Harbaugh

azcolt

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The 49ers fired him for a reason.

It's because the 49ers are a dysfunctional organization.  Look what they have done since they fired Harbaugh they have amassed an astounding 8-34 record.

So in summary.  The hire Harbaugh and go 44-19, 1 SB appearance, 3 NFCC game appearances.  They fire him and go 8-34, no playoffs.  So to me the 49ers firing him doesn't mean much because they obviously do not know what they are doing.

4 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

He was not fired for being a bad coach... You of all people should know this.

He was fired because he could not take not being the 'man'. He does not play well with others and he treats his players like children. The Is more than a couple of write ups on all of this.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

He was fired because he could not take not being the 'man'. He does not plat well with others and he treats his players like children. The Is more than a couple of write ups on all of this.

He was fired because he and Baalke did not get along and York, the new young owner came in and wanted to go with Baalke and not a coach who thought he was everything.  Harbaugh is hard to deal with, which is clearly noted, but he was a great coach there and was not fired for anything coaching related.  My only point!

1 minute ago, DaColts85 said:

He was fired because he and Baalke did not get along and York, the new young owner came in and wanted to go with Baalke and not a coach who thought he was everything.  Harbaugh is hard to deal with, which is clearly noted, but he was a great coach there and was not fired for anything coaching related.  My only point!

I have no problem with his coaching but in the NFL you have to have a personality that gets along with those who are above you.

You also can't treat grown men like they are college players either.

6 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have no problem with his coaching but in the NFL you have to have a personality that gets along with those who are above you.

You also can't treat grown men like they are college players either.

I agree, if he were to come to Indy (highly doubt it) he would get an immediate turn around though.  I do not want him here now based on his old school offense and only having him for maybe 5 years max.  I want our next coach to hopefully be here for the next 20 years (I know I have dreams).

1 minute ago, azcolt said:

So based on this superb thread that I created,  I am concluding this board is pro-Harbaugh. The only guy as competent as Jim is the self-proclaimed greatest President.

I would be very happy with another candidate.  Plus Harbaugh is going nowhere.  Give me McDaniels!

4 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

I agree, if he were to come to Indy (highly doubt it) he would get an immediate turn around though.  I do not want him here now based on his old school offense and only having him for maybe 5 years max.  I want our next coach to hopefully be here for the next 20 years (I know I have dreams).

It wouldn't matter if he came here because if he did't win a super bowl in three years he would be run out of town. haha

I am ProHarbaugh. What he accomplished with the 49ers was enough for me to see. 49ers were awful before he got there then they went to 3 straight NFC Title Games and was a few yards away from winning the SB with Kaepernick. He was 1 play away from being a SB winner. Ever since the 49ers let him go, they have been really bad.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am ProHarbaugh. What he accomplished with the 49ers was enough for me to see. 49ers were awful before he got there then they went to 3 straight NFC Title Games and was a few yards away from winning the SB with Kaepernick. He was 1 play away from being a SB winner. Ever since the 49ers let him go, they have been really bad.

I understand why you feel that way but there is more to being a head coach than just coaching. It is a must for a head coach to work with the front office and not have a problem not being in charge.

He also has to treat his players as the men they are. It doesn't work for you to attempt to control them like they were college players. Most of the veteran players who played for him when he was with the 49ers didn't have much good to say about him.

Look, don't get me wrong about how I feel about Jim but IMO his personality is more suited to coach at the college level.

With that being said it would be pretty hard for him to leave his alma mater where he runs the show.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand why you feel that way but there is more to being a head coach than just coaching. It is a must for a head coach to work with the front office and not have a problem not being in charge.

He also has to treat his players as the men they are. It doesn't work for you to attempt to control them like they were college players. Most of the veteran players who played for him when he was with the 49ers didn't have much good to say about him.

Look, don't get me wrong about how I feel about Jim but IMO his personality is more suited to coach at the college level.

With that being said it would be pretty hard for him to leave his alma mater where he runs the show.

I just think he could do a lot here with Luck at QB and the Coaching job he did in SF was great until his final days. Many in here seem to want to give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt for his flop in Denver but don't want Harbaugh because of his controlling nature. Harbaugh may actually be more laid back his 2nd go around in the NFL for all we know. Probably doesn't matter anyway because he isn't leaving Michigan anyway.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just think he could do a lot here with Luck at QB and the Coaching job he did in SF was great until his final days. Many in here seem to want to give McDaniels the benefit of the doubt for his flop in Denver but don't want Harbaugh because of his controlling nature. Harbaugh may actually be more laid back his 2nd go around in the NFL for all we know. Probably doesn't matter anyway because he isn't leaving Michigan anyway.

