Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts defense is getting better. No, really.

NannyMcafee

I think one factor that's not being talked about is the inconsistency of the offence to sustain more drives. You can't realistically judge a defense if your defense is on the field constantly. But from what I've seen we have stopped the run . a lot better than we have in the past. We need a little  better pass rush and that will also help out the db's too.

Thought this nuggett was interesting from Ballard on Grover Stewart:

We’ve got a young player defensively that I think is really coming on in Grover Stewarticon-article-link.gif . I thought he had some meaningful (snaps) — even if the results weren’t quite what we wanted versus Jacksonville, I thought he played his best game. He was active, he got off the ball, his talent was evident, and I think he’s got a tremendous career in front of him. http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chris-Ballard-‘Absolutely-We’re-Going-To-Get-There’/8a583755-b0c0-4b94-af26-169e96800dab

I've been saying all along that Big Grover is going to be a good player.

On 12/3/2017 at 7:58 PM, King Colt said:

The Colts defense shredded by Blake Bortles for +300 yards, Better?

Normally I don't make excuses for these guys but both starting corners and our free safety were out in the second half of that game . They played the run pretty good but couldn't cover the crossing patterns.  The offense didnt help any .