Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We certainly have a chance against Denver and Houston

BlueShoe

Colts are currently batting 5th (with 5 games to go)

We certainly have a chance against Denver and Houston. I am going to predict we will end the season with anywhere from 3 to 5 wins. It is hard to imagine we will not be picking in the top 10.

If the season ended today, the 2018 draft order would be:

1. Cleveland Browns (0-11)
2. San Francisco 49ers (1-10)
3. New York Giants (2-9)
4. Denver Broncos (3-8)
5. Indianapolis Colts (3-8)
6. Chicago Bears (3-8)
7. New York Jets (4-7)
8. Miami Dolphins (4-7)
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-7)
10. Houston Texans (4-6, traded to Browns)

With two winnable games on the schedule, this will get interesting down the stretch, especially if we beat Houston again. The Texans (Browns) could be picking in front of us. 

13 - Dec 03 - IND @ JAX    
14 - Dec 10 - IND @ BUF    
15 - Dec 14 - DEN @ IND    
16 - Dec 23 - IND @ BAL    
17 - Dec 31 - HOU @ IND

4 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Colts are currently batting 4th (with 5 games to go)

We certainly have a chance against Denver and Houston. I am going to predict we will end the season with anywhere from 3 to 5 wins. It is hard to imagine we will not be picking in the top 10.

1. Cleveland Browns

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. New York Giants

4. Indianapolis Colts

With two winnable games on the schedule, this will get interesting down the stretch, especially if we beat Houston again. The Texans could be picking in front of us. 

13 - Dec 03 - IND @ JAX    
14 - Dec 10 - IND @ BUF    
15 - Dec 14 - DEN @ IND    
16 - Dec 23 - IND @ BAL    
17 - Dec 31 - HOU @ IND

I see us getting shutout by jags and bal tolzien will prob start versus buffalo as brissett might not survive jags game. Den might be only winnable game left as their offense is horrendous. I think texans beat us in a close one

14 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

Colts are currently batting 4th (with 5 games to go)

1. Cleveland Browns

2. San Francisco 49ers

3. New York Giants

4. Indianapolis Colts

With two winnable games on the schedule, this will get interesting down the stretch, especially if we beat Houston again. The Texans could be picking in front of us. 

13 - Dec 03 - IND @ JAX    
14 - Dec 10 - IND @ BUF    
15 - Dec 14 - DEN @ IND    
16 - Dec 23 - IND @ BAL    
17 - Dec 31 - HOU @ IND

Texans won't be picking, as they traded their pick to the Browns in the trade to move up for Watson.

We could possibly see a scenario where the three teams picking ahead of the Colts are all in the market for a QB in the draft, although SF will probably stick with Garoppolo for a while at least. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Eli Manning retire after this season. That could leave the Colts with the pick of the litter as far as non-QBs are concerned, or a wild card to play if there is another QB-hungry team looking to move up. There should be at least three, and possibly four, starter-caliber rookies available to the Colts in those first four rounds. 

I'm assuming we'd also pick before all teams that have the same record as us if I'm not mistaken because of our easy strength of schedule?

We're ending with 5 wins max if they 'ball-out'. I'm guessing a win vs Buff and losing the rest.

1 hour ago, Coltfreak said:

ESPN updated the Colts at #4 heading into this week. 

Doesn’t matter though. The two teams still have to play one another, and that will likely decide it. 

Aside from a couple of games, we've had a chance in a lot of these losses. Denver is bad enough and enough of a mess that they might not win the rest of the year. I don't know about Houston, they put up 31 last week, and Savage looked competent. 

I think we could win any of the other three games, also. I wouldn't bet on it, but none of them are good enough or consistent enough to be counted on to take care of business on any given day. 

I'd say we finish 4-12, and I'd guess that one win comes against Denver. 

Also, as far as draft position, a poster here did a research piece before the draft that identified different rates of success based on where the team is drafting, and it suggested that picking between 1-6 gave the greatest chance of success, so anything in the top six should be fine. It also suggested the next tier is 7-15, and that picking at 15 for some reason works out just as often as picking at 1. 

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

ESPN updated the Colts at #4 heading into this week. 

Doesn’t matter though. The two teams still have to play one another, and that will likely decide it. 

