Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Most points given up

bozo

Besides everything else that is going bad with the colts, they have also had the most points scored on them.  Just nothing going their way.  Bad Def, offense not helping out, and special teams all get the credit I guess. 

25 minutes ago, Everyone said:

Defense hasnt been that bad the past few games.  Its really hard on the defense when the Offense is dead.

that and the fact that the offense has had SIX touchdowns scored against them on returns..(fumbles and pick 6's).

Also not including costly turnovers deep in your own territory setting up almost guaranteed points as well.

not saying the D is all world or anything---unless you're the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens, the D is not going to be able to pick up that much slack. But the past quarter of the season they've done quite well for the most part. Significantly cutting down on big plays allowed and is even becoming a very stout run D up the middle (edges still need work on a consistency basis).

19 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

that and the fact that the offense has had SIX touchdowns scored against them on returns..(fumbles and pick 6's).

Also not including costly turnovers deep in your own territory setting up almost guaranteed points as well.

not saying the D is all world or anything---unless you're the '85 Bears or 2000 Ravens, the D is not going to be able to pick up that much slack. But the past quarter of the season they've done quite well for the most part. Significantly cutting down on big plays allowed and is even becoming a very stout run D up the middle (edges still need work on a consistency basis).

What edge?  .....  Just saying

8 hours ago, BR-549 said:

What edge?  .....  Just saying

Sheard is actually excellent at setting the edge on his side, among the best in the league in run stops. The problem is the range of our middle linebackers, which is about 5 yards in any direction. Then it’s like they’re running through water after that. 

17 hours ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Sheard is actually excellent at setting the edge on his side, among the best in the league in run stops. The problem is the range of our middle linebackers, which is about 5 yards in any direction. Then it’s like they’re running through water after that. 

I know, was being somewhat sarcastic.  They sure didn't set much of an edge the last 10 minutes last Sunday though.  

And yeah for sure the MLBr situation sucks... pretty much bottom of the barrel people there.  Not sure they could start for Ben Davis, lol

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

And a pass rush....    you forgot about that....    we are not just a few players away from a very good defense...    at least, not yet....

OLB (Rush) is a linebacker. They just play outside usually.

21 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ok...   I understand...   I thought you were making reference to two inside backers....

I just think we lack a number of difference makers.... 

All it takes is one dominant Pass Rusher and that would change everything. Man if we could Draft a Von Miller type or even a Freeney type, that would be huge.