Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Former Colts Players We Miss Watching

Dark Superman

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these kinds of threads because I love the history of sports. My Top 5 favorite players since I have been a fan (1984) are:

1. Peyton Manning - Greatest player in Indianapolis Colts history!

2. Marvin Harrison - Peyton's sidekick and had some of the most incredible catches.

3. Bob Sanders - We don't win the SB without him in 2006, DPOY in 2007 as well.

4. Reggie Wayne - A true Indianapolis Colt! Was Great in the Peyton era and Luck era.

5. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are like 5a/5b - The lethal Pass Rush tandem!

My Top 5 favorite seasons are:

1. 2006 - We won the SB and beat Belichick/Brady to get there.

2. 1995 - 1 play away from getting to the SB, Jim Harbaugh's magic.

3. 2012 - Went 11-5 after going 2-14, led by Luck and his incredible comebacks.

4. 2004 - Peyton's 49 TD season. That Offense was so entertaining to watch going 12-4.

5. 1987 - The arrival of Eric Dickerson. That put us on the map in Indianapolis. Up until that point we were a joke in Indiana. Dickerson arrives and we win the AFC East. Colts Football was no longer a joke.

-I left off 2009 because I still cant get over how Polian pulled the plug on the undefeated run and how we lost to the Saints in the SB.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love these kinds of threads because I love the history of sports. My Top 5 favorite players since I have been a fan (1984) are:

1. Peyton Manning - Greatest player in Indianapolis Colts history!

2. Marvin Harrison - Peyton's sidekick and had some of the most incredible catches.

3. Bob Sanders - We don't win the SB without him in 2006, DPOY in 2007 as well.

4. Reggie Wayne - A true Indianapolis Colt! Was Great in the Peyton era and Luck era.

5. Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are like 5a/5b - The lethal Pass Rush tandem!

My Top 5 favorite seasons are:

1. 2006 - We won the SB and beat Belichick/Brady to get there.

2. 1995 - 1 play away from getting to the SB, Jim Harbaugh's magic.

3. 2012 - Went 11-5 after going 2-14, led by Luck and his incredible comebacks.

4. 2004 - Peyton's 49 TD season. That Offense was so entertaining to watch going 12-4.

5. 1987 - The arrival of Eric Dickerson. That put us on the map in Indianapolis. Up until that point we were a joke in Indiana. Dickerson arrives and we win the AFC East. Colts Football was no longer a joke.

-I left off 2009 because I still cant get over how Polian pulled the plug on the undefeated run and how we lost to the Saints in the SB.

This was exactly my thoughts as well.

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bert Jones hands down. It's easy to say Peyton Manning but Bert played in an era where QBs were not protected and were treated just like any other player.

I wasn't a Colts fan then so anything before 1984 I wont include. I know the history of the Baltimore Colts very well though and Bert was very talented.

1. Bob Sanders

2. Bob Sanders

3. Bob Sanders

4. Bob Sanders

5. Bob Sanders

Did I forget to mention Bob Sanders?  But in all honesty I miss him and I actually miss Gary Brackett making the calls for the defense.  But from a pure entertainment standpoint, Sanders, Mathis & Freeney, Peyton & Marvin and most of all I miss watching Edgerrin James run.  He was some kind of special.

From the Baltimore era - Mike Curtis, Bubba Smith, Ted Hendricks, Johnny Unitas, John Mackey, Tom Matte, Jim O'Brien (for the kick that won the SB over Dallas), Bert Jones and Norm Bulaich

The Indianapolis era - Peyton Manning, Jim Harbaugh, Ken Dilger, Cato June, Tony Siragusa, Gary Brackett, Marcus Pollard, Eric Dickerson, Jeff Saturday, Robert Mathis/Dwight Freeney, Dallas Clark, Rob Morris (I have one of his jerseys, so had to add him here), and Duane Bickett.

10 minutes ago, Superman said:

I didn't immediately think of Collie. He had an outstanding 8 games in 2010. He synced up with Manning almost immediately.

He was fun to watch for his 2 seasons here. If it wasn’t for that hit that pretty much ended his career he would’ve gone down as one of the great colt receivers no doubt.

32 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

He was fun to watch for his 2 seasons here. If it wasn’t for that hit that pretty much ended his career he would’ve gone down as one of the great colt receivers no doubt.

Collie, a.k.a. the Stormin Mormon, was a great find and minus the head injuries he was a solid WR for us.  Peyton loved that guy, but unfortunately he loved throwing to him in the middle with a safety waiting...

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I will say, now that we have no line, I miss Ryan Diem, Jake Scott, Jeff Saturday, Ryan Lilja, and Tarik Glenn!

Marvin, Edge, Reggie, Bob Sanders, Mike Doss, Addai, Harbaugh, Sean Dawkins, Freeney, Mathis, the list goes on and on...

I can't believe Polian didn't try to keep this line intact. Jake Scott went to

the Titans, not sure about Lilja and Diem.