Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What happened to KC??

Chrisaaron1023

I went to the game with a friend. We had a great time. The Giants looked like a completely different team today. The defense played inspired and aggressive. The defense bent at times but did not break. They limited KC to 3 FGs. Giants fans were pleasantly surprised with how they played today.

Losing to the Giants looks bad but I did not think KC played poorly. The Giants just played better. 

Glad you had fun but I don't buy it. I thought the Raiders were back to but in hindsight all they did was beat a falling KC team a few weeks ago. 

The question is what happened to the whole dang division? The Giants and Browns would mop the floor with all 4 of them right now it looks like.

3 hours ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Started out the season soo promising.. beat the mighty Patriots on opening night, started 5-0, only team to beat the Eagles. 

Are losing to the 1-8 Giants... wth happened? 

Yeah, that was a bad loss.  Good news for them though is they have 4 remaining home games left against Buffalo, Mia, Oak and LA with road games against Denver and NYJ.  Not exactly a difficult remaining schedule haha .  They still are in complete control of the division especially with Oakland getting pounded by NE right now.  They should win about 10-11 games.  

When the Chiefs were 5-0 after starting the season with a bang, I thought they were up with the Steelers and Patriots. They seemed to be a lock in what was supposed to be a competitive AFC Best, but instead looked like the AFC Worst after eight weeks. I know Eric Berry and Chris Conley have torn Achilles tendons, but otherwise, are injuries really bad enough to cause such a big collapse? Today was supposed to be the day they end their losing streak.

3 minutes ago, JaguarsWoman said:

When the Chiefs were 5-0 after starting the season with a bang, I thought they were up with the Steelers and Patriots. They seemed to be a lock in what was supposed to be a competitive AFC Best, but instead looked like the AFC Worst after eight weeks. I know Eric Berry and Chris Conley have torn Achilles tendons, but otherwise, are injuries really bad enough to cause such a big collapse? Today was supposed to be the day they end their losing streak.

9 points against Giants. As usual like I have brought up in the past, Smith pulling his disappearing acts in the 2nd half of the season in games.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

9 points against Giants. As usual like I have brought up in the past, Smith pulling his disappearing acts in the 2nd half of the season in games.

I won't get my hopes up with the Chiefs this time around. They seem to have major major issues with the Steelers too.

Pats slap the Raiders like they were puppies and the Chiefs humiliate themselves and their fans. Andy Reed, a good coach? Look at all the ups and downs of all teams in a season and in a ten year span then look at New England. Never in the NFL has a single team been the standout to this magnitude. If you were telling their story to someone that knew nothing about the NFL they would have to believe you were lying. 

13 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Pats slap the Raiders like they were puppies and the Chiefs humiliate themselves and their fans. Andy Reed, a good coach? Look at all the ups and downs of all teams in a season and in a ten year span then look at New England. Never in the NFL has a single team been the standout to this magnitude. If you were telling their story to someone that knew nothing about the NFL they would have to believe you were lying. 

In all honesty I think Carr is a bit overrated. There is no excuse why the Raiders should be 4-6. Alex Smith is just who he is, he fades in the 2nd half of seasons and cant win a big game in the Playoffs.

I've watched a few of their games. It seems like they've forgotten how to run the ball. They only ran Hunt 4 times in the first half.

According to Dungy and Harrison, they've reverted Smith back to a game manager AND have gotten away from the run. They just do a lot of short passes and gadget plays. 

KC stopped running the ball well enough. Kareem Hunt was not told any different. I own him in several FF leagues and the holes between the tackles are not being made like earlier in the season and Kareem does not have the vision to take the ball outside the tackles when the holes are not there.

They went from Alex Smith chucking the ball and being an impactful QB in this passing league back to him being a game manager. They have to put the ball back in his hands and make plays in the passing game to open up the running game, it is as simple as that. 

On D, their D misses Berry for sure but that is no excuse to give up the same kind of runs outside the tackles that the Steelers gash them with every time they play them only that now it happens with other teams too. That is how the Steelers beat them in the playoffs, kicking 6 FGs. Teams know not to throw against their strength but know that there are certain runs that will work against that front if you stay patient. That is EXACTLY what the Giants did, beat them in a FG game. That is pretty much what the Patriots did, used the run in game 1 for Gillislee to punch it in instead of trying to force the pass. It is just that the Patriots' D in game 1 was not nearly what it is now, night and day.

I know Andy Reid is not stupid and is great with Xs and Os, but then he can be stubborn, that is where Belichick is different, he moves on from things that do not work faster and does not let any stubborn ways get in the way. 

By this time in the season, there aren't a lot of surprises that an offense can throw at a D.  You have to flat out execute the defense on things they know is coming.  I haven't seen them do that in the last couple games.  

I HATE our slow starts, but would rather be picking up steam as the season rolls around than fading.  That can snowball really fast and that looks like what's happening with KC