Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck's Presser Today

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/27/2017 at 8:46 PM, crazycolt1 said:

You are the authority. Knock yourself out.

That's what I thought.    You want to defend constantly blaming talent... which is not stellar.... but there are plenty of other teams with worse talent but because of coaching they are getting better week after week.

if you were to have traded the Colts D players for the Pats D players at the beginning of the yr the Pats would still have a top 3-5 D And Pagano and Monachino would still be scraping the bottom of the barrel 

ITS COACHING!

2 hours ago, dw49 said:

Sounded like a guy totally frustrated with the world of NFL football. I'm no fan of Pagano's on field coaching but pretty hard to blame him for the 3-8 record. Young team , terrible O line and Brissett is a hot mess when pressured.

Stop trying to not blame him.

Good lord

9 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

No.  The fact is.  You keep yappin about talent and not wanting blame PAGCRAP but I just showed you how wrong you are....

Can you name the super stars in the Pats D?  Yes or no?

And if they named them you’d just say they looked it up on the internet, so why waste their time?

3 hours ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Did anyone else catch this? Not sure how to describe it other than it seems that Chuck has completely accepted his fate at this point.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nfl/colts/2017/11/27/chuck-pagano-really-loosens-up-news-conference/899482001/

Thanks for that video. If one was listening only to the sound one would conclude by his words the speaker was a punch-drunk old boxer standing on a street corner talking to passing traffic. He has truly lost it and I think he will be thankful when this is over because he simply is out of ideas. 

Just now, Coltfreak said:

It's not THEY it's just one person who constantly argues it's not Pagcrap fault.    And he can look all he wants.   There are none.   NONE!    Same with the Saints.  NONE!    It's coaching and scheme.   They both came from last and dead last to the tops in the league with the same players.

I said they because I don’t know if I was referring to a male or female.

And you really need to calm down there sport. The pats D is 11th in points allowed but in the bottom half for all other stats. Hardly “tops”.

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I said they because I don’t know if I was referring to a male or female.

And you really need to calm down there sport. The pats D is 11th in points allowed but in the bottom half for all other stats. Hardly “tops”.

I see They have dropped in the last couple of weeks so I stand corrected.    Yet they have less talent....   they have still come from #32 to 11 and the Saint were at the bottom also and have improved constantly.   The point is that not everyone has super talent.  All teams have issues.   But are being coached. The Colts actually have better talent on D than the Pats and Saints 

I like Chuck more after that, but it's usually a red flag when the coach concedes that we're all just waiting on the implosion's. He's the guy that's supposed to have the answers and he doesn't. That's the why. He's done here. If the team keeps fighting for him (which oddly it does..I kind of thought they'd roll over by now) he's got a chance of getting another HC gig.

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I see They have dropped in the last couple of weeks so I stand corrected.    Yet they have less talent....   they have still come from #32 to 11 and the Saint were at the bottom also and have improved constantly.   The point is that not everyone has super talent.  All teams have issues.   But are being coached. The Colts actually have better talent on D than the Pats and Saints 

Let's not fight people.  The fact is since 2012 the colts have one of the lower, if not the lowest, draft retention in the league.  Part of that is poor drafting under Grigson, but it is equally on the coaching staff to develop the talent.  The argument that Pagano should keep his job based on poor talent is actually an indictment of his own performance as a head coach. Even with a new gm:  2nd, 3rd, 4th rd (Banner)  picks all invisible..........6 years of this, I have to look at the common denominator.  GM, position coaches, coodinators, players  have all been fired and the product on the field has gotten consistently  worse.  Like it or not, and by his own doing, Chuck is the last man standing.  

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Dumbness? Really ? You may question his coaching but calling him dumb?  Just remember when you point a finger and call someone dumb there is three pointing back.

I can't speak to his intelligence, but I am pretty sure I am now "dumber" for having listened to his press conference.

2 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Let's not fight people.  The fact is since 2012 the colts have one of the lower, if not the lowest, draft retention in the league.  Part of that is poor drafting under Grigson, but it is equally on the coaching staff to develop the talent.  The argument that Pagano should keep his job based on poor talent is actually an indictment of his own performance as a head coach. Even with a new gm:  2nd, 3rd, 4th rd (Banner)  picks all invisible..........6 years of this, I have to look at the common denominator.  GM, position coaches, coodinators, players  have all been fired and the product on the field has gotten consistently  worse.  Like it or not, and by his own doing, Chuck is the last man standing.  

I actually want Chud fired more than I want Pagano fired 

3 hours ago, dodsworth said:

His dumbness is hard to take even if he could regularly field

12 win teams. His lame jokes and excuses aren't funny with only 3

wins in the W column.

