Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stampede Blues article

Zoltan

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked the "colts Cast: cukture trouble in Indy"

that Danely guy i temembered from camp. Ā Many here liked his reports. Ā If i remember, he was let go from Colts media staff? Ā I will have to check out more of his stuff.

check it out, wr stuff, wilson, alot of good stuff.

Something that article made me think about is how STs coaches work with both blocking lines and rushing lines. Toub having a background in strength and conditioning and DL makes sense.

Ā 

Still not sure how I feel about him as a head coach. I think he'd be an experiment to a certain degree. But he worked under a guy who went from STs coach to SB winning head coach -- John Harbaugh.Ā 

It speaks well of his basic nature which I think matters. Ā we still don't know what his football philosophies are,...probably similar to Ballards. Ā I suspect they bothĀ would like to have A great defense. We as fans complain plenty about a lack of 2nd half adjustments in a game, but how do you know if a coach can excel at that until he actually begins coaching.Ā 

If the Colts make a coaching change, will fans be patient enough to allow for the culture change?

Ā 

Ā  Will they expect playoffs in the first year or will they start listing possible replacements for the replacement?Ā 

Ā  No matter what happens, this team needs injured players (including Luck)Ā back,Ā better play from other currentĀ players and added talent, where needed. Give those things to Pagano and IMO, the Colts will be okay. But none of our opinions matter. It comes down to Ballard and Irsay, who have stated their decision wonā€™t be based solelyĀ record, which is interesting.

Ā  Ā People complain that they are tired of hearing Pagano say the same things over and over, after a loss. What do they think they will hear, should the new coach loose multiple games?Ā 

Ā  Bottom line is; as fans, we hate loosing and love it, when the Colts win. Our subjective assessment of a coaching staff is based solely on winning or loosing -Ā thatā€™s how fans are. And there are so many pieces to winning and loosing, including talent, execution and coaching.

Ā  Iā€™m cool with whatever happens. Iā€™m just not sure Pagano and staff are gone, given the circumstances.

6 hours ago, Superman said:

Something that article made me think about is how STs coaches work with both blocking lines and rushing lines. Toub having a background in strength and conditioning and DL makes sense.

Ā 

Still not sure how I feel about him as a head coach. I think he'd be an experiment to a certain degree. But he worked under a guy who went from STs coach to SB winning head coach -- John Harbaugh.Ā 

The strength and conditioning background is what has me the most intrigued. I'm not sure where the statistics can be found however I don't remember the Chiefs having a ton of injuries over the past few years except a couple major injuries that really wouldn't have to do with strength and conditioning. It seems the colts always have injuries, season enders and minors that have hindered this team the past few years and even though Taub may not be directly titled "strength and conditioning" in KC I'm sure his input behind the scenes is still relatable.Ā 

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

If the Colts make a coaching change, will fans be patient enough to allow for the culture change?

Ā 

Ā  Will they expect playoffs in the first year or will they start listing possible replacements for the replacement?Ā 

Ā  No matter what happens, this team needs injured players (including Luck)Ā back,Ā better play from other currentĀ players and added talent, where needed. Give those things to Pagano and IMO, the Colts will be okay. But none of our opinions matter. It comes down to Ballard and Irsay, who have stated their decision wonā€™t be based solelyĀ record, which is interesting.

Ā  Ā People complain that they are tired of hearing Pagano say the same things over and over, after a loss. What do they think they will hear, should the new coach loose multiple games?Ā 

Ā  Bottom line is; as fans, we hate loosing and love it, when the Colts win. Our subjective assessment of a coaching staff is based solely on winning or loosing -Ā thatā€™s how fans are. And there are so many pieces to winning and loosing, including talent, execution and coaching.

Ā  Iā€™m cool with whatever happens. Iā€™m just not sure Pagano and staff are gone, given the circumstances.

