Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Painting over Unitas and Manning

rockywoj

On 11/23/2017 at 10:18 AM, crazycolt1 said:

That was his loss in getting what would have been a hero's welcome here in Indy. I am sorry he wouldn't accept the facts of why the Colts moved to Indy in the first place. Being bitter over something you have no control over is useless.

Trust me, no one in the Unitas family or fans in Baltimore mourn that a Unitas mural was plastered over in Indy. For the revisionists, Johnny was treated shabbily by the elder Irsay. That, and loyalty to Baltimore, precluded him having anything to do with Indy. He has plenty of awards and statues in Baltimore , so it’s all good. 

Now, if I was an Indy fan I would be highly insulted painting over a Peyton Manning mural and your Super Bowl win. Peyton was an all time great, a consummate professional , and deserves the statue , and all the honors that have went to him. Jim Irsay, and Indy Colts fans owe this man everything, from the wins, to the stadium. 

Luck is a fine young man also, and a great QB. This man has had the stuffing beaten out of him by dreadful offensive lines, causing severe injuries. The parallels with Bert Jones career is frightening, although I wish him all the best, and hope he comes out of his injuries better than before. The NFL needs him. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GoPats said:

Totally agree. This, and vice-versa. I like friendly debate but tearing one guy down to build the other up = junk. It's what people do when they feel like they're going to lose an argument. 

If not for a couple of twists of fate the other way, he'd be 7-0 in Super Bowls. And he could really just as easily be 0-7. They were pretty much all amazing, tightly fought games that required 60 (or 60+ in one case) minutes of complete focus and determination. I've never seen an athlete with Brady's mental toughness. 

Which is impressive. And two teams. Still only the QB to do that. What always impressed me most though (grudingly, at times, haha) were two things: 1) The record number of MVPs, and 2) his per-game stats.

Brady's answer to the teams/coaching thing is how he's been the only constant on the field in NE. Between 2001 and 2016, how many different guys came and went? The first three SBs had a core roster, but since then, the entire thing (except Brady) has turned over. 

Just speaking in general (not in response to jvan)... 

It cracks me up that a lot of you guys try to devalue Brady's accomplishments by giving more than reasonable credit to Belichick. I'm 45, I've been watching this team since the late 70s... it is both of them. Without Brady, there is no Dynasty. Without Belichick, there is no Dynasty. Brady helped Belichick win, which gave him the cache to do what he does today, and to get other guys to "buy in" to his program by seeing how hard the superstar QB works, and how he's subject to criticism and discipline just like the last guy on the practice squad roster. 

If Brady never came along, the Patriots would probably still be seeking their first SB win. I can't tell you what would have happened in that alternate universe, but I guarantee you, Belichick would not be revered the way he is without having coached #12 all these years. 

Anyway, ON TOPIC... Grigson stinks, lol... the signature move that will be remembered is the Trent Richardson trade. Taking Luck first was a no-brainer, hard to give him a lot of credit for that, despite the RGIII buzz leading up to that draft. 

A very good, well thought out, objective post.  Can’t really take issue with any of it.

Oh, and for the record, I do like Brady.  The one year that I ever participated in a fantasy football league, upon the constant begging by my friends, I was able to draft Tom Brady, Randy Moss (you’ll recall that record setting year) & a resurgent Jamaal Lewis.  I walked away with the win that season and then have never played since, always telling my friends that they don’t want me in, for then they’ll all just lose again.  lol

One thing that impressed me, maybe the most about Manning was the respect Belichick had for him.  So much, in fact, that in that one fateful game, Belichick became so obsessively fearful of putting the ball back into Manning’s hands, that Belichick committed, what I consider to be, one of the all-time great coaching blunders ... going for it on fourth and short deep in their own end, with the lead.  The subsequent (controversial) failure to get the first down made it way too easy for the Colts to steal away that game from the Pats.  To this day, I still believe that if only the Pats had punted, it is more than likely their defense would have found a way to stop Manning in the waning moments of the game, needing to drive down most of the field.

Both are great QBs.  I think Brady is more physically gifted, and this fact will help him to clearly demonstrate better longevity than Manning.   I mean let’s face it, physically, Manning was not all that gifted, so the neck issue, which depleted his zip significantly, caused the boiling-over point where Manning’s unmatched preparation and timing could no longer compensate for his physical shortcomings.   