I'm so ready to move on from this guy even though injuries and

the roster are part of the problem.

Amen. Shouldn’t have wasted a season retaining the guy in the first place. Pretty clear that he wasn’t in Ballard’s long term plans....

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I actually want Chud fired more than I want Pagano fired 

Why bet on any of them?  With this staff this IS colts football.  Its year 6, just my opinion, but I say let Ballard have his guys and try to salvage what is left of the "Luck era".  Ballard should be allowed to sink or swim on his own merits, not tread water mired in the baggage of the past.  Its why he was hired afterall.

29 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I would disagree whole heartedly on that. Our LB corps alone is abysmal and we have no edge rusher. Our secondary is the only area that’s solid, or was rather.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Every coach needs the personnel to have any scheme or adjustment to work. When the depth and talent level is so poor no matter what Chuck or any other coach does it's not going to be successful. Going into this season we all knew it was rebuilding year and those who are familiar with the NFL knew it would take time. To expect Pagano or any other coach to make this team a winner was unrealistic from the start.

No one was expecting Chuck to make a winner of this team, & that’s not how he’ll be evaluated. The way that he’s losing these games is ultimately what’ll do him in.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

No one was expecting Chuck to make a winner of this team, & that’s not how he’ll be evaluated. The way that he’s losing these games is ultimately what’ll do him in.

Yep, It's Chucks fumbling and pick sixes that is costing him his job.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Well-coached teams should be able to overcome a turnover or 2, as it’s bound to happen. And Brissett didn’t throw an interception yesterday, let alone a pick 6. As a matter of fact, in the last 6 games, Brissett has only thrown 2 picks, total.

13 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Uh, this is HIS team,  he's coaching in his 6th year.......

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Well-coached teams should be able to overcome a turnover or 2, as it’s bound to happen. And Brissett didn’t throw an interception yesterday, let alone a pick 6. As a matter of fact, in the last 6 games, Brissett has only thrown 2 picks, total.

Talent poor teams have a much harder time overcoming turnovers. Coaches aren’t magic wands or give their players a +3 to winning.

11 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

No but it's his job to coach fundamentals, motivate and discipline

players for making dumb mistakes. A lot of these problems are 

lack of coaching or motivation issues to play fundamental football

which can be attributed to coaching.

2 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

No but it's his job to coach fundamentals, motivate and discipline

players for making dumb mistakes. A lot of these problems are 

lack of coaching or motivation issues to play fundamental football

which can be attributed to coaching.

Motivation, NO Quit, No problem.  Discipline?  Ask Wilson and Davis.  Fundamentals, improving every week, Especially young players. Players making dumb mistakes, PLAYERS making dumb mistakes. 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but Texans missed the extra point and they still counted it lmao Not even Gruden questioned it. He clearly missed it haha These REFS and announcers must be on drugs. That was wide left. It should be 6-0 or wide right depending on what angle you are looking at it! But he missed it. What the hell!

Weird........

58 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

I would disagree whole heartedly on that. Our LB corps alone is abysmal and we have no edge rusher. Our secondary is the only area that’s solid, or was rather.

Compare the players on this team with other teams.     You will find that there are more teams than you realize with the same or lessor talent 

how about the offensive side of the ball.....   why are we not winning this division even with Brissett?    He is not that much different than Mariotta or Bortles.  Offensive talent is very comparable throughout the AFC south.   

Jags have a better D and RB.    Tenn D is not better....  in fat we got outplayed by lessor talent yeterday

all coaching and scheme

I don't know. This seemed like a guy who knows the train has derailed totally, but it's ok. We've seen him tense in similar situations in the past. 

They said the wins and losses wouldn't determine his fate. They wanted to see him develop young players. 

We've seen a lot of positive things this season from a few players. He has a legitimate point when he says "if Luck were playing most of these late collapses don't happen. We've got a guy out there who has learned the playbook on the fly because he hasn't even been here since the preseason."

I get the feeling that Irsay and Ballard have maybe not liked what they've seen this season, but at least have found some false sense of encouragement like I have with these strange defenses of Pagano within the last 24 hours. I think he knows they will have a chance to fix it next year, and he's just been told to make what he can out of the rest of this season. 

The players still love him and are fiercely loyal to him, and he just doesn't have the look of a guy who thinks or knows he's about to lose his job, or even feels like he might lose it. 

I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I would bet money he'll be back next year. In fact, I feel more confident that he will be back next year than I did feel confident he would be gone at the end of the season this time a year ago. 

