Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams That Did & Did Not Show In 2017

King Colt

The AFC is loaded with major disappointments for 2017 while the NFC has several teams that may face New England or Pittsburgh in February. The Raiders are the biggest disappointment while the Rams are the biggest surprise winners. Who gets fired and hired in the coming weeks? This could get brutal and fun to watch.

In the NFC Philly and Carson Wentz came to play this year, looks like the Panthers are back as well, the Saints have come out of nowhere. Atlanta big dissapointment, they currently do not even hold a wild card spot, super bowl hangover at a premium. For the AFC have to say the whole AFC west was suppose to be a power division and all 4 teams including the chiefs look pretty weak right now. Texans also were suppose to be taking a step forward. Props to the Jags and Titans, one of those teams if not both will be going to the playoffs.

I am seeing coaching change in Cin Nyg Cle, Sf and i hope in a that is holy Pagano will be canned for anybody new, i seriously dont even care at this point who they hire as long as Pagano is not on the sidelines any longer for anything but secondary coach.

The Raiders are a case of "If it's not broke, don't fix it." JDR should have kept Bill Musgrave as his OC. Ironically BM is going to face his former team in his fist game as Denver's interim OC after Mike McCoy was fired.

Meanwhile every Broncos fan on the planet is probably mad at John Elway for hiring Vance Joseph, who he reportedly had a "man crush" on, instead of someone who has proven to be a natural leader of men everywhere he went.

Both conferences have teams that went forward and backward. Look at the Jets, who most people thought were going to pay for the #1 pick. Many people laughed at the player (Muhammed Wilkerson IIRC) who guaranteed six wins. Also, the NFC South is upside down with the Buccaneers being terrible when everyone thought they were on the verge of a return to the postseason.

No way are the 49ers firing Kyle Shanahan after one season. Jed York's goal was to hire a coach and GM who have a great working and personal relationship. They are in it for the long haul. The rumors about Hue Jackson being fired in 2018 are just that right now. It would be a big mistake for the team to give up on him after only two seasons because it is detrimental to the team when they have to keep learning new playbooks, especially young quarterbacks. Of course, the Giants job is guaranteed to be the first one vacated; there are reports swirling Ben McAdoo will not make it to New Year's Eve. He is the only boiling hot coach; the other losers can wait a few more weeks to worry about job security as the media tries to guess who will join McAdoo on the unemployment list.

8 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Also, the NFC South is upside down with the Buccaneers being terrible when everyone thought they were on the verge of a return to the postseason.

Absolutely upside down lol. I'm sure most people had this..

1:Falcons

2:Buccaneers

3:Panthers

4:Saints. 

It's almost reversed lol

16 hours ago, Nesjan3 said:

I am seeing coaching change in Cin Nyg Cle, Sf and i hope in a that is holy Pagano will be canned for anybody new, i seriously dont even care at this point who they hire as long as Pagano is not on the sidelines any longer for anything but secondary coach.

SF are not going to fire their first year coach...No Way!

13 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

No way are the 49ers firing Kyle Shanahan after one season. Jed York's goal was to hire a coach and GM who have a great working and personal relationship. They are in it for the long haul. The rumors about Hue Jackson being fired in 2018 are just that right now. It would be a big mistake for the team to give up on him after only two seasons because it is detrimental to the team when they have to keep learning new playbooks, especially young quarterbacks. Of course, the Giants job is guaranteed to be the first one vacated; there are reports swirling Ben McAdoo will not make it to New Year's Eve. He is the only boiling hot coach; the other losers can wait a few more weeks to worry about job security as the media tries to guess who will join McAdoo on the unemployment list.

Pagano should be on the hottest seat out of everyone 

23 hours ago, JaguarsWoman said:

I agree about SF and Cleveland. SF is not firing Shanahan and Cleveland should not fire Jackson. However, I don't see the Giants firing McAdoo during the season. That is not the Giants way.

6 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I agree about SF and Cleveland. SF is not firing Shanahan and Cleveland should not fire Jackson. However, I don't see the Giants firing McAdoo during the season. That is not the Giants way.