I really do hate these definitive type of who was better arguments, regardless.  To me, they’re both top five all-time QBs.  The exact ordering of those top five will always be subjective, so there can never be a right or wrong, though I suppose if Brady plays for another five years at elite level and wins a couple more championships c/w a couple more MVP awards, just maybe the argument truly would become settled?  I guess these things are fluid.  lol

5 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

One thing that impressed me, maybe the most about Manning was the respect Belichick had for him.  So much, in fact, that in that one fateful game, Belichick became so obsessively fearful of putting the ball back into Manning’s hands, that Belichick committed, what I consider to be, one of the all-time great coaching blunders ... going for it on fourth and short deep in their own end, with the lead.  The subsequent (controversial) failure to get the first down made it way too easy for the Colts to steal away that game from the Pats.  To this day, I still believe that if only the Pats had punted, it is more than likely their defense would have found a way to stop Manning in the waning moments of the game, needing to drive down most of the field.

Both are great QBs.  I think Brady is more physically gifted, and this fact will help continue to demonstrate better longevity than Manning.   I mean let’s face it, physically Manning was not all that gifted, so the neck issue, which depleted his zip significantly, cause the boiling over point where Manning’s unmatched preparation and timing could no longer compensate.  

I really do hate these definitive type of who was better arguments, regardless.  To me, they’re both top five all-time QBs.  The exact ordering of those top five will always be subjective, so there can never be a right or wrong, though I suppose if Brady plays for another five years at elite level and wins a couple mor championships, maybe the argument truly would become settled?  I guess these things are fluid.  lol

Absolutely, the "4th-and-2" game is a great story and shows exactly how Belichick felt about Manning. He called him, more than once, "the toughest QB I've ever had to coach against." I think he chose his words carefully so that no Patriots fans would misconstrue anything, lol... but the respect as an opponent was unmatched for the position. There's no doubt about that. That's why I cringe when I see fellow Pats fans ripping on him, because I know Belichick wouldn't do that... nor would Brady. 

Neither guy was the best raw athlete, that's for sure. I think the key is how Manning's biggest injury (his neck) impacted his throwing way more than Brady's biggest (torn ACL) did. Once you get into nerve damage, it's almost impossible to come all the way back. Manning made it last as long as he could have, I think. And even as a rival fan, it was sort of nice to see him go out with a SB win. 

Your last point is the best one though. They're both going to show up on "best ever" lists for years to come. There aren't many obvious candidates to have the torch passed to them. Aside from Rodgers, you have Luck, you have Russell Wilson, you have Carson Wentz... for various reasons those guys careers could go either way. But what we saw during the 2000s and early this decade was amazing and I don't think we'll all fully appreciate it until we're old and gray and watching bad football every Sunday, lol! 

18 minutes ago, GoPats said:

Absolutely, the "4th-and-2" game is a great story and shows exactly how Belichick felt about Manning. He called him, more than once, "the toughest QB I've ever had to coach against." I think he chose his words carefully so that no Patriots fans would misconstrue anything, lol... but the respect as an opponent was unmatched for the position. There's no doubt about that. That's why I cringe when I see fellow Pats fans ripping on him, because I know Belichick wouldn't do that... nor would Brady. 

Neither guy was the best raw athlete, that's for sure. I think the key is how Manning's biggest injury (his neck) impacted his throwing way more than Brady's biggest (torn ACL) did. Once you get into nerve damage, it's almost impossible to come all the way back. Manning made it last as long as he could have, I think. And even as a rival fan, it was sort of nice to see him go out with a SB win. 

Your last point is the best one though. They're both going to show up on "best ever" lists for years to come. There aren't many obvious candidates to have the torch passed to them. Aside from Rodgers, you have Luck, you have Russell Wilson, you have Carson Wentz... for various reasons those guys careers could go either way. But what we saw during the 2000s and early this decade was amazing and I don't think we'll all fully appreciate it until we're old and gray and watching bad football every Sunday, lol! 

Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that there is really nobody that can threaten the Top 3 of all-time In Brady, Montana, and Peyton (some would put Unitas in that but the 3 I chose played their whole career's in the SB era). As of now Aaron Rodgers may have a chance to get in this discussion but he needs to at least win 1 more SB and have 5 or 6 more real productive seasons.

