Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jags This Sunday Will Say Alot

King Colt

We should get a peek of what the Colts have and what they need to dump vs, the Jags who will be much improved next year with a better QB. The Jags secondary with people like Bouy'e, Ramsey and Gibson should put Brissett on trial trying to find an open receiver. The Jags defense should sack Brissett at least eight times like last week putting his number of times on the turf at 50+. Anxious to hear Pagano's post game press conference, "ya gotta hand it to the Jags" and other pointless excuses why he is about to clear out his office. As good as the defense played against the run for the first half last week they need to show it was not a fluke in stopping Fornette. If there is any pride left it needs to come out this Sunday and if it is not  matter of pride all players are playing for a job next year to put it mildly.

50 minutes ago, King Colt said:

We should get a peek of what the Colts have and what they need to dump vs, the Jags who will be much improved next year with a better QB. The Jags secondary with people like Bouy'e, Ramsey and Gibson should put Brissett on trial trying to find an open receiver. The Jags defense should sack Brissett at least eight times like last week putting his number of times on the turf at 50+. Anxious to hear Pagano's post game press conference, "ya gotta hand it to the Jags" and other pointless excuses why he is about to clear out his office. As good as the defense played against the run for the first half last week they need to show it was not a fluke in stopping Fornette. If there is any pride left it needs to come out this Sunday and if it is not  matter of pride all players are playing for a job next year to put it mildly.

They showed it against bell the week before

We have no film on how Fournette performs against the Colts as he was out last game we faced them this year. I will guess he rushes for 75 yards and a TD. Not a spectacular performance. I think Bortles will overperform, we will make him look good and he will tear up the defense and secondary again. The main problem is going to be the Jags D-Line and LBers Vs our O-Line. That's where it'll get ugly, and Brissett will once again be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Based on how Brissett has been playing and how good their D is, I don't see how we overcome that. Will be a long game that we will be out of very quickly. Don't see how the Colts put up more than 14.

I cant see anything other than a defeat (mainly because the O-line is going to get shredded), but I will be looking at specific things with a view to next year:

1. Wide Receivers.  They have had some tough jibes from the media this week (Doyel) so lets see what you have got against the best cornerback group in football.  Show us something worth actually celebrating.

2. Run defence.  Probably the most encouraging progress seen this year on the roster, can they keep that up against Fournette....although I don't think he has been as "special" as we thought he would be since the first few weeks, even with injury and missing games.

3. Quincy Wilson.  I don't think it has been a massive issue that he has not been involved, Desir and Melvin have been too good to bench.  Now is his chance and I cant wait to see him get plenty snaps.

Not sure what it will tell at all, it's already been told.  If by some miracle they happen to blow out the Jags nobody will think this is now a good team with good coaching.  If they get their butt's kicked, well we already know that's been going on.  The last two seasons have told us enough about what this team is.

who do you still need to evaluate?

we know what we have at WR, ty needs the line to block so he can get downfield and do what he does.  he has never been terribly effective in the red zone and short passing game, probably never will be

we need new players on the oline, we know that now.  

we have good players on run defense, our problem is we cant cover over short routes over the middle and ever team we play knows this.  so thats exactly where they go 

This would be my defensive game plan at this point, all things considered:

Blitz Bortles. 

Blitz Bortles again.

Keeping blitzing Bortles. 

Find creative ways to beat him down into the turf. Yes, he will make short throws to a hot receiver, but after a bunch of knockdowns let's see how he holds up. 

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We have no film on how Fournette performs against the Jags as he was out last game we faced them this year. I will guess he rushes for 75 yards and a TD. Not a spectacular performance. I think Bortles will overperform, we will make him look good and he will tear up the defense and secondary again. The main problem is going to be the Jags D-Line and LBers Vs our O-Line. That's where it'll get ugly, and Brissett will once again be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Based on how Brissett has been playing and how good their D is, I don't see how we overcome that. Will be a long game that we will be out of very quickly. Don't see how the Colts put up more than 14.

We didn't score on them at all is week 7 without Fournette and were awful against the run and that was at home this is on the road I think another shutout and this time its worst 42 nothing jags.

I don't see anything different this week from the last time we played them.

Today Pagano said he doesn't think Kelly stands a good chance of playing..   (concussion)

Pagano ominously stated that if his team falls behind early that their chances of coming back are poor.   That their defense will tee off on Brissett.   

The He chances of the Colts winning, or even playing well this week are not good at all.

I hope I'm wrong....

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

In the title you spelled score wrong 

15 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

.... The main problem is going to be the Jags D-Line and LBers Vs our O-Line. That's where it'll get ugly, and Brissett will once again be under a tremendous amount of pressure. Based on how Brissett has been playing and how good their D is, I don't see how we overcome that. ...

The Jag’s rush has been terrorizing!  Here’s the thing about that, though, their strength IS bloody obvious, so any OC worth their salt, AT ALL, knows their strength and knows the Colts’ OL weakness, thus, you need to GAMEPLAN the offense to have answers to neutralize that rush.  Ergo, you need to exploit their zest to bring it.  Gotta get rid of it quick with slot screens, chip RB screens, WR slants.  You know, go to the book on how to neutalize and exploit pressure.

