Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If Colts have a top 5 pick but unable to trade down....who do you take?

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

The more I'm thinking about it the more I feel like Chubb is the right pick. I still haven't studied all players so take with a grain of salt but my list right now would be something like:

1. Bradley Chubb

2. Connor Williams

3. Minkah Fitzpatrick

4. Quenton Nelson

5. Christian Wilkins

6. Derwin James

7. Roquan Smith

8. Arden Key

9. Harold Landry

10. Orlando Brown

These all have a very high probability of being very good to excellent.
 Personally Brown wouldn't get on my mythological draft board. Too big, heavy, durability, injury prone issues with that size, etc.
 Chubb shows me a lot on tape. Reminds me of Dem Ware, Charles Haley.  A complete Edge defender. lol
Nelson has Hall of Fame Mentality, physical dominance. As i LOVE watching great o-lineman, i will be a big fan.
He reminds me of NDOM Suh. haha!  He looks to Dominate on every play.
 Can imagine him and another good run blocking guard on the other side of Kelley.
 They would destroy and wear them down inside opening up the outside and play action.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, MightyLucks said:

With his shoulder and not knowing his health. I’m not sure how much we could get. 

The original post had some picks for 2019 too but I was just hitting on his draft. That would def fix our oline and pass rush. 

but then you create a bigger problem....

1 hour ago, Boiler_Colt said:

PED's really? He's not over there taking roids or HGH. He's doing most certainly doing PRP and Regenokine which involves spinning the blood and heating it up to release the anti-inflamatory compounds and injecting into the joint. It was invented and pioneered in Germany and they are the best in world at it. Despite your xenophobic attitude. Not FDA approved in America but not a "PED" by the letter of the NFL either. It has proven helpful in many athletes but you're right, it's a last resort before surgery is necessary.

Xenophobic?

Head to Europe, inject some roids and HGH to accelerate the healing, take a six week trip around the continent to see his old school mates, come back and start throwing.  If its still sore go under the knife.

Seems like a reasonable plan to me. 

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Xenophobic?

Head to Europe, inject some roids and HGH to accelerate the healing, take a six week trip around the continent to see his old school mates, come back and start throwing.  If its still sore go under the knife.

Except that is not how anabolic steroids work. They weaken joints and tendons, not strengthen them.

2 hours ago, DougDew said:

Xenophobic?

Now you have Andrew Luck injucting steroids and HGH?!?

You realize when he returns he's still subject to random tests for this stuff?

Apparently, you haven't paid any attention to Andrew Luck for the last six years...

I hope your life is OK.   But your recent posts come across like you've snapped.   Gone off the deep end.    This stuff is more and more bizarre.    Hope you're feeling better soon...

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Nuts.  even an injured Luck is better than Cousins. 

A luck with a #ed uo throwing shoulder? And Coisins isn’t a bad QB at all. He’s going to be one of the hottest free agents in 2018 so general managers disagree with you. 

First choice would be Barkley, next choice is Conner who is as good or better than Nelson if healthy and is a Left Tackle.

You do not take a guard with the 3rd pick.

If the colts were told today that they could pick any running back they wanted from the nfl to come and play for them next year OR take any guard to come and play for them next year. Tell me which guard you would take over the name of the back that you consider the best back in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Nuts.  even an injured Luck is better than Cousins. 

Since no one knows how bad things are with Luck, I wouldn't be so dismissive of other QBs...

Luck's future is still in doubt....   and it will be until he proves that he's 100 percent healthy and good to go.     We're a long way from that...

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Since no one knows how bad things are with Luck, I wouldn't be so dismissive of other QBs...

Luck's future is still in doubt....   and it will be until he proves that he's 100 percent healthy and good to go.     We're a long way from that...

I get that. 