McAdont is pretty bad but I agree, he will get his pink slip at the end of the season much like Chuck will.

42 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Of course the Giants won't fire anyone before the calendar flips to 2018. Jerry Reese probably will be fired too since it is his fault the Giants are practically Odell Beckham and everyone else.

36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

McAdont is pretty bad

Lol. Yeah, I am not a fan of his.

The Giants will clean house at the end of the season. McAdoo and Reese will be gone. Now that they are almost guaranteed not to make the playoffs, the fans want to see what they have in 3rd round pick Davis Webb. However, Eli has his consecutive streak going and management may want to keep that going. I believe that Eli is third on the consecutive game streak for QBs with 171 and first among active players.

Btw, did you know that Flacco has a 116 consecutive game streak? I don't know why I perceived him as oft-injured.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The Giants will clean house at the end of the season. McAdoo and Reese will be gone. Now that they are almost guaranteed not to make the playoffs, the fans want to see what they have in 3rd round pick Davis Webb. However, Eli has his consecutive streak going and management may want to keep that going. I believe that Eli is third on the consecutive game streak for QBs with 171 and first among active players.

Btw, did you know that Flacco has a 116 consecutive game streak? I don't know why I perceived him as oft-injured.

Flacco is a tough guy, have always liked him. Ravens might make the Playoffs. I love Eli, well because he is a Manning and he beat the undefeated Patriots haha. McAdont isn't doing him any favors with that Offensive system.

7 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Of course the Giants won't fire anyone before the calendar flips to 2018. Jerry Reese probably will be fired too since it is his fault the Giants are practically Odell Beckham and everyone else.

I disagree. The Giants have a lot of good players. Olivier Vernon is a stud. Landon Collins, Snacks Harrison and DRC are very good players. Evan Engram will be a star. I love Sterling Shepard. Those are just guys I can name off the top of my head. I am not a Giants fan. 

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That can't be, didn't he go on IR a few years ago playing vs the Jeff Fisher led Rams with their D coached by "Bounty" Gregg Williams? I have to check it out.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Flacco is a tough guy, have always liked him. Ravens might make the Playoffs. I love Eli, well because he is a Manning and he beat the undefeated Patriots haha. McAdont isn't doing him any favors with that Offensive system.

The Ravens D may get them into the playoffs. They have 3 shutouts this year. The Vikes were fortunate to win that game. Keenum did not have a good game. 

Just now, chad72 said:

That can't be, he went on IR a few years ago playing vs the Jeff Fisher led Rams with their D coached by "Bounty" Gregg Williams.

That is what I thought but ESPN has an article about him having a 116 game streak. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/22618/joe-flacco-will-take-over-fifth-place-on-nfls-consecutive-games-streak-for-qbs

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is what I thought but ESPN has an article about him having a 116 game streak. Check it out for yourself:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/22618/joe-flacco-will-take-over-fifth-place-on-nfls-consecutive-games-streak-for-qbs

The article was written in 2015. It did end in 2015 though, just like I said vs the Rams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_consecutive_starts_by_a_National_Football_League_quarterback

That ESPN writer jinxed him because he went on IR a month after that. :) 

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

It did end in 2015 though, just like I said vs the Rams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_consecutive_starts_by_a_National_Football_League_quarterback

That ESPN writer jinxed him because he went on IR a month after that. :) 

Ah, okay.  Thanks. It is an old article. 

Eli's streak is actually at 209!

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Still 116 was pretty good

It sure is. Eli's streak is actually at 209 and is actually 2nd now, ahead of his brother. My friend who is the Giants season ticket holder said that now that Eli has passed his brother, it is time to see Davis Webb. Many of the fans at the game on Sunday felt the same way. They appreciate Eli but realize they have a chance to draft one of the QBs in this draft. If Webb is the real deal, they can draft a different position.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

It sure is. Eli's streak is actually at 209 and is actually 2nd now, ahead of his brother. My friend who is the Giants season ticket holder said that now that Eli has passed his brother, it is time to see Davis Webb. Many of the fans at the game on Sunday felt the same way. They appreciate Eli but realize they have a chance to draft one of the QBs in this draft. If Webb is the real deal, they can draft a different position.

