Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Doyel the front runner

Hoose

I've been saying since his outburst in the video after the Jags game that he's trying to get fired. He's trying to cross the line with the Star, or get his credentials with the Colts revoked and make him useless to the Star and get canned. So far it's just not working for him.

He may have to resort to running into traffic, it doesn't seem these antics are going to grant him freedom. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

When you resort to petty insults, I tend not to take you seriously and stick to my opinion even more. 

Seems very hypocritical that’d you say that, yet you’d admit that you like Doyel’s work. His opinions belong somewhere in the bowels of reddit, not in a publication that costs money. Wasn’t trying to change your opinion, btw, stating my opinion that his work is trash.

1 minute ago, corgi said:

Seems very hypocritical that’d you say that, yet you’d admit that you like Doyel’s work. His opinions belong somewhere in the bowels of reddit, not in a publication that costs money. Wasn’t trying to change your opinion, btw, stating my opinion that his work is trash.

I like Doyle because he is an honest fan of the team, yet he gives an honest evaluation of how the team is doing. He's harsh, but he's as frustrated as we are and voices it with a larger platform. If you want a Colts writer to be positive, that's your cup of tea. I want one that is honest, and Doyle is that. 

22 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

You are correct. As much as Youth and HS try to win a championship though, the ultimate goal is to get noticed by colleges and get a scholarship in the sport you play, with the ultimate goal of possibly reaching the pros one day. Youth and HS are nowhere near under the pressure that the pros are. Most aren't good enough already, and they will get degrees elsewhere and that's that. Pros spent their whole life getting there, trying to make 1 of 32 teams and playing at a world class level where they could get cut for any reason. They also have to try and start over other world class players while learning a playbook and not making mistakes character-wise off the field. Youth and High Schoolers are competing against weak competition and the good ones will stand out, the pros you are just one of the guys if that most of the time.

The ultimate goal to youth sports has nothing to do with getting a scholarship to play in college.   A very small percentage of players reach that level

Bottomline is, we don't have Luck so it is what it is. How about them Packers without Rodgers?

How about thEM Vikings with Keenum.  What?  You mean a team can actually do good with a serviceable QB if the team is coached up properly?  Amazing.  I am so tired of Luck isn't here and the team is hurt and we are missing key players.  Guess what?  Every friggin team in the NFL goes through this.  Every team.  The Pats lost Brady, won 11 games.  They weren't whining about losing Brady.  That team was coached up.  Granted they didn't make the playoffs, but 11 wins.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY.  STOP WITH THE INJURY CRAP.  Every single team in the NFL deals with key injuries.  Some worse than others.  How the teaM performs despite those injuries tells how good the coaching staff is.  This team plays well enough in most games to win.  Brissett isn't Luck but he is a decent QB.  This team loses every single game in the 2nd half.  I HAVE NEWS FOR ALL OF YOU DEFENDERS OF PAGANO.  IT'S HIM.  IT'S HIS APPROACH TO COACHING.  IT'S HIS GAMEPLAN.  IT'S HIS HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS.  IT IS ALL ON PAGANO.  PERIOD!!!

43 minutes ago, Superman said:

Not really.

My thoughts exactly. I don't read much of his but this isn't like a guy that grew up a Colts fan or anything. He spent most of his time in Florida and is probably resentful to have to cover the Colts as it seems he was going in the right direction in life but now its taking a turn for the worse. Almost everything I've read seems bitter and sour. I mean even read his bio he really thinks highly of his athletic days in high school. Really?? He writes for clicks now and wants to be edgy and with the team losing and the turmoil he knows the way to get attention in the national media market where he really wants to be is to write controversial stories about how bad the Colts are blowing up and the disfunction etc. I've not seen anything to suggest he actually likes Indy or any of its teams especially. Honestly its hard to find good media writers (sorry no offense @NewColtsFan)that don't have agenda or bias or trying spin something for their gain.

18 hours ago, dgambill said:

My thoughts exactly. I don't read much of his but this isn't like a guy that grew up a Colts fan or anything. He spent most of his time in Florida and is probably resentful to have to cover the Colts as it seems he was going in the right direction in life but now its taking a turn for the worse. Almost everything I've read seems bitter and sour. I mean even read his bio he really thinks highly of his athletic days in high school. Really?? He writes for clicks now and wants to be edgy and with the team losing and the turmoil he knows the way to get attention in the national media market where he really wants to be is to write controversial stories about how bad the Colts are blowing up and the disfunction etc. I've not seen anything to suggest he actually likes Indy or any of its teams especially. Honestly its hard to find good media writers (sorry no offense @NewColtsFan)that don't have agenda or bias or trying spin something for their gain.

Bob Kravitz is the only writer who has been here since the start of the Colts and has always stayed unbiased to a point.  Even during the "great years" of Manning he wrote many times that this was a team built on one guy, who cannot win with the pressure on.  He took heat but in the end he was right for the most part. 

Doyle is someone who just writes negative opinion pieces.  The only positive thing I have seen from him was his spin on the new look Pacers now, and he still have negative stuff in it as well.  Never been a fan of his!