Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Winning out

jblastick

6 hours ago, runthepost said:

Well they aren’t making it because they have been blowing leads all year long and it won’t change until different people are leading the team.

We agree this team has to finish games. The fact that they have had leads over some decent teams, means they are capable of beating them.

So many of the problems that caused them to lose can be corrected. They are playing better than they did at the beginning of the year. 

The Division is lost but they can make it as a wild card. If they do, Pagano and staff deserve another year IMO.

36 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

higher draft position doesn't mean we will win more next year.  the good teams in the league now never tanked for picks 

Absolutely true. Look at Cleveland. What a joke and they have had an amazing array of draft picks. Nearly all of the high ones blown. They mean nothing without talent in the GM's office. Ballard is a talent. 

The Colts need to grind and win what games they can. 6-10 is a likely scenario and that gets you both a good pick and momentum heading into 2018. Which, with Luck back and new coaching, could prove to be a big turnaround season. Tanking is a losing mentality utilized by perpetual losers. No thanks. 

10 minutes ago, Hoose said:

Absolutely true. Look at Cleveland. What a joke and they have had an amazing array of draft picks. Nearly all of the high ones blown. They mean nothing without talent in the GM's office. Ballard is a talent. 

The Colts need to grind and win what games they can. 6-10 is a likely scenario and that gets you both a good pick and momentum heading into 2018. Which, with Luck back and new coaching, could prove to be a big turnaround season. Tanking is a losing mentality utilized by perpetual losers. No thanks. 

Some people want to lose out because Ballard has a good eye for talent and let’s say we get a high pick. Ballard could get BPA and a player that fits. Kind of like Hooker. 

On 11/23/2017 at 9:48 AM, coltsfeva said:

We agree this team has to finish games. The fact that they have had leads over some decent teams, means they are capable of beating them.

So many of the problems that caused them to lose can be corrected. They are playing better than they did at the beginning of the year. 

The Division is lost but they can make it as a wild card. If they do, Pagano and staff deserve another year IMO.

i concur

On 11/23/2017 at 7:58 PM, Hoose said:

draft picks are a crapshoot

On 11/23/2017 at 3:46 AM, runthepost said:

Well they aren’t making it because they have been blowing leads all year long and it won’t change until different people are leading the team.

Agreed...and if Pagano returns next year...we will miss the playoffs again...with or without Luck. This team won't amount to anything until the culture of mediocrity is completely purged.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we end up 5-11 or even 6-10 and he comes back, I think Irsay has lost it.

No doubt.  If that happens I would be forced to really ask myself some hard questions about why I continue to support such blatant ineptitude.   I'd never stop being a Colts fan but I wouldn't invest my emotional energy or my money into the upcoming season. 

4 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

No doubt.  If that happens I would be forced to really ask myself some hard questions about why I continue to support such blatant ineptitude.   I'd never stop being a Colts fan but I wouldn't invest my emotional energy or any of my money into the upcoming season. 

Most people feel the way you do already, most are nervous about Luck's health too. It's a wait and see game.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Most people feel the way you do already, most are nervous about Luck's health too. It's a wait see game.

That it is.  I am actually optimistic in regards to Luck.  I'm glad he is getting a full season to recover.  I thought that was going to be how it played out as soon as the Colts started with their shady ways of concealing info about his status/progress. Nothing is certain of course but I feel Luck will return under center for us next season.  As you say we will all have to wait and see how it plays out.

On 11/23/2017 at 7:16 PM, aaron11 said:

higher draft position doesn't mean we will win more next year.  the good teams in the league now never tanked for picks 

Ok?

A high draft pick is worth more than a low draft pick, especially when you have a GM that knows how to use it. There's no incentive for us to win anymore games, we aren't contending for a Super Bowl nor are we even going to make the playoffs. Winning more games only helps Pags keep his job at this point.

There's absolutely no incentive for us to win more games. 

e: The whole "tanking is a loser's mentality" thing is ridiculous. Tanking got us Andrew Luck ffs. We want the Colts to win a Super Bowl but we should win games during a lost season for what.....who really has the loser's mentality here?

50 minutes ago, colt18 said:

Ok?

A high draft pick is worth more than a low draft pick, especially when you have a GM that knows how to use it. There's no incentive for us to win anymore games, we aren't contending for a Super Bowl nor are we even going to make the playoffs. Winning more games only helps Pags keep his job at this point.

e: The whole "tanking is a loser's mentality" thing is ridiculous. Tanking got us Andrew Luck ffs. We want the Colts to win a Super Bowl but we should win games during a lost season for what.....who really has the loser's mentality here?

Sadly this stupid staff will screw us on their way out and ruin our draft position we could make the playoffs sadly as terrible as the afc is 

2 hours ago, colt18 said:

Ok?

i dont spend three hours on sunday watching a game to hope my team loses.  its not super bowl or tank in the nfl either, that is not how the good teams have gotten there.  

ok???

10 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i dont spend three hours on sunday watching a game to hope my team loses.  its not super bowl or tank in the nfl either, that is not how the good teams have gotten there.  

ok???

That’s on you, you already know it’s a lost season. Just like that, we already lost yet another game in which we had a second half lead.

I don’t see the logic in wanting a bad team to overachieve when that only hinders draft position. Early draft picks are 100% successful but having an early draft pick is always better than having a late draft pick, ESPECIALLY for a bad team.

3 hours ago, Jaric said:

Question for the people still thinking about playoffs

Not to be mean, but do you guys watch the games?

I dont think we will make the playoffs (nor do we deserve to), but I mean technically we arent eliminated. 

This time last week Cleveland was still in the playoff hunt :lol:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/11/nfl-playoff-picture-browns-elimination-scenarios