Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett cleared to play against Tennessee

RockThatBlue

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Doctors aren't going to risk their reputations clearing guys to play when they have concussions...

Teams don't pay them that much

I said the league, not doctors.  I responded to your post about the no call when Brissett got hit. Maybe the officials missed it, but the league  could and should have issued a fine for the helmet contact.

30 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

Interestingly enough, I just read on Colts.com that if Brissett throws one more TD pass of 60 or more yards, he’ll tie the franchise record currently held by Johnny Unitas. 

Thats interesting.  Especially with manning/marvin and luck/arians.

what is the number?

15 hours ago, Roger said:

I said the league, not doctors.  I responded to your post about the no call when Brissett got hit. Maybe the officials missed it, but the league  could and should have issued a fine for the helmet contact.

I didn't see the play.  But I want to point out that once a QB leaves the pocket and is no longer throwing, he loses his  'protection {defenseless player} and helmet to helmet is allowed on 'runners'.  Not sure if any of this applied to JB though...

7 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I didn't see the play.  But I want to point out that once a QB leaves the pocket and is no longer throwing, he loses his  'protection {defenseless player} and helmet to helmet is allowed on 'runners'.  Not sure if any of this applied to JB though...

brissett was on the run, it was a helmet to helmet hit.

i didnt think those were allowed, but it happened pretty low to the ground and was hard to see

edit- found a replay http://cdn.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/21392060/indianapolis-colts-quarterback-jacoby-brissett-enters-concussion-protocol-following-sunday-loss-pittsburgh-steelers

the rule mentions the crown of the helmet specifically, i think one could argue the defender did lead with the crown, though not the very top portion.

28 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

brissett was on the run, it was a helmet to helmet hit.

i didnt think those were allowed, but it happened pretty low to the ground and was hard to see

edit- found a replay http://cdn.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/21392060/indianapolis-colts-quarterback-jacoby-brissett-enters-concussion-protocol-following-sunday-loss-pittsburgh-steelers

the rule mentions the crown of the helmet specifically, i think one could argue the defender did lead with the crown, though not the very top portion.

If that hit is permitted by the current rules, then the NFL is certainly not serious about preventing brain damage.

25 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I think he leads all current QBs in that dept.

Not too shabby for a 1st year starter thrust into the starting role for a new team after only being here a couple of weeks.  I think when all is said and done, he’ll be one of the better backup QBs in the league.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That would be a nice record to have considering the QB's we have had.

No kidding.  After the panic acquisition, it sure would be sweet to have it on the resume saying, “In my first year with the Colts, I broke a franchise record held by Johnny Unitas, a record that has withstood the careers of Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, and (so far) Andrew Luck.”

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

No kidding.  After the panic acquisition, it sure would be sweet to have it on the resume saying, “In my first year with the Colts, I broke a franchise record held by Johnny Unitas, a record that has withstood the careers of Bert Jones, Peyton Manning, and (so far) Andrew Luck.”

I like Brissett too. I think he is a Great backup. Whether he can be a Good Starter moving forward we will see. I hope Andrew gets back to 100% which I think he will, if not we may need Brissett a lot next season too.