Good riddance.  If your heart isnt in it, leave.

he isnt missed on the field.  The new guy has been a good replacement.  

Sounds like Pat is high maintenance. He needs reassurance and attention.  I have to laugh at the jersey sale and making money for the organization comments.  That is probably the best joke he ever said.  I'd say he was MORE than adequately paid for his services.

i dont dislike Pat in any way, but he has a prima dona like a wide receiver.  His "humor" could also be a distraction at times.

i get it, he's trying to stay relevant To the Colts, but in my mind, he just isnt anymore.  The sour grapes thing has gotten old for me too. I dont like when people leave an overpaid job at an organization and run their mouth how bad it was. Show a little class.

too bad the Olympics doesnt gave a corn hole event since he's obviously the greatest in the world (or is it greatest in his own mind?).

14 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Sounds like Pat is high maintenance. He needs reassurance and attention.  I have to laugh at the jersey sale and making money for the organization comments.  That is probably the best joke he ever said.  I'd say he was MORE than adequately paid for his services.

i dont dislike Pat in any way, but he has a prima dona like a wide receiver.  His "humor" could also be a distraction at times.

i get it, he's trying to stay relevant To the Colts, but in my mind, he just isnt anymore.  The sour grapes thing has gotten old for me too. I dont like when people leave an overpaid job at an organization and run their mouth how bad it was. Show a little class.

too bad the Olympics doesnt gave a corn hole event since he's obviously the greatest in the world (or is it greatest in his own mind?).

I don't think Pat was ragging on the Colts organization, just Grigson.

I also disagree with missing him on the field. Pat was not just a punter. He was a football player and never backed down from making a hit on special teams. At one time I think he was close to leading the special teams in tackling.(or it seemed like it) He was also the emergency back up QB and did have the ability to throw a decent pass when called on to do it. He was smart and had the green light to audible out of the punt. He brought more to this team than just punting.

On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 2:18 AM, Roger said:

Sometimes players need to forget the past. Belichick did something similar at Gillette Stadium by removing photos of great players/plays.

Did he paint over their history like the snow plow kick, tuck rule, videotaping opposition, and the sign on the "equipment room door" that they take the balls into before kickoff after inspection?!! lol......juuuuust kidddinnng! :thmup:

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I also disagree with missing him on the field. Pat was not just a punter. He was a football player and never backed down from making a hit on special teams. At one time I think he was close to leading the special teams in tackling.(or it seemed like it) He was also the emergency back up QB and did have the ability to throw a decent pass when called on to do it. He was smart and had the green light to audible out of the punt. He brought more to this team than just punting.

Yep....like drunken swims in the canal! lol.....Pat was a good player...probably a good guy in an out of the locker room....but in a long list of things that the Colts miss from the Colts teams of years gone...he is not one of them. He has been easily replaceable on the field. He only lives on in the minds of himself and his crazy supporters only because for a few years our punter was the only position many fans could take pride in being superior to the opposition...which is a sad statement of our teams the past several years.

5 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

With all due respect to Manning, Rhodes should have been SB MVP.

Rhodes had a great game....but who was checking to those runs when the defense was dropping LBs back into coverage and who was throwing him those check down passes? Chicago was absolutely trying to not let Peyton beat them...two deep safety zones and Peyton said I'll just outsmart you and put us in runs when I see you dropping coverage. Do you honestly believe we win that game without Peyton running the offense and triggering the offense? He was easily our most valuable Colt on that field that day.

49 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Pat sucks as a comedian but he was a Great Punter. He was Great at Onside Kicks too. He deserved every penny he made. He was ragging on Grigson not the Colts organization. Reggie didn't like Grigs either so I have no problem with Pat spouting off.

18 minutes ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

I get what you are saying but no he shouldn't of. Manning was the leader of that team and sacrificed stats to get the win against a Great Defense. Manning played a perfect ball control game and he still threw for over 250 Yards and had a long TD pass to Reggie. So his Stats were even decent. Tom Brady won SB MVP vs the Rams and didn't have near the game Peyton had vs Chicago.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Yep....like drunken swims in the canal! lol.....Pat was a good player...probably a good guy in an out of the locker room....but in a long list of things that the Colts miss from the Colts teams of years gone...he is not one of them. He has been easily replaceable on the field. He only lives on in the minds of himself and his crazy supporters only because for a few years our punter was the only position many fans could take pride in being superior to the opposition...which is a sad statement of our teams the past several years.

