Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Browns cant go 0-16, can they?

oldunclemark

On 11/24/2017 at 8:44 AM, oldunclemark said:

IF Pittsburgh clinches the division and rests all their players......maybe? 

Last season Pittsburgh rested all three Killer Bees (Ben, Brown, and Bell) in Week 17. They beat Cleveland without all of their starters.

I do not anticipate Landry Jones, Martavis Bryant, and James Connor starting for the Steelers this year. They will have to play for HFA or at least a playoff bye.

On 11/23/2017 at 6:35 PM, oldunclemark said:

Cleveland (0-10)

Nov. 26 @ Cincinnati

Dec. 3  @ San Diego (in Los Angeles)

Dec. 10 (home) Green Bay

Dec, 17 (home) Baltimore

Dec. 24 @ Bears

Dec. 31 @ Pittsburgh

Is Aaron Rodgers going to be back by Dec. 10?

No, Aaron Rodgers is expected back with 2 games to go, so the Packers have to hope for a "chance" at a wild card. I don't see it happening. He is scheduled to come back at home vs the Vikings.

24 minutes ago, chad72 said:

No, Aaron Rodgers is expected back with 2 games to go, so the Packers have to hope for a "chance" at a wild card. I don't see it happening. He is scheduled to come back at home vs the Vikings.

Nobody on the team is expecting Aaron Rodgers to return this season. They only say there is a "chance" because the team is not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yet. Once that happens there's no reason to put #12 on the field. We saw what happened to Tony Romo when the Cowboys brought him back too early just to let him play.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, oldunclemark said:

Cleveland (0-11)

Dec. 3  @ San Diego (in Los Angeles)

Dec. 10 (home) Green Bay

Dec, 17 (home) Baltimore

Dec. 24 @ Bears

Dec. 31 @ Pittsburgh

Rodgers wont play on the 10th....

..but the Steelers will probably need that Dec. 31 game.

The quest continues

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:35 PM, oldunclemark said:

On 11/27/2017 at 12:41 AM, NorthernBlue said:

Hundley looked pretty good tonight in Pittsburgh...so that games likely gonna be tough too.

Honestly their best shot is week 16 at Chicago, but that's a roadie against a tough front seven.

The Steelers game further boosted my confidence that Green Bay will beat Cleveland in case I needed any more.

Oh they can and will go 0-16...the tanking has already started and its being done HARD! Giants just benched their 2x SB winning qb to tank for a better pick. Denver is having guys get thrown out of games on like the first play. SF trades for their franchise qb and then proceeds to sit him...even after 3 weeks and bye to get ready....now being forced to play him only after an injury. The only team trying to win is the Colts to save the coaches job but they are so inept they keep screwing away late leads. Crazy the extent teams will go through for a top pick.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

The Giants don't need to tank. They already were locked in at the #3 pick.

The Giants being locked in at #3 is not even close to being true.  A Giants win next week and a Colts and Denver loss, the Giants would move to #5 as early as next week.  Unless you're trying to say they are so bad that they have no chance to win again this year.  I think with Eli they had a shot at at least 2 more wins this year (2 of WASH, DAL, OAK, and ARI).

On 11/29/2017 at 5:39 PM, ponyboy said:

The Giants being locked in at #3 is not even close to being true.  A Giants win next week and a Colts and Denver loss, the Giants would move to #5 as early as next week.  Unless you're trying to say they are so bad that they have no chance to win again this year.  I think with Eli they had a shot at at least 2 more wins this year (2 of WASH, DAL, OAK, and ARI).

Eli Manning was benched right before his team plays against the RAIDERS. Ben McAdoo could stay all season or lose his job this year, but either way, the Giants still lack decent WRs for whoever plays QB to throw to. If McAdoo is safe to the end, Eli Manning is unlikely to get another opportunity to start. Also, Janoris Jenkins was just put on IR, so there is a downgrade on defense. Of course Eli would have a shot at winning two of those remaining games . . . if he's allowed to start that many. Without him, I expect the Giants to lose out.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:56 PM, JaguarsWoman said:

Nobody on the team is expecting Aaron Rodgers to return this season. They only say there is a "chance" because the team is not mathematically eliminated from playoff contention yet. Once that happens there's no reason to put #12 on the field. We saw what happened to Tony Romo when the Cowboys brought him back too early just to let him play.

When you are Rodgers age and `100% healthy, you play..

You don't sit out games. You don't have that many left.

He'll play whether they are eliminated or not

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

When you are Rodgers age and `100% healthy, you play..

You don't sit out games. You don't have that many left.

He'll play whether they are eliminated or not

I think it would be dumb to play Rodgers at this point, their season is over. I am glad we put Luck on IR, he needed a year off to get 100%

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I doubt that

We may not see...because they've got Tampa and Cleveland and if they win one, they'll be 6-7 and mathematically still in more likely than not

But even if they're not. They'll ask him if he wants to play and he'll say, 'Of course, I do'.

Players play.

15 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Why would it be dumb for Rodgers to decide to play?

Why risk playing him when they have no chance of making the Playoffs? They have 0 chance to do anything. It's my opinion but I would rest him and get the high Draft pick and make sure he's 100% next season. They aren't catching Minnesota and they have like 5 or 6 teams ahead of them in a WildCard race.

