azcolt

Harbaugh

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Or maybe the Bills coach.  Ouch!

Ain't that the truth. After they beat the Jets, Broncos and the Falcons McDermott was the man. Funny how things change very quickly in the fans eyes.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Chuck gets fired I just pray we hire someone that will come in and make a huge impact, like the Rams Coach.

McVay has certainly done a great job.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

McVay has certainly done a great job.

Yes he has. How and why Fishers was hired in the first place was dumb founding to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Ain't that the truth. After they beat the Jets, Broncos and the Falcons McDermott was the man. Funny how things change very quickly in the fans eyes.

That's how most fans are though. Off topic a little but remember how many people on here was saying Derek Carr is the new great young QB after last season instead of Luck? Carr is now 4-6 and he is healthy with great weapons on Offense. Just got creamed by the Pats too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes he has. How and why Fishers was hired in the first place was dumb founding to me.

Hes made a living off that one SB appearance. Teams keep thinking he will take them there I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hes made a living off that one SB appearance. Teams keep thinking he will take them there I guess.

His name isn't Fish for nothing, Coaching wise he swimming with the ol fishes now. I doubt he ever gets another HeadCoaching gig.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

His name isn't Fish for nothing, Coaching wise he swimming with the ol fishes now. I doubt he ever gets another HeadCoaching gig.

On a positive note about Fisher though, he was a huge Peyton fan. I remember that game when he coached the Titans and tried about 10 onside kicks after some field goals. I know it wasn't that many but it seemed like it. Peyton put on a clinic as I remember.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

On a positive note about Fisher though, he was a huge Peyton fan. I remember that game when he coached the Titans and tried about 10 onside kicks after some field goals. I know it wasn't that many but it seemed like it. Peyton put on a clinic as I remember.

Hell Belichick goes for it on 4th and 2 from his own 30 because he's scared of Peyton. Even in the 2015 AFC Title Game with Peyton on his last legs, BB went for it twice on 4th and short instead of kicking FG's. To your point though, yes Fish handed us a lot of wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Speaking of Anderson I liked Rose Hulman much better. It was farther away from Indy but it was easier to get too and had more room to handle the fans. Plus the campus at Rose Hulman had a out in the country feel while Anderson's you had to drive through a bunch of traffic.

Yeah, but Anderson was great for the fans back in the Harbaugh days. Because you could get autographs right and left because the players had to walk right past you all the time. You could stand right on top of practice you could talk to the players all the time it was awesome for us fans. It was still awesome Peyton's rookie year. I got Peyton autograph many times that year. Then I went to Damon's and Peyton was there with his dad and there was hardly anybody there. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, but Anderson was great for the fans back in the Harbaugh days. Because you could get autographs right and left because the players had to walk right past you all the time. You could stand right on top of practice you could talk to the players all the time it was awesome for us fans. It was still awesome Peyton's rookie year. I got Peyton autograph many times that year. Then I went to Damon's and Peyton was there with his dad and there was hardly anybody there. 

I do have to agree with talking to the players. I also talked to Bob Lamey and Tom Moore a couple of times. The funniest time I talked with a player was Patty Mac.  He had just come out of practice playing the safety position. I ask him what he was doing in the back field and he said he was a jack of all trades with the Colts. That was the same season I seen Peyton lined up as a line backer. It was later said he did that so he could see what the line backers see during a game. Man, Peyton never missed a trick to make himself better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

McVay has certainly done a great job.

What I love about what McVay has done is he's surrounded himself with an experienced crew to help him along the way. I mean, they got Wade freaking Phillips running that defense.

 

If Indy decides to go for a younger guy like McDaniels as HC, they better surround him with some similar experienced coaching talent, so to avoid what went down on Denver 8 years ago.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

It's easy to do when you got Brady. Josh is just another guy nothing special at all. 

What about the 11-5 season without said Brady?  Or the 3-1 start last year without said Brady?  These were flukes to help your narrative I take it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2017 at 7:11 PM, DonnieDarko1023 said:

If Harbaugh would come back he would want full control of the front office and everything......since we have a brand new GM I doubt that would workout 

 

Do we actually know this to be a fact, or is this just what everyone's assumption is? I've seen a lot of people say this, but I'm not sure where it stems from. Also, what has Harbaugh done as a coach, at any level, to feel entitled to full roster control of an NFL franchise? He currently has that type of control at Michigan, and the results have been pretty underwhelming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

 

Do we actually know this to be a fact, or is this just what everyone's assumption is? I've seen a lot of people say this, but I'm not sure where it stems from. Also, what has Harbaugh done as a coach, at any level, to feel entitled to full roster control of an NFL franchise? He currently has that type of control at Michigan, and the results have been pretty underwhelming.

The assumptions are based on his past with the 49ers. First it was a power struggle and then turned to money.

What we all like in Harbaugh is his competitiveness. That is great on the field but does not work when he is dealing with a GM or an owner. Add the negative treatment of a lot of the veterans just fueled the fire. It was reported more than once he treated his players like children with making rules that you see in college. That type of treatment does not work with grown men.

That is the reasons IMO his personality is more suited for the college level. Jim seems to levitate to drama.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I'm saying is I'd rather have John than Jim....he is the better professional coach imo...and has as many wins against Belicheck as about anyone does. That said I would not expect either as they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 6:08 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just think he could do a lot here with Luck at QB and the Coaching job he did in SF was great until his final days. Many in here seem to want to give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt for his flop in Denver but don't want Harbaugh because of his controlling nature. Harbaugh may actually be more laid back his 2nd go around in the NFL for all we know. Probably doesn't matter anyway because he isn't leaving Michigan anyway.

More laid back?

 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UMd6Fv6OKfM

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Roger said:

He hates losing, a lot of people criticize Pagano for being too laid back and not getting in guys faces. Harbaugh would do that if players screw up. I think the whole thing that he would need complete control of the team if he came here is a bit of an exaggeration though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He hates losing, a lot of people criticize Pagano for being too laid back and not getting in guys faces. Harbaugh would do that if players screw up. I think the whole thing that he would need complete control of the team if he came here is a bit of an exaggeration though.

I agree.  I'm in favor of a coach who is a bit more animated than Pagano.  We've finished out of the playoffs two consecutive seasons with a supposed top five QB.  Either Luck isn't that good or Pagano can't coach.  I think it's the later.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roger said:

I agree.  I'm in favor of a coach who is a bit more animated than Pagano.  We've finished out of the playoffs two consecutive seasons with a supposed top five QB.  Either Luck isn't that good or Pagano can't coach.  I think it's the later.

Our Defense has been pretty Bad too. That doesn't help but with Luck we shouldn't miss the Playoffs and we did last season. The Houston game here made me so upset. No way we should've lost that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, P Son said:

Proving once again why I don't want Hairball anywhere near our Colts.  Not a winner.

Go Colts!

Hairball. LMAO!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2017 at 7:20 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I got his autograph years ago when I went to the Colts/Chargers game back in 1996. He was really cool. Of course I jinxed him, he threw 5 INT's that game lmao 

He is a great guy.  He came out and talked to my husband's little league football team while he was QB for the Colts.  You've never seen so many wide eyes and open mouths in your life - and that was just the parents lol.  I still have my Harbaugh autographed stat sheet from that little league practice scrimmage. 

 

Those of us over 35 or so that remember the Colts BPM (before Peyton Manning) revered Captain Comeback.  I would feel fortunate to have him as head coach. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.