Where do you come up with this stuff? It's like you have a personal vendetta against him. I explained what he brought to the team and all you care to do is down play it.

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Did he paint over their history like the snow plow kick, tuck rule, videotaping opposition, and the sign on the "equipment room door" that they take the balls into before kickoff after inspection?!! lol......juuuuust kidddinnng! :thmup:

Or the 'restroom' that had no stall or urinal?  I still to this day wonder how much the two equipment men were paid to stay quite. It must have been a bunch because TMZ would have paid a bunch themselves. haha

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think it's pretty safe to say that there is really nobody that can threaten the Top 3 of all-time In Brady, Montana, and Peyton (some would put Unitas in that but the 3 I chose played their whole career's in the SB era). As of now Aaron Rodgers may have a chance to get in this discussion but he needs to at least win 1 more SB and have 5 or 6 more real productive seasons.

Off topic, but if there is one, I'd say this guy: (He's also the most financially successful ex-NFL qb)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach

(Plus Unitas at #1, of course!!!!!)

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Meh, i havent noticed ANY dropoff.

and Pat is smart enuff (i think) to know that even his comments on Grigs continues to give the media wahoos (and some around here) more ammunition to talk poorly about the organization.

grigs is gone, move on.  Theres nothing to see here.  Its not surprising that it was an interview with Dachik.  He likes to continue with the past mistakes as well.

me, i choose to look forward, not behind.

pat wanted to leave football and be a clown.  So move on and be a clown. Dont continue to dredge up the past which only makes it more difficult for the organization to move forward.

pat has a couple screws loose.  we always knew this.

maybe the organization should start critiquing Pats semi-funny jokes and his excessive, unnecessary use of the F word.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Pat sucks as a comedian but he was a Great Punter. He was Great at Onside Kicks too. He deserved every penny he made. He was ragging on Grigson not the Colts organization. Reggie didn't like Grigs either so I have no problem with Pat spouting off.

Reggie shows some class tho, and has drawn a line between Grigs and the organization. Pat just seems to group it as "the organization" more, imo.  At least thats the way i hear it.  

He was a great punter yes, but still a punter.

like i said, i dont dislike him, i just wish he'd focus more on writing better jokes, and less on dwelling on  the PAST.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Where do you come up with this stuff? It's like you have a personal vendetta against him. I explained what he brought to the team and all you care to do is down play it.

I said I'm sure he was a good guy in the locker room and off of it. However I very skeptical how much he added to the team's on field performance in wins and loses. He was a punter...I don't know why people get so worked up over him. I know some people think he was funny and maybe since he is the punter that makes him more relatable but I didn't think he was say ring of honor worthy as some do. Maybe I'm wrong but I just kinda doubt that the guys on Sunday were thinking that Pat was going to give us that "winning edge". He did his job...I respect that....everything else...ehhh I can't say I like his personality or his jokes or his dirty laundry he wants to air out. I'm sure we just have a difference of opinion on Pat. Most like him...I'm not really one that ever found him as cool as everyone else I guess.

On 11/23/2017 at 4:10 PM, Colts_Fan12 said:

Good Lord he beat one of the best defenses in a monsoon rain shower why you have a problem with that is beyond me. Just stop while you are ahead 

He never was ahead.

He made a butt out of himself from the start......especially misspelling Drew BREES.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:37 AM, King Colt said:

Peyton won one SB against the Bears....the Bears.

On 11/23/2017 at 9:52 AM, King Colt said:

Yeah and Rex Grossman. Who? Rex Grossman. Who's he? I don't know.

On 11/23/2017 at 10:16 AM, King Colt said:

How did he do against a real QB- Drew Breese?!!! 

In 2009:  Manning lost to Brees in the SB.  So Brees>Manning

In 2006:  Brees lost to Grossman in the NFCCG, who then lost to Manning in the SB, who just so happened to beat Brady in the '06 AFCCG.  So Manning>Grossman>Brees/Brady

Not sure what your point is?  ...

maxresdefault.jpg "You figure it out!  I'm gettin outta here!"

d35a67255dd2c2c9072f6652a4ba8ed7.jpg "Talk to the Pope, he knows everything."

