Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Jimmy brings Chuck Back in 18?

JColts72

14 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

That is an extreme and drastic approach to this debate.  You are saying with another coach we could have had better records.  I am saying with another coach we could have been way worse as well.  Not sure why you are trying to take it to the extreme...

Not taking it to the extreme.  Chuck gets credit for something that more than half the coaches in the league could have accomplished and more 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Not taking it to the extreme.  Chuck gets credit for something that more than half the coaches in the league could have accomplished and more 

But these are hypothetical...so there is no point to any of what you are saying.  You claim another coach could do better as I claim another coach could have done far worse...

5 hours ago, Coltfreak said:

It's easy for you to point out the things you want to use as negative but totally disregard anything positive and then in turn disregard those who point those out.

In Luck's 1st 3 seasons I don't see how anyone could ask for more? We didn't have an overly talented Roster but had a Very Good QB (arguably Great at times). We overachieved in 2012 by going 11-5 coming off a 2-14 season after almost a complete overhaul of the Roster. Then backed that up by 2 more 11-5 seasons and advancing farther in the Playoffs each year. We ran into this generations greatest team in the Pats in 2013 and 2014 otherwise we may have actually made a SB.

39 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It's easy for you to point out the things you want to use as negative but totally disregard anything positive and then in turn disregard those who point those out.

My opinion is there is nothing positive that Pagano brings to this team or any team as a HC.  he is out of his league in that capacity.    You don't have to agree. I couldn't care less.   It's my opinion and 100's of thousands agree with me 

I am all in for a New Coach, I just think it's time for a change. Having said that for the people that go out of their way to bash Chuck and give him no credit for our wins, you guys better hope who we hire isn't a flop. If our New Coach is worse, than you guys need to own it after you celebrate Chuck getting fired. The standard is we need to go at least 11-5 and make the AFC Title Game if Luck I healthy, Chuck made it that far with no Run game and a mediocre Defense. If Luck is healthy and Chuck is so rotten than any new Coach we get should be able to go 11-5 and make the AFC Title Game by Chuck haters logic. So that is the standard otherwise it's a fail.

On 11/14/2017 at 8:09 AM, BlueShoe said:

He hired a new GM who has done worse (record) than Grigson. 

There are a lot of variables at play, but unless we win 5 of the last 6 then the statement will be true.

No pitchfork reply’s needed from anyone. I am not defending Grigson, and was glad he was let go. Truth is, according to our record, we are going backwards. Hopefully that somehow allows us to go forward. We can all be as optimistic as we want to be, but it still has to play out like we all want it to. 

Chris Ballard is not worse then grigson. 

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am all in for a New Coach, I just think it's time for a change. Having said that for the people that go out of their way to bash Chuck and give him no credit for our wins, you guys better hope who we hire isn't a flop. If our New Coach is worse, than you guys need to own it after you celebrate Chuck getting fired. The standard is we need to go at least 11-5 and make the AFC Title Game if Luck I healthy, Chuck made it that far with no Run game and a mediocre Defense. If Luck is healthy and Chuck is so rotten than any new Coach we get should be able to go 11-5 and make the AFC Title Game by Chuck haters logic. So that is the standard otherwise it's a fail.

*Luck

I have 100% faith in Ballard bringing in someone better than Pagano. He was a middle of the pack coach. All we need is someone that knows how and when to make proper in game adjustments. We don't even have to have someone as good as BB.

1 hour ago, colt18 said:

*Luck

I have 100% faith in Ballard bringing in someone better than Pagano. He was a middle of the pack coach. All we need is someone that knows how and when to make proper in game adjustments. We don't even have to have someone as good as BB.

I hope. We do need a change but I just hope it doesn't back fire.

Again there are not loads of quality coaching candidates out there in the first place. If you don't get Mcdaniels then the next guy you bring in is probably going to be a first time head coach, which you dont really know what type of in game adjustments the guy would make. You're just assuming the guy would be better without much proof. I just don't like the angle that multiple NFL coaches would have walked in here having to coach with the rosters we've had and won a Superbowl or multiple Superbowls by now. If that is reality then I'm asking myself why the Cowboys haven't even made it to even the NFC championship since almost forever. They had/have a good roster and Romo was a good QB. Saints haven't been there in Forever and they've got Hofer at QB. Ravens haven't gone very far in some time and they've had better rosters than we have had in that span. Dont try to make it seem like anybody can do what Chuck accomplished.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:29 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep bad defense. And a bad RB.... The  strength of the team was the offense... it was the best part of the team....  led by Pep Hamilton yet he is the one that got fired.   Another Pagano scapegoat to try to save his own butt....  bring in Chud and they basically kill,Luck   Change the DC and bring in someone worse.....

chuck Sucks