Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

last six

OLD FAN MAN

We will see what happens. We got whipped in that Jags game but I noticed once we adjusted in the second half of that game, played more man to man along with the blitz we stopped a lot of the bleeding. Melvin and Desir were out of that game as well. Really boils down to if we can make any improvements offensively. We had a lot of open receivers. Hey if Cleveland can play a tight ball game I dont see why we couldn't improve upon that last performance.

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

We will see what happens. We got whipped in that Jags game but I noticed once we adjusted in the second half of that game, played more man to man along with the blitz we stopped a lot of the bleeding. Melvin and Desir were out of that game as well. Really boils down to if we can make any improvements offensively. We had a lot of open receivers. Hey if Cleveland can play a tight ball game I dont see why we couldn't improve upon that last performance.

Coaching?    

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

Cleveland is 0-10 so our coaching couldn't be worse than theirs. We should be able to do better the next time we see the Jags

Not sure how you saw that as a tight game   They were still beat by 12 points.  Only scored one time and a A Jax win was never in doubt 

4 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Not sure how you saw that as a tight game   They were still beat by 12 points.  Only scored one time and a A Jax win was never in doubt 

The majority of that game was 10-7 Jags they just broke it open in the 4th. And keep in mind Gipson the Jags safety talked about the Jags dropping 40 on Cleveland pre game. Didnt get any where close.

Just now, lollygagger8 said:

I'm not a fan of tanking, but if the Colts don't win anymore the rest of the year, I surprisingly don't think I would be that upset. 

Me either because the season is over regarding making the Playoffs. I want to win but if we don't our Draft position is better so it is what it is. This is coming from someone that thinks the Draft is a crapshoot but I think Ballard knows what he is doing.

33 minutes ago, krunk said:

i concur

The real question is do we want to to win any, this may be unconventional but if I'm Ballard I give the players I know will be part of my team next season only limited action in order to stay healthy and allow for the young guns to make a name for a themselves. If the rookies and young guns get a few wins or come close then great, good for confidence and then we know maybe we have some building blocks going into next season. Chances are we lose most of the remaining games though which in turn means higher draft pick, imo ideally top5 or maybe even top 3 if the giants keep winning! If CB can syphon all the talent from his first draft, compile that with the minute amount of talent Grigson drafted throw in a top 5 pick in next years draft, and with a healthy Luck (fingers crossed) we may just be heading in the right direction!

Colts are 7-2-1 this season..........in first halfs. They can clearly play toe to toe at times against some good teams. Will we beat em? Probably not. You need good coaching and playmakers to win games and we lack a combination of both.

In order of most winnable to least winnable I think are

1. vs Houston

2. vs Denver

3. at Baltimore

4. at Buffalo

5. vs Tennessee

6. vs Jacksonville

We're not going 9-7 obviously, but I'd be surprised if we lose all 6. 5-11 is my guess. 

59 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

The real question is do we want to to win any, this may be unconventional but if I'm Ballard I give the players I know will be part of my team next season only limited action in order to stay healthy and allow for the young guns to make a name for a themselves. If the rookies and young guns get a few wins or come close then great, good for confidence and then we know maybe we have some building blocks going into next season. Chances are we lose most of the remaining games though which in turn means higher draft pick, imo ideally top5 or maybe even top 3 if the giants keep winning! If CB can syphon all the talent from his first draft, compile that with the minute amount of talent Grigson drafted throw in a top 5 pick in next years draft, and with a healthy Luck (fingers crossed) we may just be heading in the right direction!

Problem with that is, it's not Ballard's decision. And if he forced Pags to do that, that would completely go against one of the reasons we fired Grigs in the first place.

I'd like to see the young guys play more, but Ballard won't do anything to force Pagano's hand. If he was, he would have fired him by now.

Remember, Ballard and Irsay are evaluating Pagano, not just by his wins and losses. They're trying to give him a full shot at coaching this football team. They likely won't meddle. 

I am NOT a fan of tanking.

I argued on behalf of trying to win the last two games of both the 15 and 16 seasons.    The argument was we had a chance to go 8-8 so you absolutely try to win those games.     5 straight seasons without a losing season is a good achievement for any franchise.

But now that we are overwhelmingly likely to finish below 500,  then I feel free to say that while I don't want us to tank,  I will not be upset with any loss.     Even if we lose them all.      I know this is a nuanced position,   but I won't be upset with any losses in the last six games.

All that said....

We stand a decent chance to win a number of these games.     Only the J'Ville game feels like a likely loss.   The other five feels like we've got a decent shot at each.   We should be competitive in those five games.    So, we might surprise to the upside and win more than we might expect.     The team is playing better.   By group,  the defense is getting better,   the special teams are solid,  and even the offense is a little more cohesive and efficeint.     And each unit might get a little better down the stretch.

We might surprise a lot of people,  including ourselves.

I expect the Colts to string some meaningless wins together in a desperate attempt to save Pagano and jack up their draft position.  7-9 is very possible with their remaining schedule.  When it happens I won't feel giddy about it.  I will still lobby for Pagano's ouster at season's end.

Personally, I would be fine with them losing as many of their remaining games as possible. I want to be in a position where Ballard can trade our high first for multiple picks to a team looking to take one of the quarterbacks.  This team has a lot of needs and multiple 8-8 or 7-9 type seasons are not ideal draft position-wise for a team looking to rebuild and add several playmakers on both sides of the ball.  

We have been able to beat half the losses we have now! And be at the top of our division! We have lead ( guessing ) 3-4 of our losses by 17 going into the end of the 3rd/4th quarter. ( guesstimating ) again ..... our record should be way better but we go away from what works ... coaching is the problem on top of the young/veteran group we have out there. 

Our schedule is pretty favorable from here on out. We're not a good enough team to confidently predict wins but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up 3-3 in their last six.

There's a couple tough games against the Titans and Jags but then we have the Bills and Broncos. They're both imploding. The Ravens have been up and down but it is a road game. Then we end on the Texans. Each of our last two regular season games have been close wins against division opponents, and I think that streak continues.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We will win all 6 going 9-7, steal the Division away from the Jags, keep Pagano and our Draft position will be in the 20's lmao 

I know it is very unrealistic but that would actually make me happy.  You never know what can happen in the playoffs.

Looking at the schedule (up until now and going forward), this was a terrible year to have a rebuilding year. The Colts are possibly looking at a 12-4 year if Luck is healthy. Missed opportunities is a theme with this team.

Next year is going to be a much different year. The Colts will likely get the last place teams in the AFC North (Browns)  and AFC West (Chargers)...but they will also have a better division (with Watson coming back) and they will have to play against the East divisions.

It's far too early to predict anything...but the schedule this year could look like a cakewalk compared to next season when it's all said and done. It's going to make this offseason even more critical. 

1 hour ago, shastamasta said:

Looking at the schedule (up until now and going forward), this was a terrible year to have a rebuilding year. The Colts are possibly looking at a 12-4 year if Luck is healthy. Missed opportunities is a theme with this team.

Next year is going to be a much different year. The Colts will likely get the last place teams in the AFC North (Browns)  and AFC West (Chargers)...but they will also have a better division (with Watson coming back) and they will have to play against the East divisions.

It's far too early to predict anything...but the schedule this year could look like a cakewalk compared to next season when it's all said and done. It's going to make this offseason even more critical. 

true, we can't get an easier schedule than we've had but if luck is back other teams have to worry about he colts qb more than the colts have to worry about their qb.

7 hours ago, shastamasta said:

I don't think the chargers will be a last placed team