Anyways... Peyton beat the '06 Bears DEFENSE, which was a GREAT defense.  They weren't the '85 Bears, but they were a GREAT defense that carried Sexy Rexy Grossman to the SB... so...

2 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Meh, i havent noticed ANY dropoff.

and Pat is smart enuff (i think) to know that even his comments on Grigs continues to give the media wahoos (and some around here) more ammunition to talk poorly about the organization.

grigs is gone, move on.  Theres nothing to see here.  Its not surprising that it was an interview with Dachik.  He likes to continue with the past mistakes as well.

me, i choose to look forward, not behind.

pat wanted to leave football and be a clown.  So move on and be a clown. Dont continue to dredge up the past which only makes it more difficult for the organization to move forward.

pat has a couple screws loose.  we always knew this.

maybe the organization should start critiquing Pats semi-funny jokes and his excessive, unnecessary use of the F word.

You don't seem to know why Pat retired. He did not leave to be a clown. He left because he has had 3 knee surgeries while he played and has had another knee surgery after he retired. There were times after the last 6 games or practice he couldn't even walk.

So I guess I was right, it is personal with you?

14 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

You don't seem to know why Pat retired. He did not leave to be a clown. He left because he has had 3 knee surgeries while he played and has had another knee surgery after he retired. There were times after the last 6 games or practice he couldn't even walk.

So I guess I was right, it is personal with you?

Seriously?  Personal?

no, i just know that for every good player in the league, there are plenty more in the pipeline to replace them.

i forgot about the knee thing.  But Pat said in the interview it was because he was "tired" of the new regime and he didnt feel appreciated.  I didnt see him mention the knees, so i guess I am right, haha. 

ps, if it excites you to be "right" on an internet message board, it might be time to find a hobby.

1 minute ago, WoolMagnet said:

Seriously?  Personal?

no, i just know that for every good player in the league, there are plenty more in the pipeline to replace them.

i forgot about the knee thing.  But Pat said in the interview it was because he was "tired" of the new regime and he didnt feel appreciated.  I didnt see him mention the knees, so i guess I am right, haha. 

ps, if it excites you to be "right" on an internet message board, it might be time to find a hobby.

It's not a point to be right. It is having the knowledge of why Pat retired. Yes Pat did say those things but that was before the Colts franchised him and paid him. If that is not showing appreciation please explain.

20 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's not a point to be right. It is having the knowledge of why Pat retired. Yes Pat did say those things but that was before the Colts franchised him and paid him. If that is not showing appreciation please explain.

You proved my point about appreciation.

those were pat's words, not mine.

btw, its ok if we disagree.

9 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

You proved my point about appreciation.

those were pat's words, not mine.

btw, its ok if we disagree.

Pat said those words Grigson's first year because Grigson didn't think kickers were players. Even though Grigson and Pat didn't like each other the Colts showed their appreciation by franchising him and paying him. The Colts appreciation or lack of if that's what you think had zero to do with Pat retiring.

You are right about our disagreeing but lets disagree on reality.

7 hours ago, DalTXColtsFan said:

I agree, to be honest.  That was certainly my thought at the time.  Strangely, I’ve never re-watched the game.  I should, go see if I feel the same way.

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pat said those words Grigson's first year because Grigson didn't think kickers were players. Even though Grigson and Pat didn't like each other the Colts showed their appreciation by franchising him and paying him. The Colts appreciation or lack of if that's what you think had zero to do with Pat retiring.

You are right about our disagreeing but lets disagree on reality.

Your reality or real reality?

8 hours ago, dgambill said:

Rhodes had a great game....but who was checking to those runs when the defense was dropping LBs back into coverage and who was throwing him those check down passes? Chicago was absolutely trying to not let Peyton beat them...two deep safety zones and Peyton said I'll just outsmart you and put us in runs when I see you dropping coverage. Do you honestly believe we win that game without Peyton running the offense and triggering the offense? He was easily our most valuable Colt on that field that day.

A very fair counter point, to be sure.

5 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Your reality or real reality?

Check your timeline.

You are taking something that was said in Grigson's first year. Grigson didn't care for Pat mostly over Pat getting arrested for the canal incident. A lot of rookie players would have been fired for that. There was the start of the issue between Pat and Grigson.

You hand pick something that was said when Pat was a rookie and then move it to the time of his retirement 8 years later.

