Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Vs. Titans Game Day Thread

LucasOilStadium

6 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Until knocked out for the year, Watson of course was having a great year but of qb’s playing in the division today, Brissett is better than any of the other three statistically and yet people here still complain about him. For a guy playing his first full year on a team with a poor o-line, he has done very well. We are set at qb if we can get Luck back.

He certainly has his flaws, but he’s effectively a rookie and what rookie QB doesn’t have flaws?  Brissett has exceeded my expectations.  He has a LOT of room for improvement, though, but he’s doing okay.  I submit that the play calling of the OC has not been his friend. 

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, GwinnettColt said:

It's terrible. 

They need to address all aspects of the O-line in the offseason...and actually do it.  This includes playcalling, scheme, coaching, and personnel. 

Ask @NFLfan about the difference between Norv Turner and his power run/vertical pass attack  vs. Pat Shurmur and his Andy Reid type 'pass to set up the run' type west Coast offense.  She says they also adopted the ZBS (what % ot time, I'm not sure, i haven't seen much football this year). Shurmur also has spread, and speed up spread under his  belt (Chip Kelly - Eagles).  I'm sure she will say it was a big change, and a welcome one once the team buys in and 'gets it' (knowledge). 

I know many are calling for that from Irsay/Ballard.  I'd like a E-P type concepts offense, personally, but anything better than what we have now.

Colts up 10 points with 6:05 left in the third quarter. 

Colts 16, Titans 6

TEN   IND
First Downs 5   14
Total Yards 110   198
Passing Yards 107   122
Rushing Yards 3   76
Penalties (Yds) 2(15)   3(20)
Turnovers 2   0
Punts (AVG) 1(51)   2(46)
Time of *. 13:54   25:01

20 minutes ago, azcolt said:

Until knocked out for the year, Watson of course was having a great year but of qb’s playing in the division today, Brissett is better than any of the other three statistically and yet people here still complain about him. For a guy playing his first full year on a team with a poor o-line, he has done very well. We are set at qb if we can get Luck back.

Didn't you make a thread calling him terrible?

6 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Another thing I have no idea about... just what is JB's progression order if the 'targeted guy' isn't going to be open?

It is different on every play.

It does appear we are putting in more plays designed to check-downs with the backs though. 

Like old Mariucci would say, Touchdown or Check down!