Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Calvin Pryor, S - Former 1st Rounder Released

rockywoj

21 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Certainly wouldn't hurt to take a look at him, maybe give him a 1 year, vet min type of deal.  Coming out of college, he was being called the next Bob Sanders.  I think he's had some injury problems, but he's still quite young.  It can't hurt to take a look

Bob was great. He played in 15 and 14 games once. 6 twice.  And it was downhill from there.

The 25-year-old Pryor will now go on waivers, where any team can claim him. If no team claims him, he’ll be a free agent. This is the final season of his rookie contract, so he’ll become a free agent in March even if some team does claim him.

8 hours ago, chad72 said:

Jaguars team is loaded now on defensive talent, it is like getting someone from the loaded Seahawks. Definitely worth a flier. But then, hope we get another DB whisperer like Pagano.

I hope we don't get anything remotely close to anyone like  to Pagano 

10 hours ago, mikey287 said:

Do you ever wonder if people on other boards have posts titled... "Bjoern Werner, LB - Former 1st rounder released....should [we] take a low risk flier on a guy like this?"

At the time of his release, yes, other team fans do ... and in fact, he was, coincidently, a low risk signing by the Jacksonville Jaguars.  

To try to draw the analogy NOW, though, is non comparable.   Pryor had just been released ... and reading some Jaguars fan comments, quite a few people seemed upset about his release, saying he had performed well, his issues aside.  Based on what I read, he was decent as a rookie ... and he is still young.  Add to that the fact that the Colts are still not stellar in the defensive backfield, then I think that the QUESTION as posed was valid, as a measure to see what others have to say about his talent level and prior on field performance.  

As for Werner, he is out of football closing in on two years now, and as far as I know, he’s entirely done with the game, having announced his retirement almost a year ago.