Three knee surgeries while he was an active player and one after retirement. There is your reality.

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I have said this 100 times probably. Love Peyton but the Colts lose that game if Rhodes doesn't go off. And he went off against the #1 defense. 

I really don't think we were ever in any danger of losing, Addai was having a Good game as well. Peyton was in complete control and checking off to runs because it was there. The Defense played a Great game and the Bears weren't doing much on Offense. We could've plugged any RB in there in Rhodes spot and they would've done the same thing because the holes were there off of check offs. The only time the whole game I was worried was after the opening kickoff when Hester went house. Once we got the lead at Halftime, I knew we had them.

11 hours ago, jimmy g said:

Off topic, but if there is one, I'd say this guy: (He's also the most financially successful ex-NFL qb)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Staubach

(Plus Unitas at #1, of course!!!!!)

Staubach was Great. I was lucky enough to be old enough to watch him live. I started watching mid to late 70's so as a youngster I remember the 77 SB vs Denver and the Steelers SB vs Bradshaw. Those Dallas Playoff runs. He is not in my Top 5 but is in my Top 10. I think Elway was a tad better but that is my opinion. If I had a Top 5 it would look like this - Tom, JMontana, Peyton, Unitas, and Elway.  

I question McAffee's story.

I understand that Grigson put up pictures of current players and the other pictures were moved to another part of the building. There are a lot of pictures in the complex, they're everywhere.

So, he's irritated that pictures were moved? Seems pretty petty to me

6 minutes ago, Nadine said:

I understand that Grigson put up pictures of current players and the other pictures were moved to another part of the building. There are a lot of pictures in the complex, they're everywhere.

Sounds like Pat is bored lmao 

2 hours ago, Nadine said:

From the story, I got the impression they were murals that were painted over.   I did point out in my opening post, though, that to me, good reporting would dictate confirmation of Pat’s allegations, to find out if what he says is true.

It would be sadly pathetic if he’s making this stuff up.  And like you say, if it’s merely a cease of relocating actual pictures, like picture in picture frames, then yeah, it might be kind of petty and or exaggerated.  

Regardless, though, talk about burning bridges.  The Colts actually had a really good three year run from 2012-2014.  Guess there won’t be any nice nostalgic reunions for this teams.

10 minutes ago, rockywoj said:

From the story, I got the impression they were murals that were painted over.   I did point out in my opening post, though, that to me, good reporting would dictate confirmation of Pat’s allegations, to find out if what he says is true.

It would be sadly pathetic if he’s making this stuff up.  And like you say, if it’s merely a cease of relocating actual pictures, like picture in picture frames, then yeah, it might be kind of petty and or exaggerated.  

Regardless, though, talk about burning bridges.  The Colts actually had a really good three year run from 2012-2014.  Guess there won’t be any nice nostalgic reunions for this teams.

The 3 year run we had after Peyton is taken for granted. It was a Very Good run and unexpected. It wasn't Great because we didn't win the SB but it was Very Good with 3 11-5's. We had so many memorable comeback wins too, like vs GB in 2012, at  Lions in 2012, vs Chiefs in the Playoffs in 2013 down 28.

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I really don't think we were ever in any danger of losing, Addai was having a Good game as well. Peyton was in complete control and checking off to runs because it was there. The Defense played a Great game and the Bears weren't doing much on Offense. We could've plugged any RB in there in Rhodes spot and they would've done the same thing because the holes were there off of check offs. The only time the whole game I was worried was after the opening kickoff when Hester went house. Once we got the lead at Halftime, I knew we had them.

Oh I agree and get your point, but Rhodes was really, really good. Peyton had a decent game but nothing mind blowing, Rhodes was good from start to finish. He pretty much dominated that game. Addai had a solid game too for sure. 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The 3 year run we had after Peyton is taken for granted. It was a Very Good run and unexpected. It wasn't Great because we didn't win the SB but it was Very Good with 3 11-5's. We had so many memorable comeback wins too, like vs GB in 2012, at  Lions in 2012, vs Chiefs in the Playoffs in 2013 down 28.

The Chiefs comeback win in the playoffs was amazing!  I think the AFCC comeback win against the Patriot is the only game I remember that actually tops it.  I mean, the SB win in 06/07 was great, of course, but wow, the Chiefs comeback was just so unlikely.