Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano has to go?

dgouvion

It was Andrew Luck who carried Pagano on his back through those successful seasons and when Luck is playing injured or out Pagano's poor coaching ability manifest itself even more both offense and defense. There inability to finish games by blowing it in the second half or 4th quarter shows inability to scheme and adjust to his opponent. Time for a coaching overhaul.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, sfergson727 said:

Whoever put together this offensive line should do some time in prison.

LOL...And I can trump up just the right charges...conspiracy to commit assault and battery, assault & battery, and franchise quarterback endangerment.  Named defendants are:  Irsay, Pagano and Ryan Grigson. 

Also file a separate civil action for gross negligence to recover restitution for Andrew Luck and a class action civil suit on the behalf of every Colts fan for intentional infliction of emotional distress.  

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He may not even get us a high pick 

They suck man. They ain't winning many more, especially as guys keep dropping.

They probably have one or two wins TOPS in them. They could go winless also.

Let's just get this death spiral over with at this point. I don't want to watch much more of this season..lol

6 minutes ago, IinD said:

Let's just get this death spiral over with at this point. I don't want to watch much more of this season..lol

Amen to that.  lol

i'll say this I'm not going to lose any sleep if we win or we lose or who the coach is of the COLTS. Yes its always better to win and makes for a great day and I'm usually in a better mood with a win. That being said I think Pagano is showing more and more reason why he is still a head coach.  If you watch this last presser he is holding players accountable, that doesn't mean he needs to bash them or single any certain player out.  He has had his team in most of the games this year even without his star QB.  

26 minutes ago, IinD said:

I know they suck But they have a tendency to win games late every year and screw stuff up 

18 minutes ago, James said:

How is he not?

We are playing without our franchise QB.  Our team is not all that talented -- some of this may be on Pagano, but if you believe that Grigs was in full control of the ship (what players to bring in, and what players to put on the field, etc.) then you can say he's working with a less than optimal OL, LB Corps, WR corps, secondary, TE group, along with a back-up QB.

The lack of ability to adjust in game is very frustrating. Our continued woes in the 2nd half are also very frustrating.  Some of this blame has to go to the coaching staff, starting with Pagano as head coach.  However, some of this can be attributed to lack of talent across the board on this team and a lack of player execution (e.g., Pagano didn't fumble the ball in our own territory when we had a 10 point lead).

Pagano obviously isn't the greatest coach in the NFL, but I think calling him a fraud is a bit much.  I don't think many (if any) coaches in this league would be setting the world on fire with the team we currently have.  We're not too far off, but we definitely need a few more pieces (and some good luck with health) before we can call this a winning team, regardless of coaching staff.

Personally, I think it is time for Pagano to go, if for nothing else than to shake things up as it seems like things are pretty stale.  However, I don't think he's a fraud.

in all seriousness though every week for the past 4 or 5 years now it’s just the same story. The only difference being we’re blowing games in the 2nd half now instead of starting slow and picking it up late. Either way as long as chuck is our coach this is going to continue. End of story. 

1. If the Colts are in to make a difference for the long haul, I still don't understand why they are keeping Pagano up to this point.  He should have been canned weeks ago, it's the same ol nonsense.  Can't fathom the  logic behind this crazy decision to keep him at this point in time.....