However, you just stated the very issue that's gonna keep teams from paying what it'd be worth to trade for him. He's worth way more than 2 high first rounders. Heck the cap hit alone is prohibitive. No, he'll be a colt or he'll medically retired. The moment the Colts even entertain the idea of trading him, red flags will go up all over the place with other teams. Let's face it, Luck IS the ONLY weapon on this team, it'll become grossly obvious if we try to trade him that we don't think he'll be back at full strength. Not to mention the fact that I don't think you can trade a player that's not medically cleared. 

On 12/19/2017 at 7:44 AM, csmopar said:

There is NO way Nelson drops to the 2nd round.  He wont make it past number 15.

I would not consider drafting a guard in the first 20-25 picks...too many experienced Guards in Free Agency. ~ Pick 25-35 I think Nelson will go...

What makes more sense...Barkley-Mack RB - Pugh G (FA) or Nelson G - Mack-Ingram RB (FA)

http://drafttek.com/2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1b.asp

8 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Fully prepared to be banned for life after this post but I just saw someone post this on Twitter. 

“Ive NEVER been one that says we should trade luck. BUT what if we could get Browns two 1st rounders this year for luck. 

We draft Chubb, Nelson and McGlincheySign Cousins in free agency along with Bell.”

Im going to hide. 

Were you the one that called into JMV with this load earlier?

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Now you have Andrew Luck injucting steroids and HGH?!?

You realize when he returns he's still subject to random tests for this stuff?

Apparently, you haven't paid any attention to Andrew Luck for the last six years...

I hope your life is OK.   But your recent posts come across like you've snapped.   Gone off the deep end.    This stuff is more and more bizarre.    Hope you're feeling better soon...

Man you're dramatic. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Man you're dramatic. 

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Man you're dramatic. 

I'm dramatic?  

You post like like you feel compelled to say whatever is in your head, no matter how nonsensical...     as if you're throwing stuff against an internet wall and seeing if anything sticks....?

Andrew Luck shooting up steroids and HGH?!?  

And you think the problem is....   mine?

Of course.

How convenient....

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm dramatic?  

You post like like you feel compelled to say whatever is in your head, no matter how nonsensical...     as if you're throwing stuff against an internet wall and seeing if anything sticks....?

Andrew Luck shooting up steroids and HGH?!?  

And you think the problem is....   mine?

Of course.

How convenient....

Its an internet fan forum where ideas and speculation are thrown out.  Hardly anything is taken as serious talk, except by drama queens.  Topic after topic, nearly everyone can see idle chatter for what it is.  Then you show up and elevate the chatter to newsworthy headline levels.  

I don't know anything about Luck, but heard he's a stand up guy.

I read Manning is a stand up guy.  I also read that Mrs Manning ordered HGH for herself after her husband hurt his neck real bad.  I also read that an over-aged DE in Robert Mathis led the NFL in sacks, but took a PED masking drug that season because he and his wife were having problems conceiving a THIRD child.

31 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Its an internet fan forum where ideas and speculation are thrown out.  Hardly anything is taken as serious talk, except by drama queens.  Topic after topic, nearly everyone can see idle chatter for what it is.  Then you show up and elevate the chatter to newsworthy headline levels.  

I read Manning is a stand up guy.  I also read that Mrs Manning ordered HGH for herself after her husband hurt his neck real bad.  I also read that an over-aged DE in Robert Mathis led the NFL in sacks, but took a PED masking drug that season because he and his wife were having problems conceiving a THIRD child.

HGH is also used for postpartum depression.  I would be surprised if Manning, or any NFL players used a PDE,  but I would be shocked if he was dumb enough to,have it sent to his house.

34 minutes ago, BOTT said:

HGH is also used for postpartum depression.  I would be surprised if Manning, or any NFL players used a PDE,  but I would be shocked if he was dumb enough to,have it sent to his house.

I'm not going to go OT with two members, but nobody knows anything about what Manning or Mathis did or didn't do during the time it was most convenient and advantageous for them to do it.  I don't remember the specifics, but I do believe that it was established that Manning's wife was buying them for herself...at the time he was recovering from a bad neck.  And rightfully so, he aggressively threatened the accusers and reporters for both impugning his reputation and delving into his wife's medical privacy with little facts, so the story was quickly dropped.  