So this game will be really telling indeed, especially on Chud & Chuck, as to whether or not they are capable of designing an effective offensive game plan to actually deal with the strength of the opponent.  If they are not calling effective plays, whether or not the plays are executed, then the OC is just rank amateur.  I don’t care if the team doesn’t have the talent to execute or not, for regardless, you should at least see some creativity to adjust for the strength of your opponent.

If the Colts offense comes out and just does what it does, same old vanilla, predictable mundane plan, then the Colts offense is going to get destroyed and the Colts defense will yet again breakdown, eventually getting overwhelmed.

It’s bloody time to see some actual game planning!

My prediction, Jags 27, Colts 13 ... and another Colts offensive failure.

9 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Exactly what was an embarrassing fiasco here?

How grossly unprepared the team was, how badly the coaching was, and quite simply how badly the team played in every facet of the game.  One of the worst performances I can remember. 

On 11/29/2017 at 8:35 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Don't get y'alls hopes up on anything being different from the first game. 

I think the Jags are gonna beat us like we stole something. They're 2nd in the south and absolutely cannot afford to drop a divisional matchup at home, AND they get a chance to step on our throat in front of their home crowd. I don't expect this one to be pretty.

On 11/29/2017 at 10:35 AM, lollygagger8 said:

Don't get y'alls hopes up on anything being different from the first game. 

Do you really expect Blake Bortles to throw for 330 vyards again, especially with Leonard Fournette available? I don't.

Cam Robinson is healthy, but LG Patrick Omameh and RT Jermey Parnell were out the last two weeks, so I don't know if they will be active Sunday. (Tyler Shatley and Josh Wells are the replacements.) Brandon Linder is also healthy and will start. So depending on Jacksonville's injury report, you could see up to four changes on the offensive line. You be the judge on how important that is to your defensive line.

On 11/29/2017 at 11:38 PM, Jules said:

I think it will say more about the Jags then the Colts. Colts are supposed to lose. Jags are supposed to win after the stinker to Arizona.

The Jaguars were supposed to win no matter what happened at Arizona. And by "stinker," do you mean how close the Jaguars came to winning?

We know what the Jaguars are on defense. They even have an official nickname for the pass rushers: Sacksonville. It is about defeating a divisional opponient at home for the Jaguars, who failed the first time.

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, Jules said:

I think it will say more about the Jags then the Colts. Colts are supposed to lose. Jags are supposed to win after the stinker to Arizona.

That sure was a stinker, man did the Jags choke. We could put a huge wrench into their season if beat them lmao. Never know, if Brissett doesnt turn it over and Bortles becomes a Turnover machine we have a chance. We won at Houston so who knows?

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That sure was a stinker, man did the Jags choke. We could put a huge wrench into their season if beat them lmao. Never know, if Brissett doesnt turn it over and Bortles becomes a Turnover machine we have a chance. We won at Houston so who knows?

2 hours ago, MariGOATa said:

Pagano could come with some packages to protect Brissett. Jaguars defense is so overrared. Brisset should have the same success as Gabbert had. Its not like ARI oline was much better. Doyles gonna eat.

Colts 21

TrapKittens 13

If we can go by history over the last two years the Colts could very well step up and grab a win anytime during the last 5 games. It wouldn't surprise me for them to end the season 8-8 or 7-9. Even as bad as things have been this talk about Pagano losing this locker room is poppycock.

I don't see us finishing 8-8 this time around.   The offense is too unproductive, they don't block or execute well and then they make things worse by turning the football over.  I think 6-10 is probably where we will land or 5-11.   I'd feel better about it if we were making any strides, but it's staying the same.   The defense has gotten better but they aren't good enough to carry a whole game down to the final whistle.  I would say something like 8-8 if we were getting any offensive production to help the defense.  Hasn't happened yet so 5-11 or 6-10 is what I predict.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

I don't see us finishing 8-8 this time around.   The offense is too unproductive, they don't block or execute well and then they make things worse by turning the football over.  I think 6-10 is probably where we will land or 5-11.   I'd feel better about it if we were making any strides, but it's staying the same.   The defense has gotten better but they aren't good enough to carry a whole game down to the final whistle.  I would say something like 8-8 if we were getting any offensive production to help the defense.  Hasn't happened yet.

The key would be turnovers. They play well enough to pull games out without turnovers. Especially at key times during the games. As strange as the way things have been going over the last couple of years this team seems to step it up late in the season after it's too late. Getting a couple of defensive starters back could make a difference, who knows? :scratch:

On 11/30/2017 at 9:50 AM, rockywoj said:

How grossly unprepared the team was, how badly the coaching was, and quite simply how badly the team played in every facet of the game.  One of the worst performances I can remember. 

among others, was especially disappointed in the penalties, like the 12 men on the field on defense, it wasn't even someone running off the field, they were all just standing there like statues.

29 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

among others, was especially disappointed in the penalties, like the 12 men on the field on defense, it wasn't even someone running off the field, they were all just standing there like statues.

That one made no sense. The 12th man was a safety so it was easy to see 11 players in front of him.