37 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Why risk playing him when they have no chance of making the Playoffs? They have 0 chance to do anything. It's my opinion but I would rest him and get the high Draft pick and make sure he's 100% next season. They aren't catching Minnesota and they have like 5 or 6 teams ahead of them in a WildCard race.

But Rodgers is nearing the end of his career.

Why would he want to sit out games he cant get back. ?  

He's one of the stars of the NFL but even if he wasn't, why would a player sit out games when he's been healthy *(word from GB is that he could have play soon if they hadn't put him on injured reserve) for while?

He'll be 100% next season even if he gets hurt in the final 2 games. I don think that's an issue, do you?

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But Rodgers is nearing the end of his career.

Why would he want to sit out games he cant get back. ?  

He's one of the stars of the NFL but even if he wasn't, why would a player sit out games when he's been healthy *(word from GB is that he could have play soon if they hadn't put him on injured reserve) for while?

He'll be 100% next season even if he gets hurt in the final 2 games. I don think that's an issue, do you?

Rodgers still has 5 years easily to play, he isn't even close to the end of his career. He is only 34. Hell Tom Brady is 40, Peyton played until he was 40. Brees is what 38?

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rodgers still has 5 years easily to play, he isn't even close to the end of his career. He is only 34. Hell Tom Brady is 40, Peyton played until he was 40. Brees is what 38?

And Brees played every game even when his team was out of it.

Rodgers will too.   He will play every last game he can .

Ive never heard of a healthy player deciding not to play in regular season games because he simply didnt thnk the games were worth playing in.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

And Brees played every game even when his team was out of it.

Rodgers will too.   He will play every last game he can .

Ive never heard of a healthy player deciding not to play in regular season games because he simply didnt thnk the games were worth playing in.

I am just saying what I would do, if he plays he plays but to me it makes no sense is all I am saying. They aren't making the Playoffs so what I am saying is logical but hey if he wants to play, then he will play. I just wouldn't risk another injury over 3 or 4 meaningless games.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am just saying what I would do, if he plays he plays but to me it makes no sense is all I am saying. They aren't making the Playoffs so what I am saying is logical but hey if he wants to play, then he will play.

Healthy players play. Always have. Makes sense to me.

Paul George broke his leg and sat out 76 game and came back to play the last 6.

Players play. They have a limited number of games they can be 'that guy'

You're saying what you would do if what?

If you were him?   You would ask not to play?   I doubt that

You're saying if you were management you would simply would not bring him off injured reserve.?

We may be talking about 2 different things.

Edited by oldunclemark

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Healthy players play. Always have. Makes sense to me.

Paul George broke his leg and sat out 76 game and came back to play the last 6.

Players play. They have a limited number of games they can be 'that guy'

You're saying what you would do if what?

If you were him?   You would ask not to play?   I doubt that

You're saying if you were management you would simply would not bring him off injured reserve.?

We may be talking about 2 different things.

Paul George played because the Pacers had a good chance of making the Playoffs and he even said if the Pacers didn't he wouldn't of came back. It came down to the last game with them on making the Playoffs. Packers have no chance to make the Playoffs.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Paul George played because the Pacers had a good chance of making the Playoffs and he even said if the Pacers didn't he wouldn't of came back. It came down to the last game with them on making the Playoffs. Packers have no chance to make the Playoffs.

That's not at all how I remember it...and it wasnt that long ago...

I remember him saying he was coming back to prove he could still play.

He wanted to get back in there before the season ended. he was coming back regardless.

You don't rehab that long and then just sit out because the games don't matter. You matter

Players play...

Rodgers will, too. You will see.

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

That's not at all how I remember it...and it wasnt that long ago...

I remember him saying he was coming back to prove he could still play.

He wanted to get back in there before the season ended. he was coming back regardless.

You don't rehab that long and then just sit out because the games don't matter. You matter

Players play...

Rodgers will, too. You will see.

I am not even debating on whether he will play or not, I am just saying it makes no sense at this point. I am sure he will play. You are missing my point completely.

12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am not even debating on whether he will play or not, I am just saying it makes no sense at this point. I am sure he will play. You are missing my point completely.

And you missed mine..by an equally wide margin

I am sure he will play..as I have said. Look at my posts.

I'm started out talking about Rodgers playing....That's where I'm coming from...

.....and if you were him, you'd probably play, too. Tell me you wouldnt

Because that's what players do.

We've both watched the NFL long enough to know that

The Bears are their last chance.

I said before, when Brett Hundley comes to Cleveland, they will be playing for dear life and have a good chance. They blew it, now they are going to hope the Bears blow it but somehow, I see 0-16 written all over them unless Pittsburgh beat the Patriots and rest their starters for game 16.

16 minutes ago, chad72 said:

The Bears are their last chance.

I said before, when Brett Hundley comes to Cleveland, they will be playing for dear life and have a good chance. They blew it, now they are going to hope the Bears blow it but somehow, I see 0-16 written all over them unless Pittsburgh beat the Patriots and rest their starters for game 16.

.....That seemed like the chance but the Bears played their best game of the year today.

You are right. If the Steelers clinch their position and have nothing to play for and they play backups and practice squad guys..

But 0-13.....the permanent cloud of stink is closing in