5 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Compare the players on this team with other teams.     You will find that there are more teams than you realize with the same or lessor talent 

how about the offensive side of the ball.....   why are we not winning this division even with Brissett?    He is not that much different than Mariotta or Bortles.  Offensive talent is very comparable throughout the AFC south.   

Jags have a better D and RB.    Tenn D is not better....  in fat we got outplayed by lessor talent yeterday

all coaching and scheme

Have any evidence to back that up (first paragraph)?

I like Brissett but he’s about as mobile as that Manning statue in front of LOS. Couple that with our basement-dwelling O-line and there’s your answer to that.

Gonna have to disagree with you on Ten having an inferior D. Our DBs are better but their D-line is very good. Match that against our O-line and that’s why we lost.

Part coaching/scheme, part personnel.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

I'll bite.

This coming from someone who wants Pagano gone desperately. 

Branch, Flowers and Guy are equal to any DE we have including Hankins, Ridgeway and Anderson.

Brown is better than what we got.  I'd love to hear the argument here for Woods who is a fine player but below Brown.  And Brown is an average maybe slightly above average player. 

I'm not even sure you want me to mention linebackers.  These alone could wipe the floor with your argument but sure why not.  Hightower and Flowers are the players our LB dream of being.  Harris, Reilly, and Noy would start on this team.  (one of our linebackers couldn't break their starting lineup with those guys lol)

Oh boy when it comes to DB's... lol

Butler, Gilmore, Chung, and McCourty have bout 4 times the pedigree our backfield has, in their thumbs. And we have rookies.  

So when you say the Colts have better talent on D than the Pats... Where? lol.  They not only have better talent they have better depth. And FYI they haven't dropped the past couple of weeks.  They've actually improved in almost every category.  At the beginning of the year they were terrible. 

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I know that. And no one was expecting them to win this year, so I’m not sure what you mean.

I mean he's built this coaching staff, these are his guys.  He's coached this team for six years.  It is what is because of him, not in spite of him.  Not expecting him to win with the team that he himself has built is absurd.  I dont know any other way to say it.

Just now, Sumo63 said:

I mean he's built this coaching staff, these are his guys.  He's coached this team for six years.  It is what is because of him, not in spite of him.  Not expecting him to win with the team that he himself has built is absurd.  I dont know any other way to say it.

You’re agreeing with me then. I was saying no one expected him to win because pretty much everything he’s built so far has been bad.

19 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Have any evidence to back that up (first paragraph)?

I like Brissett but he’s about as mobile as that Manning statue in front of LOS. Couple that with our basement-dwelling O-line and there’s your answer to that.

Gonna have to disagree with you on Ten having an inferior D. Our DBs are better but their D-line is very good. Match that against our O-line and that’s why we lost.

Part coaching/scheme, part personnel.

Point one.   Just look at the other teams in the league. Every team has holes and many of them.

we out scored them for 3 quarters.  Other than the fumble that gave them great field position we held them to 13 points.   We held them under 100 rush and 184 passing.   We rushed for 89 and 196  passing.     They got. Lot of sacks because of poor play design and Brissett holding ball to long.  But other than the sacks (which every team gets against us).  I dot think they are better.   At least not yesterday 

Bill Bellicheck would have this team in the playoffs with the talent on the field 

on offense.  Gore is better than Lewis.  TY is better than Cook.   Front is better than Doyle and Brady is Better of course but their Offens doesn't have a bunch of superstars either

its coaching and scheme that gets them wins.   Not overall talent    Except for Brady/Gronk

11 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

I'll bite.

This coming from someone who wants Pagano gone desperately. 

Branch, Flowers and Guy are equal to any DE we have including Hankins, Ridgeway and Anderson.

Brown is better than what we got.  I'd love to hear the argument here for Woods who is a fine player but below Brown.  And Brown is an average maybe slightly above average player. 

I'm not even sure you want me to mention linebackers.  These alone could wipe the floor with your argument but sure why not.  Hightower and Flowers are the players our LB dream of being.  Harris, Reilly, and Noy would start on this team.  (one of our linebackers couldn't break their starting lineup with those guys lol)

Oh boy when it comes to DB's... lol

Butler, Gilmore, Chung, and McCourty have bout 4 times the pedigree our backfield has, in their thumbs. And we have rookies.  

So when you say the Colts have better talent on D than the Pats... Where? lol.  They not only have better talent they have better depth. And FYI they haven't dropped the past couple of weeks.  They've actually improved in almost every category.  At the beginning of the year they were terrible. 

I never said the colts players were better..... I said there are no superstars on that defense.....   CrazyColt  seems to believe that unless we have the 85 Bears out there then Pagano is blameless for any losses.