Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If Jimmy brings Chuck Back in 18?

JColts72

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Jimmy hires a new coach and he does worst then Chuck? 

Remember Chuck is still under contract. I dunno which way things will go but either way I'm a Colts fan and I am thankful that I can enjoy the game of Football. 

I always wish for a win, and will support the team WIN or LOSE and am disgusted with a loss, But football doesn't pay my bills so i just enjoy the game. 

9 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

That would not be a total shock on how loyal Jimmy is to Chuck, but it will be hard to go through another season with happy tunes Chuck approach and continued bad football.

I would actually say it would be a total shock.  I don't think it can happen as Jim seems all in on Ballard and you are holding back what Ballard is trying to do for the team with the coaching staff that are there.

Letting Ballard bring in his own guy and moving forward in that dynamic is the only way IMO.

43 minutes ago, strt182 said:

What if Jimmy hires a new coach and he does worst then Chuck? 

He hired a new GM who has done worse (record) than Grigson. 

There are a lot of variables at play, but unless we win 5 of the last 6 then the statement will be true.

No pitchfork reply’s needed from anyone. I am not defending Grigson, and was glad he was let go. Truth is, according to our record, we are going backwards. Hopefully that somehow allows us to go forward. We can all be as optimistic as we want to be, but it still has to play out like we all want it to. 

i wont be surprised if we are bad next year(record wise) with or without chuck

teams know they can double ty and rush the passer to beat us

our D can hold its own sometimes but they dont really scare anyone either.  lots of changes are needed

Ive already become a "watch from a far " type of fan because of the way Irsay has handled this team the last few years, i also do not attend Colts games regularly anymore. If Irsay brought Chuck back another year, i will probably follow the Eagles next season with my nephew and just check in the forum periodically and look at wins and losses for the Colts.

32 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

I would actually say it would be a total shock.  I don't think it can happen as Jim seems all in on Ballard and you are holding back what Ballard is trying to do for the team with the coaching staff that are there.

Letting Ballard bring in his own guy and moving forward in that dynamic is the only way IMO.

Who is to say that Chuck isn't the head coach that Ballard wants?  Just assuming Ballard wants to bring in someone else is not cut in stone. Whenever Jimmy was ask all he said is that Chuck would not be fired over the Colts record.

To answer your question - if Pagano is brought back it meant that the team showed progress throughout the season.  That the team is trending up and they're on the right track to be a contender.

The coaching staff will be evaluated just like the players at the end of the season.  Did they do their job, do they have potential to get better, etc.

If that was the case (I'm not saying it is) then why wouldn't you bring back the coaching staff?

I'm starting to feel like it may happen, same as I did around this time last year. 

I've said it in other threads. This guy must have been born at the end of a rainbow. Almost every loss this guy incurs he can put a good spin on it. 

What reallt worries me is how Ballard talked about wanting to see him develop players, and we've seen some players come on strong this season. 

Which is good, but it shouldn't be enough to save his job. The mistakes he makes as a coach are just too great to overcome. 

59 minutes ago, JColts72 said:

That would not be a total shock on how loyal Jimmy is to Chuck, but it will be hard to go through another season with happy tunes Chuck approach and continued bad football.

then they'll probably become the St Louis Colts. or the San Diego Colts

36 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

There are a lot of variables at play, but unless we win 5 of the last 6 then the statement will be true.

No pitchfork reply’s needed from anyone. I am not defending Grigson, and was glad he was let go. Truth is, according to our record, we are going backwards. Hopefully that somehow allows us to go forward. We can all be as optimistic as we want to be, but it still has to play out like we all want it to. 

Our starting QB didn’t take a single snap this year, & anyone who’s watched the defense the past few weeks is seeing a unit that’s starting to gel & improve. Those 2 things considered, I don’t see how you could think we’re going backwards.

40 minutes ago, BlueShoe said:

No Pitchfork but that is unfair. Luck has been out all season and Ballard has to have to time to build his kind of team.

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Our starting QB didn’t take a single snap this year, & anyone who’s watched the defense the past few weeks is seeing a unit that’s starting to gel & improve. Those 2 things considered, I don’t see how you could think we’re going backwards.

Agreed. The defense is picking up speed. I thought for sure Bell would've gashed us to pieces, but I tell ya, our run defense is starting to look the best in years. 

There's a mild possibility it'll happen especially if the defense keeps improving. It's possible they switch up just the offensive coordinator and keep the head coach. It may not be what most fans like but it's something I can see happening because of Irsay's antecedents.

