Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AmI the only one

Imrryr

1 hour ago, B~Town said:

How about the OC in KC heard he is at the top of Ballards list . 

Watched a few interviews with him.  Wasn't blown away, but what can you tell from an interview?  If I didn't know who Belichick was and watched him in an interview for the first time, I would probably think the guy is a weirdo.  

I think there are a few camps with the anti-McDaniels sentiment, most of which tend to be:

1. A Patriots fan not wanting to lose McDaniels, so they come up with all possible reasons he won't come and be a head coach at Indy for Irsay.
  2. A Colts fan hung up on McDaniels' past and not the lessons he has clearly stated he has learned from his first stint, plus the positives as a play caller (Mike McCarthy, Sean Payton, Andy Reid do not give up their play calling duties on offense either), OR can't get past Pagano's endearing abilities overlooking his shortcomings.

We are all spin doctors of some kind with our own spin on this situation, lol. :) 

20 hours ago, NorthernBlue said:

Proven loser? He had one bad stint in Denver where Kyle Orton was his QB. The wheels fell off yes but he started out brilliantly and even beat New England.

I'm not saying he'll be great but I feel like saying he's just a good OC and not HC, based off 1 3/4 seasons is more premature than thinking he's learned from the experience and is ready to coach a team again.

Like NCF said, tons of great coaches needed until their second attempt to establish themselves in the league. Remember Belechick in  Cleveland?

Orton sucked.

I have a feeling that had the Colts been looking at Bill Belichick as a HC in 2000 most of the fans on this board would have talked about how he was a terrible coach in Cleveland and is not HC material.

I distinctly remember a lot of fans who mentioned they would want Dungy as a DC but never as a HC because he proved in Tampa he was just a mediocre HC.

Pete Carroll is another one, I remember several discussions about how stupid the Seahawks were for hiring Carroll, who was another very good college coach but could not cut it as an NFL head coach.

4 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I have a feeling that had the Colts been looking at Bill Belichick as a HC in 2000 most of the fans on this board would have talked about how he was a terrible coach in Cleveland and is not HC material.

I distinctly remember a lot of fans who mentioned they would want Dungy as a DC but never as a HC because he proved in Tampa he was just a mediocre HC.

Pete Carroll is another one, I remember several discussions about how stupid the Seahawks were for hiring Carroll, who was another very good college coach but could not cut it as an NFL head coach.

This is true.

Everyone thought that in boston when BBwas hired.  I made fun of them all.  Whose laughing now?

I liked the dungy hire don't remember thinking much of carroll.

Does that mean Pagano should be given a second chance?  Did the other three need to leave to succeed or could they have done it if they stayed?  I think the first two would have, not sure of carroll.  

1 hour ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Carroll is the same coach who lost a Super Bowl for trying to be cute at the end of the game when he had beast mode in the backfield.   Real smart.  If he was coaching the Colts the fans would have wanted his head on a silver platter.  

From the Patriots, anybody not named Bill Belichick is a crapshoot. They may get lucky if they hire one, but history is not supporting this measure.

So far I like the Colts special teams coach. He seems to know his stuff, pays attention to details, and hold his players accountable according to Pat McAfee snd Adam Vinatieri.

17 hours ago, Fluke_33 said:

This is true.

Everyone thought that in boston when BBwas hired.  I made fun of them all.  Whose laughing now?

I liked the dungy hire don't remember thinking much of carroll.

Does that mean Pagano should be given a second chance?  Did the other three need to leave to succeed or could they have done it if they stayed?  I think the first two would have, not sure of carroll.  

Yes Pagano should be given a second chance.... on another team