All of this is simple chatter and speculation on an internet forum.  

12 hours ago, MightyLucks said:

Fully prepared to be banned for life after this post but I just saw someone post this on Twitter. 

“Ive NEVER been one that says we should trade luck. BUT what if we could get Browns two 1st rounders this year for luck. 

We draft Chubb, Nelson and McGlincheySign Cousins in free agency along with Bell.”

Im going to hide. 

no one will trade for luck while hes still hurt

the risk would be gigantic.  if he doesnt come back they lose those picks and have to pay him a bunch of money 

16 hours ago, DougDew said:

Doug.....      apologies in advance,  this will be a long post....     want to address all your issues....

If we're going to play a game of connect the dots,  no matter how ridiculous it seems,  then how about this....

Andrew Luck could've gone to any college he wanted....    any academic power like Northwestern or Duke,  or even any football power like Alabama or Michigan.     He was THAT highly rated.

But instead he went to Stanford which is only 35 miles away from San Francisco.    And we all know how many weird people there are in that city!      Now, he's mysteriously going to Europe.    And not releasing any details.    Do you know what happens there?    Sexual re-assigment surgery.

Could ANDREW Luck have a sex change and come back as ANDREA Luck?     Hey,  it's possible.    And according to you,  this is a website for "ideas and speculation."     Your words.    So, there's an idea and speculation..

So, I think thats just as reasonable as your ideas.      Do you think if I posted about that seriously someone might come along and tell me I'm crazy?      I do.     And I wouldn't blame them if they did.

I appreciate that this is a fans message board and everyone is entitled to their own opinion,  but your posts this week have some type of added dimension of strangeness.     One is more startling than the last one.    That's why I asked if you were OK.     I sincerly thought something might be wrong....

I know I've given you a hard time ths week,  but your posts have been that shocking.    I thought they were worthy of comment.     I haven't enjoyed giving you a hard time.    If you want me to back-off I will.      I'm the holder of many, many unpopular views and opinions.    I know what it's like to get negative feed back.   But I'm not the only one that will challenge posters over content.     I marvel,  almost daily,  that there are tons of fights and confrontations on this website,  and I'm NOT in most of them.      Seriously.    Posters buck heads with each other all the time,  and I'm often not even in the thread discussion at all.      So, I don't want to pretend that if I stop making negaive comments at posters,  then suddenly this website is going to be all Peace and Love.     It's not.    The fighting would continue if I stopped posting forever tomorrow.     This is the nature of Internet Message Boards.    It's why Moderators are needed.     

Tell me what you want,  and I will do my best to accomodate you.     I'm not looking for trouble.    I'm looking for some clarity and saneness....

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Doug.....      apologies in advance,  this will be a long post....     want to address all your issues....

If we're going to play a game of connect the dots,  no matter how ridiculous it seems,  then how about this....

Andrew Luck could've gone to any college he wanted....    any academic power like Northwestern or Duke,  or even any football power like Alabama or Michigan.     He was THAT highly rated.

But instead he went to Stanford which is only 35 miles away from San Francisco.    And we all know how many weird people there are in that city!      Now, he's mysteriously going to Europe.    And not releasing any details.    Do you know what happens there?    Sexual re-assigment surgery.

Could ANDREW Luck have a sex change and come back as ANDREA Luck?     Hey,  it's possible.    And according to you,  this is a website for "ideas and speculation."     Your words.    So, there's an idea and speculation..

So, I think thats just as reasonable as your ideas.      Do you think if I posted about that seriously someone might come along and tell me I'm crazy?      I do.     And I wouldn't blame them if they did.

I appreciate that this is a fans message board and everyone is entitled to their own opinion,  but your posts this week have some type of added dimension of strangeness.     One is more startling than the last one.    That's why I asked if you were OK.     I sincerly thought something might be wrong....