First off, it's lose. Loose is a completely different word as in loose and tight. Yes, I would be patient enough to give the new coach a fair and honest chance. I would know he would be Ballard's choice, so there should be chemistry there between the two. We will have another draft and FA class. So the team will be on the road to getting better. Also, just having a new coaching staff gives you fresh hope that things will be different in some way around here. I know what to expect every week from this current team and coaching staff. With new blood, we'll see new schemes, new playbooks, new techniques, new strengths that benefit the team.Ā 

Ā 

I think Pagano has packed it in. When we get a new coach, he'll be hungry to succeed. If he's a veteran coach, he'll use the skills that brought him success in the past and apply them to the current team. Things are to the point where they can't get much worse, and a fresh start is needed.

Just now, bleed blue 4 life said:

never know about a head coach since most of the best are taken, Look at Saban , could not win in the nfl , you just never know , getting Luck back is the most important thing for this team in my opinion , but yes get rid of Chuck , nice guy but no a head coach and take the offensive co ordinate with himĀ 

Ā 

How do we know this guy is any good? I feel like I should automatically trust Ballard's thinking and choice. However, it's all a huge guessing game. We could still only have 3 wins next season and the season after that. I'd like to see the options at the end of the season I think.

@NFLfan: It seems to me that you were on this already. That was a good read & I learned more about him. His journey up the ladder of coaching seems to have covered almost all the bases. I like that he started out as a strength & conditioning coach & that he's worked with all phases of a football team. His history with BallardĀ seems to be a good one as well. I'm on board for a look see at the very least.

13 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd pass on Reid.Ā  He has a history of poor clock management and many KC fans are saying he's the part of the reason for their current downhill trend.

Ā 

His clock management does suck but that is also true for a lot of coaches,except many coaches don't have the same ability as Andy Reid when it comes to playdesign and exploiting weaknesses on defenses.. He's probably at least part of the reason for their downfall but the biggest reason is at QB. He has yet to have a losing season in KC with Alex Smith and thrice in four years has pulled double digit wins.

Ā 

I have hard time believing that a better coach then Reid would become available.

14 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

I'd pass on Reid.Ā  He has a history of poor clock management and many KC fans are saying he's the part of the reason for their current downhill trend.

Yea, same with Pagano, so no difference there.

Ā 

I was just thinking about his offense and what he has done with Alex Smith. Imagine him and a healthy Luck. If available, he would at least have to be on the list. None of this matters though because I doubt he gets fired.

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

First off, it's lose. Loose is a completely different word as in loose and tight. Yes, I would be patient enough to give the new coach a fair and honest chance. I would know he would be Ballard's choice, so there should be chemistry there between the two. We will have another draft and FA class. So the team will be on the road to getting better. Also, just having a new coaching staff gives you fresh hope that things will be different in some way around here. I know what to expect every week from this current team and coaching staff. With new blood, we'll see new schemes, new playbooks, new techniques, new strengths that benefit the team.Ā 

Ā 

I think Pagano has packed it in. When we get a new coach, he'll be hungry to succeed. If he's a veteran coach, he'll use the skills that brought him success in the past and apply them to the current team. Things are to the point where they can't get much worse, and a fresh start is needed.

Things couldn't much worse? Oh yes they could.

24 minutes ago, Btown_Colt said:

Ā 

I was just thinking about his offense and what he has done with Alex Smith. Imagine him and a healthy Luck. If available, he would at least have to be on the list. None of this matters though because I doubt he gets fired.

No Andy is not going to be fired.

The Chiefs were doing just fine as long as Andy let Smith lose and opened up the play book.

2 hours ago, Finball said:

Ā 

His clock management does suck but that is also true for a lot of coaches,except many coaches don't have the same ability as Andy Reid when it comes to playdesign and exploiting weaknesses on defenses.. He's probably at least part of the reason for their downfall but the biggest reason is at QB. He has yet to have a losing season in KC with Alex Smith and thrice in four years has pulled double digit wins.

Ā 

I have hard time believing that a better coach then Reid would become available.