If he feels there are no better options around, he will stick with Pagano like he did this season. Last season, one of the guys who went to Buffalo, LA Rams, and San Fran should have replaced Pagano but Jim Irsay took his sweet time. Who is there floating around with the credentials of a Sean McVay?

The Pagano hate on this board has reached ridiculous levels . Find another team with so few draft picks from the past several years that are in the NFL then look at players careers after leaving Indy .   I know this is against the grain but we have a horrible roster put any coach you want Bill or Pete and there record would be about the same . 

5 minutes ago, Colt.45 said:

Last season, one of the guys who went to Buffalo, LA Rams, and San Fran should have replaced Pagano but Jim Irsay took his sweet time. Who is there floating around with the credentials of a Sean McVay?

He took his sweet time with what?  Pagano was not fired, so there was no one to look for as a replacement.

14 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Problem is, many get hung up on the record, and it's not all about that. Not when it comes to the evaluation of the staff. Not at this time.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If some of these people only would've watched during the Kush and Dowhower days with mighty Mike Pagel at QB :lol:

Been watching and was a season ticket holder since the Colts arrived in Indy.  I've seen it all, and I am at the end of my rope with Chuck.  The end.

1 hour ago, JColts72 said:

If Chuck is brought back, then he is brought back. If this season is teaching me anything, it's that complaining and whining gets us nowhere. We can't control what Jim does at the end of the day... 

I still love the Colts, and will always support them. But I'm getting less and less emotionally attached to what happens with this team. Perhaps it's the aging process... Whatever happens, happens. 

I would be done with the team until Pagano goes. I'm already only tolerating it because I understand what a top 5-10 draft pick will do for our team and I'm giving Ballard the benefit of the doubt right now that he can turn around the team with some time. Unfortunately, besides Hooker, the draft class is looking worse and worse, and even Simon can't stay healthy now. 

Yes though, if Pagano stays, I will just follow the Broncos as I live in Colorado, and check up on the Colts to see how the young players are doing. I'd be very confident Luck and the team wouldn't be going anywhere with Pagano there. Not wasting my time on the same song and dance with Pagano there hoping he defeats the Steelers and Pats. Football is a game of skill, not hope and luck.

4 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If Chuck is brought back, then he is brought back. If this season is teaching me anything, it's that complaining and whining gets us nowhere. We can't control what Jim does at the end of the day... 

I still love the Colts, and will always support them. But I'm getting less and less emotionally attached to what happens with this team. Perhaps it's the aging process... Whatever happens, happens. 

Yep, I'm 30 now, and this has made tune out. I'm enjoying daily and yearly fantasy football a lot more because it gives me a sense of control and it's a lot more fun. Also gives me a chance to make money off individual success rather than watch helplessly as a fan and do nothing. Fantasy sports was the best thing that happened to the sports industry IMO.

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

i wont be surprised if we are bad next year(record wise) with or without chuck

teams know they can double ty and rush the passer to beat us

our D can hold its own sometimes but they dont really scare anyone either.  lots of changes are needed

i think our new offensive cord will have a few new tricks up his sleeve to keep defenses guessing.

1 hour ago, BlueShoe said:

"It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth. "Thomas Fuller, English theologian and historian, c. 1650

Well we aren't in control of anything and we don't know what Ballard and Irsays plans are.   If they bring Chuck back I just hope it's on the condition that we change the offensive system which of course would mean change the OC.    I think the offensive system needs to match what Chucks philosophy is.   Run the ball, Stop the Run.  That's also the same philosophy the Chiefs had in Kansas City so he and Ballard should be on the same page with that maybe.  I don't think what we have been doing has matched that.  Instead what we have done is pass the ball, pass the ball/Want to Stop the Run but can't. 

Now that we are playing better defense along with having a bunch of money to add to that side of the ball and more draft picks coming next year I expect we'll be a much better defensive team. Should also be able to adequately address the OL.    I would like to see a play action offense similar to either the old Denver Broncos when Elway was QB.  Or maybe what the Chiefs are doing this year.

9 minutes ago, egg said:

When did it become fashionable to call Jim Irsay "Jimmy"?.......sounds degrading and stupid.

To be fair, a lot of Jim's public image has BECOME degrading, with some stupid actions thrown in over the years.....  I still like the guy and think he's a great owner, but any shade thrown his way from the public?  He kinda earned it.....