Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TOP 10 NFL DRAFT PROJECTION 2.0

50 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

I completely disagree as you need to know what type of Defense and Offense your team is going to run to effectively determine your draft pick.  Positional value isn't crap, an elite QB or any of the other positions I mentioned hold much more value than a Guard.  Now if that Guard has the ability to develop into a LT great..but by now if they are a Guard they are most likely destined to be a Guard.  I just hope Indy has the ability to determine and choose the perfect player for its needs...as this season has been draining.

A blue chip guard is good in any scheme. A blue chip RB who can run between the tackles, outside, pass block, and catch out the backfield is valuable in any system. Positional value no meaning when it comes to true blue chip players. The so called elite positions don’t hold value over blue chip players that fit in any scheme. Quenton Nelson holds more value than Mason Rudolph in the 1st round. Drafting isn’t about filling needs but putting as many elite players on your team as possible. Teams will always reach for QBs but that’s only for guys that fit the coaches system and are elite talents. When you pass over an elite LB because you needed a RG bad but that player is only average, you do yourself a disservice.

44 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

After today’s game I’m thinking if Fitzpatrick is a shutdown cb that may be the better pick and get a pass rusher in the second if not then pass rush in the first.  

He's a safety and I'm pretty sure it will stay that way in the NFL 

13 hours ago, rock8591 said:

QB > K, P, LS

What is to say that a good guard is worth less than a good tackle or center?

Lol, way to cherry pick....my goodness.  I also added LT, Edge Rusher, and Shut Down Corner.  I also didn't say a Center was more valuable, even though they are.  He can play Center as well...

13 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

A blue chip guard is good in any scheme. A blue chip RB who can run between the tackles, outside, pass block, and catch out the backfield is valuable in any system. Positional value no meaning when it comes to true blue chip players. The so called elite positions don’t hold value over blue chip players that fit in any scheme. Quenton Nelson holds more value than Mason Rudolph in the 1st round. Drafting isn’t about filling needs but putting as many elite players on your team as possible. Teams will always reach for QBs but that’s only for guys that fit the coaches system and are elite talents. When you pass over an elite LB because you needed a RG bad but that player is only average, you do yourself a disservice.

Except your pick excels in man to man, not zone...which lessens his value if you have a zbs.  
This is from everything that I have read, doesn't mean he can't play in a zone system though.  I am hopeful that the next coaching staff uses elements of both man and zbs. 

For me, Chubb (if Indy changes to a 4-3) or James would have more value and at positions of greater impact...though if either is not available, I would hope that a team would want to trade up for one of the top two QB's.  Giving Indy more picks to address issues.