I know I've given you a hard time ths week,  but your posts have been that shocking.    I thought they were worthy of comment.     I haven't enjoyed giving you a hard time.    If you want me to back-off I will.      I'm the holder of many, many unpopular views and opinions.    I know what it's like to get negative feed back.   But I'm not the only one that will challenge posters over content.     I marvel,  almost daily,  that there are tons of fights and confrontations on this website,  and I'm NOT in most of them.      Seriously.    Posters buck heads with each other all the time,  and I'm often not even in the thread discussion at all.      So, I don't want to pretend that if I stop making negaive comments at posters,  then suddenly this website is going to be all Peace and Love.     It's not.    The fighting would continue if I stopped posting forever tomorrow.     This is the nature of Internet Message Boards.    It's why Moderators are needed.     

Tell me what you want,  and I will do my best to accomodate you.     I'm not looking for trouble.    I'm looking for some crarity and saneness....

You know, most players who test positive for PEDs do so because they take them fairly often to maintain an advantage or to simply be big and fast enough to stay on a roster.  They are marginal players who need the boost.  Random tests nail them because they have to take PEDs alot.  But a person can take them to help heal from injury, get over the hump, by maybe taking one, two, or three doses......then never take them again.  I know nothing of the chemistry, but if a player took a banned substance right as the offseason began, I would think the residue might not be present enough to show up in a drug test four months later. 

But nevermind.  Its too nonsensical, strange, and shocking for you to think that Andrew would do that over in Europe just as the off season began.  Just because of who he is.  So I retract the whole idea.

17 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Just curious NCF, in the hypothetical situation that Luck is finished, are you still a Colts fan? I know you became one because of Luck, as I did because of Peyton, so I just wanted to know if you’d stick around if he has to hang them up. Hope that’s not a situation we have to deal with for at least another decade. 

11 minutes ago, The Peytonator said:

Just curious NCF, in the hypothetical situation that Luck is finished, are you still a Colts fan? I know you became one because of Luck, as I did because of Peyton, so I just wanted to know if you’d stick around if he has to hang them up. Hope that’s not a situation we have to deal with for at least another decade. 

I was wondering the same. I know you have said you've been a Stanford fan for 45 years and became a Colts fan because of Luck, so I was also wondering if your history of teams you rooted for over the last 45 years had anything to do with highly drafted Stanford QBs and RBs going to certain teams over that span, or if you were just a media member with no allegiance that did his job and was more of a Stanford fan. Would hate to lose you on these boards because of losing Luck.

3 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

That's a fair question...    If/when Luck announces his retirement for whatever reason,  I don't think I'd wake up and just disappear from view here.  

Contrary to the the view of some I actually like this community.   On my computer, there's a page that shows your favorite websites listed by the amount of time you spend there...    and since I became a member of this website,  this has been my number one website.    More than Stanford, more than ESPN more than Facebook or any other site.    So I like this site and the community.    

So I don't see myself disappearing once Luck leaves.   I might spend a little less time here,  but not just vanishing from the site.    The Colts are the first NFL team I've enjoyed rooting for since the Rams left So. Cal back in the 90's.    This is a fun place to hang out.    A good group of people...    so I see myself remaining a fan beyond Luck.    Maybe not a fanatic, just a fan.     

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I was wondering the same. I know you have said you've been a Stanford fan for 45 years and became a Colts fan because of Luck, so I was also wondering if your history of teams you rooted for over the last 45 years had anything to do with highly drafted Stanford QBs and RBs going to certain teams over that span, or if you were just a media member with no allegiance that did his job and was more of a Stanford fan. Would hate to lose you on these boards because of losing Luck.

Another fair question...   and the answer is...    being a member of the media made me a much less fanatical fan.    You're not supposed to be a rabid fan of the home teams..   I can love teams, you just can't make it obvious by your work.   A reader or viewer shouldn't be able to tell what my favorite teams are by seeing my work.   You're supposed to be as neutral and impartial as is possible.

