Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Can we have a little sympathy for Dallas?

oldunclemark

It's not nearly as big a deal as people are making out of it. The dynasty lost 2 straight, the first 2 no less, without Emmitt. When he came back the won the SB. Now no Zeke isn't coming back that fast but Dak wasn't going to be perfect again either. My original prediction was an unappreciated 9-7 season for the Cowboys. That's probably where they would be with Zeke plus Dak's sophomore stumble. 

No one shed a tear for NE when Tom was forced to sit out for much lesser perceived violations....why would we feel bad for Dallas? I don't blame the league for trying to come down hard on players that have possibly violated and physically harmed women....especially in this current culture we are in now....they are going to take a hard line on that.

I think it's funny they are losing. I get to caught up in what the media says though and what fans Post in general on websites I admit. Meaning a QB has 1 Very Good/Great season and almost everyone thinks they are a God = Carr, Dak, Winston, Cousins, etc.. None of those QB's will sniff the Playoffs this season. None of them have had the Career Andrew Luck has had either and Luck hasn't been healthy in 2 years.

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, dgambill said:

No one shed a tear for NE when Tom was forced to sit out for much lesser perceived violations....why would we feel bad for Dallas? I don't blame the league for trying to come down hard on players that have possibly violated and physically harmed women....especially in this current culture we are in now....they are going to take a hard line on that.

So cheating is less perceived? 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

So cheating is less perceived? 

Sorry...maybe misworded it. The evidence in both is perceived...the investigations I wouldn't say are conclusive in either....all I meant was the crime is much much less. The qbs get to doctor the balls all week...it made no difference in the outcome of the game that they probably were doctored a little after the refs expected them. Do I think the Pats covered it up and lied...sure...but a 4 game suspension and the circus around it was ridiculous. If the NFL had just came out and fined the Pats (the typical penalty for such actions) it should never have came to a suspension....but Elliott....this to me is a big issue...one that should bear the weight of suspension...so no I don't feel sorry. That was all I meant by it. It was poorly worded. Sometimes I type from my cell and its a real pain so I don't do the best job wording what I'm saying.

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Go Chargers! Rivers is the best QB in that Division, I hope they keep rolling. I am now rooting for the Titans in the South too.

We had a ROUGH transition with the head coaching change, and working out what our Offense would look like and the defense changing from a hybrid 3-4 to a 4-3 AND the move to LA and...

But we are young and hungry and Philip has more years left in him and still loves the game (and his family doesn't want him to stop playing).  There's absolutely no quit in our team and that's the best thing as their confidence grows.

5 minutes ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

We had a ROUGH transition with the head coaching change, and working out what our Offense would look like and the defense changing from a hybrid 3-4 to a 4-3 AND the move to LA and...

But we are young and hungry and Philip has more years left in him and still loves the game (and his family doesn't want him to stop playing).  There's absolutely no quit in our team and that's the best thing as their confidence grows.

I have always liked Rivers as a QB. Most Colts fans hate him because of our history but my respect for him is huge. He took Peyton on many times and beat him a few times. He is a lot like Luck IMO

6 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Personally, I thoroughly enjoyed the whooping' my boys gave the "boys!"  Gotta resolve the kicking position though, geez....  

I might pull for you guys to win that division. The Chiefs are self-destructing and can't catch up to the Pats now (even though they have a tiebreaker), plus the Bills have beaten everyone in your division except for the Chargers, so if you win the AFC West, it makes the Bills getting into the playoffs a bit easier (we'd have tiebreakers over the Chiefs/Broncos/Raiders, but not you guys). I'll believe it when I see it but 9-7 may get into the playoffs in the AFC this year. Bills could do that by beating the Dolphins both times and the Colts (already wrote off both Patriots games, so we're on thin ice as is).

For your kicking position, seems to be a recent curse with the Cowboys. The Eagles kicker got injured at the beginning of the game (which was the Sunday before the Thanksgiving game) and the Eagles went for it on 4th down in the red zone each time and went for 2 after scoring TDs, and was largely successful on that front.