Ā 

1 hour ago, Btown_Colt said:

Ā 

Ā 

The biggest issue I have with Reid is he gets plenty of regular season wins, but his postseason record is below .500.Ā  From what I've noticed, his teams tend to peak early, but then fall off down the stretch.Ā  According to some Chiefs fans, his offenses are usually somewhat conservative/low risk-low reward, which is safe to get some wins in the regular season, but won't get it done in the playoffs.Ā  I really like Reid, and I think he'd definitely be an upgrade over Pagano, but I don't think he would be the best option if he were to become available.

4 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Ā 

Ā 

The biggest issue I have with Reid is he gets plenty of regular season wins, but his postseason record is below .500.Ā  From what I've noticed, his teams tend to peak early, but then fall off down the stretch.Ā  According to some Chiefs fans, his offenses are usually somewhat conservative/low risk-low reward, which is safe to get some wins in the regular season, but won't get it done in the playoffs.Ā  I really like Reid, and I think he'd definitely be an upgrade over Pagano, but I don't think he would be the best option if he were to become available.

I would be fine with Reid, but I doubt he is fired in KC.Ā  He would have a field day with Luck at QB and already having TY.Ā  He would try and run a lot but he might add a little difference to just the same play situation we have now.Ā  The one key with Reid is he can adapt to his offense.Ā  He would assuming they don't hire an assistant, bring his staff and Bob Sutton would help the D.Ā  Andy Heck would help the OL since they have done well with mid round draft picks.

12 hours ago, Superman said:

Ā 

Ā 

I think I read the other day that John Harbaugh and Bill Belichick are the only 2 active head coaches in the league who started out as special teams coordinators. That doesn't necessarily make me a Toub enthusiast, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ā 

Ā  Thank you for the spelling correction.Ā 

Ā  Ā In your scenario, bringing in a new coaching staff will make everything right. You assume that to be true. I think itā€™s more of a crapshoot. It mayĀ make things better, it may not. Look at the coaching carousels around the league where change didnā€™t produce success. Ā Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā I donā€™t think any of us are qualified to know what is best for the team. Maybe those who feel itā€™sĀ better to make a change are right, maybe not.

Ā  Ā  But whatever decision is made by Ballard, Iā€™m trusting itĀ will be after careful consideration of all the facts.

4 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Ā 

I think I read the other day that John Harbaugh and Bill Belichick are the only 2 active head coaches in the league who started out as special teams coordinators. That doesn't necessarily make me a Toub enthusiast, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

I think he has a good understand of dealing with the "whole" team.Ā  The article mentions how he loved the idea of addressing the entire roster.Ā  Plus he has a good understanding of the d-line and strength and conditioning.Ā  As a HC you have to oversee everything, one aspect he is similar with to an extent.Ā  If he surrounds himself with a good OC and DC he could have a great amount of success.Ā  If this is the guy Ballard wants and Irsay signs off on it, I am perfectly fine with it.

1 minute ago, coltsfeva said:

Ā  Thank you for the spelling correction.Ā 

Ā  Ā In your scenario, bringing in a new coaching staff will make everything right. You assume that to be true. I think itā€™s more of a crapshoot. It mayĀ make things better, it may not. Look at the coaching carousels around the league where change didnā€™t produce success. Ā Ā 

Ā  Ā  Ā I donā€™t think any of us are qualified to know what is best for the team. Maybe those who feel itā€™sĀ better to make a change are right, maybe not.

Ā  Ā  But whatever decision is made by Ballard, Iā€™m trusting itĀ will be after careful consideration of all the facts.

Fair enough.

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Ā 

Your first sentence has me rolling lmaoĀ On a serious side you know how most Colts fans are, if we hire someone new and fire Chuck and the new Coach does bad, we will be all over him. Especially if Luck is healthy.

5 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Ā Ā  Nice guy, good leader. A little older.Ā  :thinking:

Ā 

Ā I will be hoping for a nice guy, good leader, a little younger, and perceived to be a creative, Top, co-coordinator.

So a big strike against him to you is the fact that he is 55?Ā  That is just simply hilarious.Ā  The OC can be creative and he is a top coordinator.Ā Ā