Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns cant go 0-16, can they?

oldunclemark

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:07 PM, chad72 said:

The Bears are their last chance.

I said before, when Brett Hundley comes to Cleveland, they will be playing for dear life and have a good chance. They blew it, now they are going to hope the Bears blow it but somehow, I see 0-16 written all over them unless Pittsburgh beat the Patriots and rest their starters for game 16.

With Miami's win Monday, this scenario is more possible

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:03 PM, oldunclemark said:

Cleveland (0-14)

12-24 at Bears (4-10)

12-31 at Pittsburgh (11-3)

Pittsburgh now must win that final game.

Browns must 'Bear down' or perfection is near.

..Getting the No. 1 overall draft choice sure lifted Cleveland from last year, didn't it?

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

A snow storm is headed for Chicago for the ultimate showdown between the Browns (0-14)  and the mighty, mighty Bears (4-10)

With terrible weather you'd think the Browns would have a good shot at a win. But I'm sure they'll find a way to lose regardless.

27 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So was Denver..

Meant a lot, didnt it?

Not for winning teams . The Colts probably have one of the worst preseason records in football the last 20 years . But when the first teams played the Browns looked decent.  An 0-16 season probably wasn't expected.  I could be wrong but I think the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason too a few years back and did likewise.  

6 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

They can and they will. Ironically they were 4-0 in the preseason . 

2 hours ago, mahagga73 said:

Not for winning teams . The Colts probably have one of the worst preseason records in football the last 20 years . But when the first teams played the Browns looked decent.  An 0-16 season probably wasn't expected.  I could be wrong but I think the Lions were 4-0 in the preseason too a few years back and did likewise.  

Yes indeed.  2008 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in regular season.

Cleveland has a better roster than the Colts.   They'll also have the 1st and the 5th pick in the draft.  They have 3 2nd round picks too.    Browns fans can be optimistic.   They have a great draft coming.  

First round: (2) Own pick, Texans' pick via 2017 draft-day trade.

Second round: (3) Own pick, Eagles' pick via 2016 draft-day trade, Texans' pick via Brock Osweiler trade.

Third round: (1) Own pick.

Fourth round: (2) Own pick, Panthers' pick via Andy Lee trade.

Fifth round: (2) Own pick, Chiefs' pick (conditional) via Cam Erving trade.

Sixth round: (2) Own pick, Steelers' pick via Justin Gilbert trade.

Seventh round: (1) Own pick.

Are ya'll actually arguing about preseason, complete with Peyton Manning damage control???

I was reading that Haslam is basically so paranoid about being labeled an impatient owner now that he was going to give Hue Jackson another year as long as he won a game! That doesn't look like it's going to happen so we'll see.

7 hours ago, Myles said:

Cleveland has a better roster than the Colts.   They'll also have the 1st and the 5th pick in the draft.  They have 3 2nd round picks too.    Browns fans can be optimistic.   They have a great draft coming.  

Cleveland does not have a better roster than the Colts if you count the Colts players on injured reserve.

'And draft choices means nothing unless you pick well...as Cleveland has proven for years.

Picks are just hope

17 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Yes indeed.  2008 Lions went 4-0 in preseason and 0-16 in regular season.

I think when you have QB issues, maybe you leave your best QB in the game longer which leads to exhibition game wins.

But then undercuts your offense when the real games begin

12 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Cleveland does not have a better roster than the Colts if you count the Colts players on injured reserve.

'And draft choices means nothing unless you pick well...as Cleveland has proven for years.

Picks are just hope

Minus Luck, I would trade the Colts roster with the Browns any day. 

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

and you'd be 0-15, wouldn't you?

And when Luck returns, you'd be out of Luck

I'm not saying that the Browns are better at every position, but I would take that chance.   The Browns are young and poorly coached, but they have talent except at QB.  

Last I read, the Browns had a top 10 offensive line.   I'd certainly take that.  

The Browns have the 24th ranked defensive line (line and LBrs) where as the Colts are at 31.  With a young Garrett, I'd make the trade.

I'm not saying it would be a huge win, but it is close.   I think the Browns roster has the Colts beat on depth.   Ballard has been improving that though.

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 1:54 PM, Myles said:

I'm not saying that the Browns are better at every position, but I would take that chance.   The Browns are young and poorly coached, but they have talent except at QB.  

Last I read, the Browns had a top 10 offensive line.   I'd certainly take that.  

Not saying it isn't there by some metric,

But I'd like to see where the Browns have a Top-20 offensive line..I saw them play the Bears

8 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Not saying it isn't there by some metric,

But I'd like to see where the Browns have a Top-20 offensive line..I saw them play the Bears

I should have added links.

Either way, there is no denying that the Browns offensive line is better than the Colts.  

1 year just isn't enough for Ballard to fix this teams weaknesses.   Depth at almost every position was not there until Ballard got here.   

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I should have added links.

Either way, there is no denying that the Browns offensive line is better than the Colts.  

And there is no denying the Colts are better than the Browns....and have been all year

But this isnt about the Colts. The issue is: Will the Browns beat the Steelers Sunday

They just did.

Always felt that game vs Brett Hundley and the Packers was their best chance, and they blew a 21-7 lead at home in that game. They deserve it.

I am not sure how you can keep a coach that went 1-31 in 2 years. It is their prerogative and problem. 

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

They just did.

Always felt that game vs Brett Hundley and the Packers was their best chance, and they blew a 21-7 lead at home in that game. They deserve it.

I am not sure how you can keep a coach that went 1-31 in 2 years. It is their prerogative and problem. 

They deserve it and the4y earned it.

Couldn't have said it better.