Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 blown leads

RockThatBlue

Not really sure why this surprises anyone. This isn't all Brissett's fault but Luck would finish these games by getting enough points to win. Why would anyone expect us to win consistently without our franchise QB? No team does, look at GB without Rodgers - they suck! I think with Luck we are at least 7-4 and I see our D improving. I am already focused on the offseason now = what Coach we hire and Luck's health + the Draft.

The Colts have scored two fourth quarter TDs all season.  That's not a typo.

I don't care if you have the Steel Curtain defense, if your QB can't make a single play in the 4th quarter, you can't win games.  I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it - a QB making this many starts and delivering absolutely nothing in the 4th quarter. 

47 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just heard Lamey say it on the postgame show the Colts have had leads at the end of the 3rd in 8 games.

Colts have only won THREE of them.

I wouldn’t worry about it Blue, they’re working diligently to rectify the issue.  I’m sure they’re conducting a full investigation into the matter as we speak.

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Just heard Lamey say it on the postgame show the Colts have had leads at the end of the 3rd in 8 games.

Colts have only won THREE of them.

Ha. I just posted it was 6.   But you are right.  It was 6 in just the 4th quarter. 8 total 

1 hour ago, LockeDown said:

JB holds the ball so long, I can't tel( (I'm watching on tv) if TY can't get open or what.  He finds Doyle no problem.  Something's not right.

He is worse than Luck because he remains flat footed and just does not seem to see or hear the defense coming right at him. He is at 40 or more sacks. No good.

38 minutes ago, IrishColt22 said:

Have we only played 10 second halves this season?

Since they got shut out by the Jags at home, you could say they didn't play the first or second half of that game, thus leaving you with 10 second halves. 

:lol:....some times you have to laugh to keep from crying.

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Well, they kinda do.

What do our coaches do at halftime? Other teams make adjustments against us and we routinely never have an answer for them. Its baffling.

Its like this coaching staff gets clueless after the other team makes changes. They literally have no idea what to do.

6 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

What do our coaches do at halftime? Other teams make adjustments against us and we routinely never have an answer for them. Its baffling.

Its like this coaching staff gets clueless after the other team makes changes. They literally have no idea what to do.

Our coaches cannot make any sort of adjutstments as Nixon once said, "fire them all."

19 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Lately the coaches have done well (I’ll duck now).  You don’t adjust at the half when what you did was working.  You do have to react to adjustments, and that’s an issue when you don’t have the talent.

It’s not news to anyone that the game is matchups, right?  I give the coaches credit in the last few games for hanging with more talented teams that long.  

What i need to look at on this game is what happened to holding the edge.  They did so well until the 4th.  IMHO, this game wasn’t on the coaches.  

1 hour ago, Smonroe said:

Lately the coaches have done well (I’ll duck now).  You don’t adjust at the half when what you did was working.  You do have to react to adjustments, and that’s an issue when you don’t have the talent.

It’s not news to anyone that the game is matchups, right?  I give the coaches credit in the last few games for hanging with more talented teams that long.  

What i need to look at on this game is what happened to holding the edge.  They did so well until the 4th.  IMHO, this game wasn’t on the coaches.  

Sheard butchered setting the edge for nearly the entire 4th quarter.  Zero contain.