I think you are more than likely right.

I could be wrong but if Pagano is fired it wouldn't surprise me for a head coach that hasn't been mentioned in here becomes the coach.

We can't pay too much attention to what the media has to say so we wait.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think you are more than likely right.

I could be wrong but if Pagano is fired it wouldn't surprise me for a head coach that hasn't been mentioned in here becomes the coach.

We can't pay too much attention to what the media has to say so we wait.

We will probably hire someone nobody has even mentioned and this Site will go bonkers lmao 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It could back fire, never know about these things. Chuck hasn't been fired yet but if he is, next season will be real interesting with a new Coach.

What do you think the reaction would be if Irsay don't fire Pagano?  Most thought he was going to be fired last season and wasn't.

We never really know what Irsay and Ballard are thinking at this point. All we have heard is Pagano's record would not be a factor.

Stranger things has happened. :dunno:

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

What do you think the reaction would be if Irsay don't fire Pagano?  Most thought he was going to be fired last season and wasn't.

We never really know what Irsay and Ballard are thinking at this point. All we have heard is Pagano's record would not be a factor.

Stranger things has happened. :dunno:

I think if Chuck isn't fired this Site will go insane haha. I think a change is needed but I don't go out of my way to bash Chuck. I think he is far from the worst Coach in the league. His record has actually been good while here in Indy and the players play hard for Chuck. I just think now that we have Ballard being a new GM, he probably wants his guy and a different culture. For all we know maybe Ballard likes Chuck though more than we think?? There are so many people on here that hate Chuck as a Coach, if he doesn't get fired it will ruin their year. The Posts that would come from that would be beyond entertaining!

On 11/19/2017 at 1:26 AM, Carlos Danger said:

I'll second that... I agree with some that a more abrasive head coach might be a good way to go, but Jim is an overcorrection in my view.. I can't see him being our long term answer at this point, especially considering that he might want to take over some GM duties.

McDaniels and the OC at KC are both intriguing to me. I have heard lots of good things about McDaniels as far as in-game adjustments are concerned, an area where we have suffered under Pagano.

Philly seems to have struck gold picking from the Andy Reid tree, despite the fact that Reid is known for limiting the in-game control of his coordinators. KC has done amazing things with their offense despite (imo) the average talent of players like Smith, Hunt, Hill... 

I'll take either of those guys over JH mostly based on the fact that his personality got him run out of town despite his obvious coaching prowess... That's scary to me. 

It's easy to do when you got Brady. Josh is just another guy nothing special at all. 

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think he would be great here and he will get the most out of his players. 

Just now, superrep1967 said:

I think he would be great here and he will get the most out of his players. 

Maybe so but he can't treat them like children as he has been accused of by the veterans that played for him.

Besides, IMO he will not leave Michigan anytime soon. Why should he? He has control.

10 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

I met him many times at training camp in Anderson when he played here and he seemed like a very nice guy. 

Speaking of Anderson I liked Rose Hulman much better. It was farther away from Indy but it was easier to get too and had more room to handle the fans. Plus the campus at Rose Hulman had a out in the country feel while Anderson's you had to drive through a bunch of traffic.

20 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think if Chuck isn't fired this Site will go insane haha. I think a change is needed but I don't go out of my way to bash Chuck. I think he is far from the worst Coach in the league. His record has actually been good while here in Indy and the players play hard for Chuck. I just think now that we have Ballard being a new GM, he probably wants his guy and a different culture. For all we know maybe Ballard likes Chuck though more than we think?? There are so many people on here that hate Chuck as a Coach, if he doesn't get fired it will ruin their year. The Posts that would come from that would be beyond entertaining!

If Chuck isn't fired this site will go insane but WHO CARES.  No one on this site has a clue on what is going on or how to run a team.  If Ballard decides he should come back so be it.  Many people on this site say they trust Ballard.  If he brings him back than I guess they are going to have to suck it up and realize the man knows more than they do.  No matter what happens he is doing what he thinks is best for the team.  I can accept that.