When Stanford or Indy loses I'm a little disappointed,  but I sleep just fine.   

The Colts are the first and only team I've adopted because of my fondness for Stanford.    I'm not a Carolina fan because of McCaffrey, or a Philly fan because of Ertz, or a 49ers fan because of Solly.   Only Luck has earned that level of fandom.  I like him as a player, AND as a person.   In the other cases, I like the player, but not the team..  

So you're probably stuck with me a while longer...    hope I never wear out my welcome...   thanks again for the kind words...  

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

You know, most players who test positive for PEDs do so because they take them fairly often to maintain an advantage or to simply be big and fast enough to stay on a roster.  They are marginal players who need the boost.  Random tests nail them because they have to take PEDs alot.  But a person can take them to help heal from injury, get over the hump, by maybe taking one, two, or three doses......then never take them again.  I know nothing of the chemistry, but if a player took a banned substance right as the offseason began, I would think the residue might not be present enough to show up in a drug test four months later. 

But nevermind.  Its too nonsensical, strange, and shocking for you to think that Andrew would do that over in Europe just as the off season began.  Just because of who he is.  So I retract the whole idea.

I believe players get tested year round....   I could be wrong on this,  but this is my understanding.    

Otherwise ALL PLAYERS would load up in January and try to be clean by July-August when training camp begins.

PS --  I thought you might get a kick out of ANDREA Luck?!?     I thought that was at least a little clever?     Yes?   No?   Maybe?     Never mind...    :peek:

8 hours ago, DougDew said:

As to your steroid, HGH argument here...   I get the skepticism and cynicism...   is it possible?    Yes.     We're dealing with humans so anything is possible.  

But it is it likely?  Probable?    I think it's the longest of long shots bordering on unthinkable.   If you've followed him, Luck is just not hard wired that way.    That's why, in part, I admire him so much.    If you think that clouds my judgement. I would not argue that point.....

Fair enough?

Looking more and more like we’ll be picking no later than 3. The way I see it the pick that most of us had as coming down to Nelson or Chubb, now has Barkley In the mix. The 4tj option is a trade down.

We don’t have a line but we can fix that in the 2nd round with Will Hernandez, Billy Price, etc...

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

As to your steroid, HGH argument here...   I get the skepticism and cynicism...   is it possible?    Yes.     We're dealing with humans so anything is possible.  

But it is it likely?  Probable?    I think it's the longest of long shots bordering on unthinkable.   If you've followed him, Luck is just not hard wired that way.    That's why, in part, I admire him so much.    If you think that clouds my judgement. I would not argue that point.....

Fair enough?

I never thought that speculating that Luck could be getting unauthorized treatment from Dr. Euro Oz behind his magic curtain would offend someone.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Tell me what you want,  and I will do my best to accomodate you.     I'm not looking for trouble.    I'm looking for some crarity and saneness....

Lol dougdew was also saying last week that hooker has chicken legs and that's why he tore his acl. I would just take what he says with a grain of salt

10 minutes ago, Reidm said:

Lol dougdew was also saying last week that hooker has chicken legs and that's why he tore his acl. I would just take what he says with a grain of salt

I know...   he said a LOT of interesting things in the last week or so....

It's been an interesting time for my friend Doug...   

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I never thought that speculating that Luck could be getting unauthorized treatment from Dr. Euro Oz behind his magic curtain would offend someone.

I know....    I appreciate that....

That's why I added the part about my judgement being clouded...   

In my 60 years I find Andrew Luck to be as good of a person as he is a player.   I don't give my fandom easily...

If it's any comfort...   if you want a good laugh....   my favorite player when I was growing up?   Pete Rose.  Whoops!   :omg:

I had to grow up to learn that as great a player as he was, he was a disposable  human being.   And I've met Rose...   I've interviewed him.   Not fun.  Eye opening.

Oh well...   life can be funny that way...