Yeah Peyton went 208.

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Eli's days may be numbered in NYC!

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Eli just passed his brother Peyton (pun not intended) for second on the all-time list.

Joe Flacco's consecutive game streak ended with a torn knee ligament two years ago. He's also lucky to not miss more time because of his preseason back injury and a concussion.

1 hour ago, JaguarsWoman said:

Eli just passed his brother Peyton (pun not intended) for second on the all-time list.

Joe Flacco's consecutive game streak ended with a torn knee ligament two years ago. He's also lucky to not miss more time because of his preseason back injury and a concussion.

You have to admit Eli beating the Pats twice in the SB is priceless, once when they were 18-0 looking for perfection. Peyton 3-1 vs Brady too in Title Games, man those Manning's saved us from watching the Pats winning 10 SB's possibly. I am just glad Peyton went out on top and got that 2nd Ring as a starter. Getting Ring #2 validates that he is a great winner because only 11 other QB's have won 2 or more SB's as a starter. Anyone can win 1 but getting #2 proves a lot winning wise. Yeah Eli has won 2 as well but Peyton has 5 League MVP's to his 0. So I would take Peyton's career easily over Eli's now because of the 2nd Ring + the League MVP's. I am hoping Ben Roethlisberger doesn't win his 3rd because he isn't near the QB Peyton was, that would be sad if he had more SB wins. Ben is like Eli though = 0 League MVP's. 

-Only Tom Brady (5), Joe Montana (4), Terry Bradshaw (4), and Troy Aikman (3) have won more SB's than Peyton as a starter. So even if someone wanted to go by just SB Rings, Peyton is still a Top 5 QB of all-time because League MVP's is the tiebreaker amongst the 2 Time winners. League MVP is easily the 2nd best thing to win only behind the SB. Winning League MVP means you were voted as the best player or most valuable by the media in the whole league. I just love how Peyton haters are so butt hurt the way he got #2 because Denver's D carried him in the SB haha. Peyton still earned #2 though because he played well vs the Pats. Brock would've never beat the Pats on that type of stage. Too much pressure and BB didn't fear him at all. Brock played well in that Reg Season and beat the Pats actually in the Reg Season but in a Title Game it would've never happened.

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Dear God 

So, are you saying Pagano couldn’t coach the Colts to a winning record with a healthy Luck? Say, 11-5....? Oh yeah, he already has a few times.

Fans will blame the coach, no matter what. New is not always better 

12 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

So, are you saying Pagano couldn’t coach the Colts to a winning record with a healthy Luck? Say, 11-5....? Oh yeah, he already has a few times.

Yeah let's be mediocre for another 4 years good plan you have to make changes or we will be stuck where we are now forever 

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah let's be mediocre for another 4 years good plan you have to make changes or we will be stuck where we are now forever 

Eagles without Wentz = mediocre

Packers without Rogers = mediocre

Saints without Brees = mediocre

Seahawks without Wilson = mediocre

etc, etc

4 hours ago, coltsfeva said:

Colts went 8-8 with Luck playing all but one game just a year ago.

20 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

Eagles without Wentz = mediocre

Packers without Rogers = mediocre

Saints without Brees = mediocre

Seahawks without Wilson = mediocre

etc, etc

He has struggled with Luck still gets blown out and the D looks like crap 90% of the time and makes terrible coaching decisions some of you need to stop sticking up for this guy it's getting ridiculous 

21 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He has struggled with Luck still gets blown out and the D looks like crap 90% of the time and makes terrible coaching decisions some of you need to stop sticking up for this guy it's getting ridiculous 

Luck hasn’t been healthy since the beginning of 2015.

90% of the time? Where in God’s name did you come up with that stat? The D is starting to come together and has improved since Ballard has been here.

You’re right; he sometimes makes bad decisions. So does 31 other coaches.

I’m not saying Pagano is the greatest coach we’ve ever had, but his record is a lot better than other coaches. I just think he gets a lot of unwarranted criticism, considering the circumstances.