field goals instead of tds.  That will work on lesser teams, but won't take you far in the playoffs. 

Getting better on penalties and mistakes.  Ekeler made a big rookie mistake today that fortunately didn't matter but could in another game.

I like where we are.

16 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Rivers absolutely LOVES playing at KC, it will be for control of the division, so no pressure!  

My concerns are field goals instead of tds.  That will work on lesser teams, but won't take you far in the playoffs. 

Getting better on penalties and mistakes.  Ekeler made a big rookie mistake today that fortunately didn't matter but could in another game.

I like where we are.

So do I. Belichick and the Patriots have been upset by balanced teams (not named Colts) when they play a team for a second time during the season. 

That is the thing that is keeping Ekeler from realizing his potential and fantasy value too, his mistakes, he cannot be trusted by the coaches for long stretches of time. :) 

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

So do I. Belichick and the Patriots have been upset by balanced teams (not named Colts) who they play a team for a second time during the season. 

That is the thing that is keeping Ekeler from realizing his potential and fantasy value too, his mistakes, he cannot be trusted by the coaches for long stretches of time. :) 

But he is learning.  I love that our new coach will call out a player publicly when they make a big mistake and Austin learns from his mistakes.  He doesn't sulk.  He corrects his errors.  I have a feeling he's going to be a gem if we make the playoffs and definitely in the future.

On 12/7/2017 at 5:02 PM, Girlzarefanstoo said:

That's a stadium location change, not a true move.  SD was exploring 3 or 4 options for similar distance stadium builds, would have been no big deal at all.  Big diff between a move and a stadium location.

If you're not West Coast, LA is hated as a city, fan base etc.  

It amazes me that the second largest city in California is not good enough to keep the football team there. I want them to win the division and lose in Round 1.