Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stanford Routt Signs With The Chiefs

chad72

http://www.nfl.com/n...1_breaking_news

Now, Romeo Crennel has Brandon Carr, Brandon Flowers, and Stanford Routt for outstanding man corners. Then, he has an excellent nickel zone corner in Javier Arenas. My goodness, you better be able to run on the Chiefs since it is going to be mighty hard to pass on them. Besides, Romeo Crennel knows a thing or two about playing pass happy QBs :).

If the Chiefs are healthy the coming year and can be efficient on offense with Jamaal Charles healthy and Matt Cassel healthy, I fancy the Chiefs to take the division over the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos, to be honest.

Ultimately, the Chiefs' run D and run O is going to be the key but then, they can put 8 in the box when they have 3 man corners.

Those guys plus S Eric Berry coming back are a very deep secondary and considering that Denver, and to some extent Oakland aren't exactly passing juggernauts.... I agree that KC could be well-positioned to recapture the AFC West.

But Brandon Carr is a free agent.... do you think they might let him walk?

But Brandon Carr is a free agent.... do you think they might let him walk?

I smell a franchise tag for Brandon Carr for a year to work out a deal with him, or keep him on that. Let us see how the Chiefs do vs the Saints and Steelers on the road, and then the Falcons and Panthers at home, those are the games to watch to see how they fare vs decent passing offenses. I am sure they will have a handful vs the Saints since those Saints' OGs can maul the Chiefs' D-line.

I smell a franchise tag for Brandon Carr for a year to work out a deal with him, or keep him on that. Let us see how the Chiefs do vs the Saints and Steelers on the road, and then the Falcons and Panthers at home, those are the games to watch to see how they fare vs decent passing offenses. I am sure they will have a handful vs the Saints since those Saints' OGs can maul the Chiefs' D-line.

Interesting line up of opponents for KC.

The Saints (Drew Brees/Carl Nicks) and the Steelers (Mike Wallace) have some free agent/salary cap craziness to deal with too.

Don't forget about Berry. With that said though, Berry and Charles both had knee ligament injuries, which usually take 2 years to fully heal. Jamaal might still run for over 1000 yards, but he won't be the 5.0+ yards per carry guy he was a few years ago...not next year, at least. Getting some O-line help in the draft wouldn't hurt them...if DeCastro is there, they should jump on it. RT is a need too. I'm also not sold on any of their QBs. Orton has only shown he can do well in the right system, and I'm not sold on Cassel.

Don't forget about Berry. With that said though, Berry and Charles both had knee ligament injuries, which usually take 2 years to fully heal. Jamaal might still run for over 1000 yards, but he won't be the 5.0+ yards per carry guy he was a few years ago...not next year, at least. Getting some O-line help in the draft wouldn't hurt them...if DeCastro is there, they should jump on it. RT is a need too. I'm also not sold on any of their QBs. Orton has only shown he can do well in the right system, and I'm not sold on Cassel.

The whole AFC West is a question mark... it'll be fun to watch.

Oakland..... I guess the Raiders are in salary cap torment and considering they flopped their way out of playoff contention.... the Palmer trade proved even more costly in draft compensation and nothing to show for it. Michael Bush is a free agent and Darren McFadden is always one play away from the IR list, it seems. New GM and coach.... could be another tough year.

San Diego..... they might be the most fun to watch with Norv Turner not just on the hot seat, but sitting in the electric chair with a wet sponge on his head if they underachieve and miss the playoffs..... again.

Denver.... Timsanity on a daily basis and who knows how it will turn out?

KC..... you're right about their key guys Berry and Charles coming back off injuries... but if they do and stay healthy, I think they'll eek out a division title. And Crennel rallied them pretty well late last season.

It's the AFC West.... 10 wins oughta do it.

The whole AFC West is a question mark... it'll be fun to watch.

Oakland..... I guess the Raiders are in salary cap torment and considering they flopped their way out of playoff contention.... the Palmer trade proved even more costly in draft compensation and nothing to show for it. Michael Bush is a free agent and Darren McFadden is always one play away from the IR list, it seems. New GM and coach.... could be another tough year.

San Diego..... they might be the most fun to watch with Norv Turner not just on the hot seat, but sitting in the electric chair with a wet sponge on his head if they underachieve and miss the playoffs..... again.

Denver.... Timsanity on a daily basis and who knows how it will turn out?

KC..... you're right about their key guys Berry and Charles coming back off injuries... but if they do and stay healthy, I think they'll eek out a division title. And Crennel rallied them pretty well late last season.

It's the AFC West.... 10 wins oughta do it.

I agree. Oakland got worse as the season went on. I think San Diego will bounce back, Rivers had a bad year and I don't expect that to happen again....though Norv certainly isn't helping. I don't think Tebow Time will last very long, I don't expect them to have more than 7 or 8 wins; you can't have a strong NFL season when you complete less than 15 passes per game. KC needs their playmakers to come back from injuries and to get some O-line help in the draft. I think San Diego is the favourite to win it next year