That was going into this week. Denver moved ahead as their strength of schedule ended up weaker than the Colts following this week's games. It could matter as Denver and us could still end up with the same record regardless of who wins the match up.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

That was going into this week. Denver moved ahead as their strength of schedule ended up weaker than the Colts following this week's games. It could matter as Denver and us could still end up with the same record regardless of who wins the match up.

Likely not the case. I think either us or Denver will go winless the rest of the way. 

I actually think we have a decent shot at winning any of our remaining matchups, even the jaguars. We have hung tough with every team since the seahawks and even gave them a run for a half. It doesn't mean much since we have lost the majority of those games, but it is encouraging that we have at least been in position to win a lot of our previous games. That's more than a team like, say... the browns can claim. #sorrynotsorry

It gives me hope for next year. 

5 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

So, if there is a playmaker at ILB, a great pass rusher, a dynamic RB and a can’t - miss Olineman, which do you get (or do you trade out)?

Can't just say that it depends where you trade back to if we can move back and still grab one of those players of trade back but if not I'd take the ILB or the OL

2 hours ago, austriancolt said:

Colts will find a way to screw up the draft position. Hope we lose! Let Tolzien play!

We don't need him to play, we have Chuck as HC to do that and the many me first players who get a thrill making a catch for 5 years, Like to see Donte leave in 18

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Under the current management and coaching staff they could have 22 HOFs and not play four quarters. Right now it is not who they draft rather, who they fire in the office.

WRONG on all points. Get it together man.

We Could get some bounces and win a couple. But our o-line and secret defensive weapon can be counted on.
 We gotta find a way.                                                3-13

At this point they aren't making the playoffs so I'd rather almost lose out for the best draft pick possible. And why would the Giants be picking before Indy? I would think the strength of schedule would favor Indy with the week schedule they've had this year for the most part. 

13 hours ago, HarryTheCat said:

We could possibly see a scenario where the three teams picking ahead of the Colts are all in the market for a QB in the draft, although SF will probably stick with Garoppolo for a while at least. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Eli Manning retire after this season. That could leave the Colts with the pick of the litter as far as non-QBs are concerned, or a wild card to play if there is another QB-hungry team looking to move up. There should be at least three, and possibly four, starter-caliber rookies available to the Colts in those first four rounds. 

I'd much rather have a talented QB be available when the Colts pick so that they can get a good amount of draft picks in return from a team needing a QB. Then take someone like OG Quenton Nelson after the trade down. 

We have a chance to win all of our remaining games.  I predict we win the first half in all of them, and then fail to hold the lead and lose all but one of our remaining games.  Somehow, we'll win one of those despite trying to lose it, a la the OT win over the 49ers.  Final record 4-12.  Imagine what the fans in Denver are feeling, they won the Super Bowl 2 years ago, have been in 2 of the last 4 Super Bowls, and they may finish 4-12, also.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

I wasn't stating opinion , just the fact that as of yesterday , we pick 5th and Denver picks 4th. 

As of today, here is the draft order (below).  This will likey change over the next 5 weeks. Hell, there will be some changes after next week. 

Notable games next week are:

49ers at Bears

Broncos at Dolphins

Browns at Chargers

Giants at Oakland

3. New York Giants (2-9)
4. Denver Broncos (3-8)
6. Chicago Bears (3-8)
7. New York Jets (4-7)
8. Miami Dolphins (4-7)

1 minute ago, BlueShoe said:

As of today, here is the draft order (below).  This will likey change over the next 5 weeks. Hell, a lot it will change after next week. 

Notable games next week are:

49ers at Bears

Broncos at Dolphins

Browns at Chargers

Giants at Oakland

3. New York Giants (2-9)
4. Denver Broncos (3-8)
6. Chicago Bears (3-8)
7. New York Jets (4-7)
8. Miami Dolphins (4-7)

Third pick is still realistic, I've been pulling hard for Eli.

No way we get #1,2, they've (sf,cle) got those locked down..lol

6 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

So, if there is a playmaker at ILB, a great pass rusher, a dynamic RB and a can’t - miss Olineman, which do you get (or do you trade out)?

Not an easy decision. I think if we stay, the pick better be someone who makes an impact early. If not then Ballard is going to take some serious heat for it. He has tough decisions to make.